Crazy crazy prices !

lovescarborough

Mid May 2019 - 9n Cony cruise in a 2B balcony (Cruise only price)

US price - $5478 (Drinks +$275obc) - Big Box price

UK price - £3055 (Drinks + Unlimited Wifi) - UK Internet TA (US$3880)

UK is $1320 cheaper without taking wifi into account.

This is surprising. Usually to the US online TAs are the cheapest

This is surprising. Usually to the US online TAs are the cheapest

Things started to change around a year ago.

Not sure if the Brits are under paying, the yanks are over paying or if everyone is still over paying? :D

Hawaii is having a fire sale right now, shouldn't really be compared to normal Celebrity pricing.

We booked for Sep/Oct 2019 B2B2B Eclipse Vancouver-Hawaii-Vancouver-Los Angeles since the bookings open in December 2017almost 2 years in advance, Veranda 2A the 2 Hawaii legs has dropped each one $1,800, this price drops was in May and June, Maybe the Tutu Pele effect is over, 2 weeks ago prices have his his first rebound $200. 3rd leg Vancouver to Los Angeles prices steady and expensive.

Ok here is my rant. I was just looking around at adding a 3rd cruise of 2019 to book onboard in Oct 2018. The cruise I looked at was Sept 9, 2019 cruise on Celebrity Edge. I was looking to book at Sky Suite. The only suite they had left was a Iconic Suite. The cost for 2 people in a Iconic Suite for a 11 night cruise is $85,758.16. I'm sure for that price I can book a private yacht. Checked online a nice yacht in the Med for a week, Length: 130' - Christensen (USA)

Guests: 12 | Price as low as: $95,000 a week. While you could book a smaller yacht for less.

Edited by bigbenboys
added info

The share holders shouldn't have any worry about as the CEO have said the booking is so strong.

They even have to cancel for one of the itinerary of Edge for the Atlantic group charter on march next year.

BTW today stock price 119.13 looks like going higher.:)

Things started to change around a year ago.

Not sure if the Brits are under paying, the yanks are over paying or if everyone is still over paying? :D

I seriously doubt that the UK online TAs are cheaper than the US online TAs.

Normally, Australians are charged the most, then the British, then the Europeans.

While Americans pay the least, because of the huge volume of bookings. That is why a lot of Aussies and British book through US online TAs.

Normally, Australians are charged the most, then the British, then the Europeans.

While Americans pay the least, because of the huge volume of bookings. That is why a lot of Aussies and British book through US online TAs.

This subject has been discussed in depth a lot recently.

Many Celebrity and RCL cruises sailing from an EU based port are now cheaper. Occasionally some in the US are too depending on special offers from Celebrity UK.

So you carry on doubting and those of us in the know here in the UK will continue to choose between UK and US bookings on a case by case basis so we can ensure we get the best deals. It's been working great for me lately....

Cheers

Many Celebrity and RCL cruises sailing from an EU based port are now cheaper. Occasionally some in the US are too depending on special offers from Celebrity UK.

So you carry on doubting and those of us in the know here in the UK will continue to choose between UK and US bookings on a case by case basis so we can ensure we get the best deals. It's been working great for me lately....

Cheers

I believe you. Kindly provide some examples

You are obvious not in touch with the true state of Celebrity's marketing strategy. Facts are facts - UK is considerable cheaper than the US at the moment and have been for the last 18 months. It is easy to check, just goto a .co.uk site.

Cheers

Celebrity did a very good job getting passengers filling up the ship by giving EU residences lower fares while the ships in Europe.

It does made a lot of sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Celebrity did a very good job getting passengers filling up the ship by giving EU residences lower fares while the ships in Europe.

Exactly

Met a group that REGULARLY sails out of Southhampton because its "cheap"

Still below all time high which was before the record setting second quarter earnings were announced and still under performing the stock market ytd.

Hey, I take it if the stock price keep performing like present.

Its been up from 103 in less than a month.:)

UK prices for Caribbean cruise are cheaper than the US Big Box prices not just European cruises.

UK prices for Caribbean cruise are cheaper than the US Big Box prices not just European cruises.

The reason for that is they try to fill up the ship.Celebrity also know that season cruisers they are tired of Caribbean cruises.

I am one of them.

The reason for that is they try to fill up the ship.Celebrity also know that season cruisers they are tired of Caribbean cruises.

I am one of them.

I did say U.K. prices were cheaper but what I failed to say was that all Celebrity prices are ridiculously high. Significant price drops are now occurring alienating many both sides of the pond.

