Finally!! Received an upsell offer

Cruise Raider

You might try negotiating an even better upsell deal. Sometimes there is room for improvement and the agent on the end of the line will not be offended, if you try.

Good to know ... it is worth a try. I always ask, “what are they going to do if I ask ... certainly not hit me with a baseball bat”. Thanks for that idea. I think if there are any balcony cabins left after sending out the offers, it might just mean that nobody else is biting.

I know i didn’t get the offer because they needed my cabin as there are still several cabins still available in that category. Those cabins may be assigned to those that book a guarantee and they are just seeing if they can get a few more dollars by offering the upsell first ... vs giving them to those that booked a OV guarantee.

I really don’t understand the folks who look down on and speak badly of “upsell” offers. If you don’t want it, don’t take it!! It’s obvious that a “free” upgrade would be better than a “paid” upgrade, but the choice is totally up to the cruiser.

Before Princess started upsells, there were many, many posts on Cruise Critic from people hoping from a visit from the (free) Upgrade Fairy. And many people were so visited.

And then Princess discovered that many people who used to like free upgrades were willing to pay for them. Thus now very few people receive free upgrades.

Princess holds cabins behind the scenes.

Seeing cabins available or having the sailing show sold out means nothing as far as upsells.

I have seen them offered under both circumstances.

Also good to know. Tomorrow is the big day .. I hope!! Fingers crossed.

After 9 Princess cruises, we've never received an upsell or upgrade offer. But I wonder if it's because we always get minisuites or full suites? I would think that the odds are better if a lower category is booked. Right?

All but one of our upsells were from mini to full suite. One was balcony to mini and it was free. Problem with taking the offers is I am now spoiled. I'm always trying to get a deal on a full suite. I was kinda shocked when I tried to book a handicap mini suite cause my mom was with me, I recieved a pop up message saying "we are sorry, the category you selected is sold out but you can select this handicap full suite for the same fare". Naturally I took it. The selection was one of the new cabins put in the back of the Island so probably noisy as heck, I'm not complaining.

After 9 Princess cruises, we've never received an upsell or upgrade offer. But I wonder if it's because we always get minisuites or full suites? I would think that the odds are better if a lower category is booked. Right?

Yes.

Booking a “regular” balcony or below increases your odds exponentially. Obviously, the more staterooms categories above your purchased stateroom, the more possible options.

Note to the Raiders fan: Sorry, Princess cancelled all upsells and upgrades previously offered effective immediately. ;p

BTW: Niners Rule!

(A long ago South Bay Resident)

Note to the Raiders fan: Sorry, Princess cancelled all upsells and upgrades previously offered effective immediately. ;p

Hahaha!

So, surprisingly, I am actually a Packers fan! (A long ago Green Bay resident)

But, I married someone that eats, sleeps and breathes silver and black ... so there you have it! :D

Fingers crossed for you, Lisa! I know how much you have wanted one of these and your disappointment with realizing your TA wasn’t passing these on to you. If this doesn’t work, maybe even better and you get a move over !!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Katie!! I got it!!

She rep let me pick my cabin and I got a Caribe deck premium balcony, kind of midship!! How exciting is that??? I couldn't believe she let me pick out of the existing inventory. While it turned out to be almost an additional $600, I got the obstructed OV for dirt cheap when I first booked it. If I'd had gotten that good of a deal when first booking it, I would have jumped on the balcony cabin. So ... all is well now I've received my first ever upsell offer. I have to find a good TA that does pass these along. I sure do wish that Princess would just put a little notation on our cruise personalizer instead.

Anyway ... now I don't have to be glued to the phone today. Yipppppie!!

We have only booked mini suites for years now and for the last 2 years we have gotten decent upsell offers to full suites on long (15-20 days) and taken them - hoping for the same on a 20 day cruise this November

Yay!!!!!

Enjoy!

That is great! And a great deal on your new Caribe cabin

We might change our booking to "Available for Upgrade" when we get to final payment.

Right now, a Mini is priced at about $150.00 pp more than our cabin.

I would def. jump if the offer were decent! Less than the current $300.00.

We also have a great fare on our current booking, with the latest exclusive Captain's Circle promo.

But, I would have to pass up any upsell that came with that kind of price-tag.

Edited by Wishing on a star

Yay!!!!!

Enjoy!

We might change our booking to "Available for Upgrade" when we get to final payment.

I was hoping any upsell that we might be lucky enough to get would be less than $600.00 !

That is great! And a great deal on your new Caribe cabin!

And, we also have a great fare on our current booking, with the latest exclusive Captain's Circle promo.

But, I would have to pass up any upsell that came with that kind of price-tag.

I think this is a very low cost upsell; $269/pp from obstructed OV to the extra large balcony for 10 days!

Yes!!! I am now realizing that this is a longer cruise!

We had one of those balconies once. (on the Ruby)

They will def. enjoy that balcony!

Vol, I think this seems to include some cruises for late this year into early next year.

We had gotten email, but nothing showed up online for the longest time.

Finally, when logged in with our Captain's Circle, the pricing showed up!

I think it was when I was seeing a lot of complaints about the web-site being screwed up.

Then, even after that, a belated flyer came in the mail...

The info mentioned also throwing in Specialty Dining, but that never showed up anywhere???

I believe that these fares are still showing up when we are logged in online.

Yes.

Booking a “regular” balcony or below increases your odds exponentially. Obviously, the more staterooms categories above your purchased stateroom, the more possible options.

You are not usually going to get an upsell for more than a couple of categories - if there are suites to fill they will usually offer them to people booked in mini's, once the are filled they will offer those empty mini's to balcony guests etc. The odds on getting an upsell from interior or OV to a full suite would be pretty rare. The last 2 years we have been offered upsells from mini's to full suites and the e-mail specified that they were being sent to mini suite passengers and what the price offer

You are not usually going to get an upsell for more than a couple of categories - if there are suites to fill they will usually offer them to people booked in mini's, once the are filled they will offer those empty mini's to balcony guests etc. The odds on getting an upsell from interior or OV to a full suite would be pretty rare. The last 2 years we have been offered upsells from mini's to full suites and the e-mail specified that they were being sent to mini suite passengers and what the price offer

I fully agree. To "up" to a full suite is rare from lower staterooms.

Thanks Katie!! I got it!!

She rep let me pick my cabin and I got a Caribe deck premium balcony, kind of midship!! How exciting is that??? I couldn't believe she let me pick out of the existing inventory. While it turned out to be almost an additional $600, I got the obstructed OV for dirt cheap when I first booked it. If I'd had gotten that good of a deal when first booking it, I would have jumped on the balcony cabin. So ... all is well now I've received my first ever upsell offer. I have to find a good TA that does pass these along. I sure do wish that Princess would just put a little notation on our cruise personalizer instead.

Anyway ... now I don't have to be glued to the phone today. Yipppppie!!

:D:D(y)(y):D:D

Premium Balcony? Midship? Hooray!!

That is going to make for one exciting cruise -- and for 10 whole days! We are on your sailing, too.

Glad you got it and that it's all squared away

Ellipooh ... we have to meet up during our cruise. Our roll call is so slow. I am not really complaining as I’ve been on some that have been chaotic ... way too many people. I am talking nearly 650!

Thanks for all the fingers crossed. They didn’t stand a chance! I am so happy and m6 DH is actually gleeful.

You can recognize us from his Santa beard.... enough said, I am sure.