Tamarind Restaurant

mcrcruiser

Would some one please post the menu from this restaurant

Also what did you enjoy eating the most ?:)

TIA

Thai chicken soup, shrimp tempura, wasabi beef tenderloin, chocolate fortune cookie

See Tamarind menu items as served:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/photo-reviews/ms-nieuw-amsterdam-on-board-images/nieuw-amsterdam-dining-2/lido-restaurant-dining-lido-restaurant

Tamarin d menu as requested:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Tamarind-Menu.pdf

Four of us thoroughly enjoyed the Tamarind on the Nieu Amsterdam in December and were depressed to find the Rotterdam (in July) too small to include it. Superb service. Adventurous cuisine.

Four of us thoroughly enjoyed the Tamarind on the Nieu Amsterdam in December and were depressed to find the Rotterdam (in July) too small to include it. Superb service. Adventurous cuisine.

Yes -- only the Signature and Pinnacle class ships have the Tamarind restaurant.

Not even the Vista class ships have this special restaurant.

We love the Tamarind as well.

We ate there three times on our last cruise. So yummy. We had pretty much everything previously listed in addition to the excellent Peking duck appetizer and the soft shell crab . The crab was the only miss. Everything else was fab

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can order a limited menu of Tamarind dishes in the Pinnacle Grill on ships that have been trained. We love the Tamarind and found the dishes available on the Volendam quite good. I asked if Tamarind items were available due to the cruise being from Hong Kong to Tokyo and we were told that all ships PG kitchens were being trained to prepare Tamarind items.

I started off with an appetizer of satay. We then shared a salmon and tuna sushi roll which was some of the best sushi I have ever had. For my entree, I had the special of the day which was a wok fried lobster tail over jasmine rice. Finished off with a dessert of Tamarind chocolate. This was one of the best Asian influenced meals I have ever had. Enjoy!

Thanks so much for posting that menu!

I definitely want to do Tamarind when we are onboard.

All the comments sound just excellent!

We might go back more than once.

But, can any of you tell me what dishes we might like to order, if we like 'Americanized' asian foods.

I don't think I am into the more pungent ginger and tamarind.

I like spicy, but not hot. We like the flavor but don't want our mouths on fire!

I have heard about the spicy shrimp, might not be too hot?

The sea bass or barramundi might be really good. (if it is the good barramundi, not the farm raised fish that can be called barramundi)

Plenty of flavor, like soy, sweet, garlic, is good!!!! Just not to too hot or pungent.

...We like the flavor but don't want our mouths on fire!

I would suspect that you could order anything and that your server will inquire regarding hot hot or mild you would prefer. I recall we were asked. You might also just say that you're worried about it being too spicy and get suggestions. In my experience the service in Tamarind on both the Eurodam and Koningsdam was excellent - this included advice on the menu offerings.

For the record...

About halfway through, my DW found an ...overspiced spot on her Wasabi Beef.

You can order that with the wasabi on the side ... or omitted entirely. Still an excellent piece of beef.

Actually, it's currently $25 pp as I noted in post #13 above (still worth every penny)! ;):)
Sorry - didn't see your 9:53 post before entering my 9:54 one.

> About halfway through, my DW found an ...overspiced spot on her Wasabi Beef.

You can order that with the wasabi on the side ... or omitted entirely. Still an excellent piece of beef.

Yep. Excellent piece of beef, and she was enjoying it until she hit the big lump of pure wasabi.