I did say U.K. prices were cheaper but what I failed to say was that all Celebrity prices are ridiculously high. Significant price drops are now occurring alienating many both sides of the pond.

Simple,in basic economics we called it the Law of Supply and Demand.

Hey, I take it if the stock price keep performing like present.

Its been up from 103 in less than a month.:)

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile.

IF it keeps performing?? What if it doesn't?

The facts are facts, even after announcing record sales and profits in the second quarter, the stock price lowered. As of now it's down about $2 from years end and down over $17 from it's all time high. Both of these events happened in the first quarter. Stock prices are determined on what's going to happen in the future, not what you have done in the past. Professional investors control the market and this shows you what they think.

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile.

IF it keeps performing?? What if it doesn't?

The facts are facts, even after announcing record sales and profits in the second quarter, the stock price lowered. As of now it's down about $2 from years end and down over $17 from it's all time high. Both of these events happened in the first quarter. Stock prices are determined on what's going to happen in the future, not what you have done in the past. Professional investors control the market and this shows you what they think.

hmm very good and accurate point

so--do the pros think cruise sales will flatten? That the cruising population is aging out? That X will have to work hard to GROW given the aging population?

It appears X has not had problems filling staterooms and certainly suites. The huge # of SS on Edge indicates they believe then CAN fill those...

and the change up of the ships with the Retreat indicate they believe they CAN compete with the Haven and the YC

X is certainly a different experience from NCL and MSC on the ship in general (size etc)

thoughts?

We compared Azamara to Celebrity pro rata (on number of nights), adjusting for included drinks/premium coffees, gratuities etc, compared to a drinks package and gratuities to pay. Sailing to Antarctica out of Buenos Aires in January ‘19. Azamara in a suite worked out only a few pounds (sterling) more expensive than a standard balcony cabin with Celebrity!

Exactly

Met a group that REGULARLY sails out of Southhampton because its "cheap"

They're obviously quite dumb then because pricing depends on cabin type and itinerary, not the port you sail from. If there were ever a very cheap port, then you'd simply see demand raise along with the pricing to follow!

I believe that Celebrity UK found UK pax booking in the US frustrating and have been acting accordingly. Not only has their pricing become more competitive they've also started to improve the perks offered. They also have occasional ad hoc deals that you don't see in the US and some are actually quite good.

Royal Caribbean are the same these days too. My recent Norwegian Fjords cruise was considerably cheaper booking with RCL UK than it was with any big box US based TA. It definitely pays to shop around.

• 3 weeks later...
They're obviously quite dumb then because pricing depends on cabin type and itinerary, not the port you sail from. If there were ever a very cheap port, then you'd simply see demand raise along with the pricing to follow!

I believe that Celebrity UK found UK pax booking in the US frustrating and have been acting accordingly. Not only has their pricing become more competitive they've also started to improve the perks offered. They also have occasional ad hoc deals that you don't see in the US and some are actually quite good.

Royal Caribbean are the same these days too. My recent Norwegian Fjords cruise was considerably cheaper booking with RCL UK than it was with any big box US based TA. It definitely pays to shop around.

I’ve been saying for years on CC about checking on both sides of the pond prior to booking each cruise. One thing to consider is that as soon as you book in the U.K. you are tied to that booking (unless it’s an onboard reservation), which can vary greatly during the time before final payment. Initially, I’ve seen low pricing in the U.K. compared to the US and then 6 month out, US pricing dropping well below the U.K. costs. It’s swings and roundabouts - you win some, you lose some.

We’ve just returned from an Alaskan cruise on Princess and thb, there’s not that much difference now between the two lines. X has definitely become far more like all the other mass cruise lines than it ever used to be. We’re thinking why spend so much more when other lines are offering the same for less? We found some things were better on Princess than X and other things weren’t so good, but on the whole, it was very comparable. In fact, we have booked another Princess cruise after comparing the X offerings for next summer (Reflection in the Med in the summer again, NO thanks).

As you are aware, most of the Celebrity ships are in the Med during the summer season and the prices are :o, so we compared the offerings and 7 nights on X in a balcony was slightly more expensive than 13 nights on a New England cruise on Princess during the same time period. Even with the cheaper flights for us to mainland Europe, it was still far more expensive to take a B2B on X for the same duration. Did we miss our Elite status on Princess: no.

As a few continue to say on CC, loyalty meaning something is long gone - we’re spreading our wings and are enjoying the ride :D. We still have two place holders for X and one on Royal to throw in between, but we may now try to intermingle some other lines too ;).