obnoxious neighbors

purplethorn

You have a name that could go either way. If you were referred to as a "he" and happened to be a "she", you might get upset. And vice versa. Which word would better suit you?

IMO, the question is, "why does it matter?"

I have friends who are Trans... why make a big deal of it. They are human beings, and in my experience, they are wonderful people. 'nough said, let it go.

IMO, the question is, "why does it matter?"

I have friends who are Trans... why make a big deal of it. They are human beings, and in my experience, they are wonderful people. 'nough said, let it go.

I am not a he/she.

It doesn't matter to me in the least, and I fail to see how my comment could be construed as "making a big deal out of it".

ChrisLordsNCL made it clear they are not a he/she, and I just tried to explain why the proper pronoun wasn't being used by others. As over 95% of Americans identify as either male or female, it's natural to try and apply the correct pronoun.

As you said, 'nough said, let it go.

Epic spa haven suites have no table in the room at all. We were told by our butler to leave the trays outside the room (she was a pretty bad butler though, she could have been wrong). No way was I leaving them on the bed. Our row of Haven rooms had several trays outside. However, this would have been the least of anyon’s worries in trying to get down the hall. There were several rooms with scooters parked outside the room in the hall all night. Being able bodied, I even had a hard time passing them. I don’t think this is allowed, but NCL did nothing about it, there were at least two in our hall every night.

I agree that personal music speakers should not be allowed. Everyone thinks their playlists are the best......wrong. I know you will not like my music and I will certainly not like yours. Apple makes air pods, invest in a couple sets. Besides, if you are on your balcony the best music is the sound of the waves, nothing else needed.

It appears I'm going to be adding to my ignore list soon. We seem to have a new poster who has joined to be obstinate & difficult...

I am with you. I have never used the ignore list before, but I am going to use it right now. I found it yesterday. Done.

I think the mods picked up on it because yesterday this thread got a lot shorter. (I think it was this one)

There are plenty of nice helpful folks on CC. I have learned a lot and for the most part enjoyed interacting with them.

I avoid negative people in my life and I sure don't need to be subjected to them on these forums. Thanks for the Ignore List CC!

Edited by Seminole1975

Epic spa haven suites have no table in the room at all. We were told by our butler to leave the trays outside the room (she was a pretty bad butler though, she could have been wrong). No way was I leaving them on the bed. Our row of Haven rooms had several trays outside. However, this would have been the least of anyon’s worries in trying to get down the hall. There were several rooms with scooters parked outside the room in the hall all night. Being able bodied, I even had a hard time passing them. I don’t think this is allowed, but NCL did nothing about it, there were at least two in our hall every night.

I agree that personal music speakers should not be allowed. Everyone thinks their playlists are the best......wrong. I know you will not like my music and I will certainly not like yours. Apple makes air pods, invest in a couple sets. Besides, if you are on your balcony the best music is the sound of the waves, nothing else needed.

Are wireless speakers allowed in any of the inside lounges? That would be annoying.

I am with you. I have never used the ignore list before, but I am going to use it right now. I found it yesterday. Done.

I think the mods picked up on it because yesterday this thread got a lot shorter. (I think it was this one)

There are plenty of nice helpful folks on CC. I have learned a lot and for the most part enjoyed interacting with them.

I avoid negative people in my life and I sure don't need to be subjected to them on these forums. Thanks for the Ignore List CC!

It's a great option, isn't it?

I don’t know if it’s some magnetic pull of the poles or what :o but there have been a lot of contrary, mean posts all over the boards lately. There was a thread on concierges that I really had enjoyed and when I went to check a post that I made in response to a very nice post to me, I found that the entire thread was gone! But there had been a few people bickering in the thread toward the end and then the too often present S-stirrer! I am unclear why it had to be removed entirely to be honest, and wrote to ask but didn’t hear back, but I really didn’t have much doubt as to why. It seems odd that there could be this many angry, argumentative adults, but clearly they are out there and apparently a good number of them cruise! :rolleyes:

Which pronoun would you prefer someone use in that situation? I often use "s/he". Would you comment to me that you aren't a "s/he"?

I don’t ever post unpleasant comments about anyone but I would now like to say please let’s ignore ‘IT’! Whatever gender ‘IT’ is (which really doesn’t matter to me). IT’ has been nothing but unpleasant since ‘IT’ joined Cruise Critic. I’m sure I am not the only one that dislikes that CC has become so nasty and rude at times that I want to delete my account. I only choose not to because of the great people I have met thru CC and the help and information I have gained from it. What a pity!

Once, instead of our standard balcony cabin, I booked a larger balcony on the Getaway. I had been so excited about the bigger balcony, and looking forward to stretching out on the lounger and reading as I watched the ocean go by.

However, I discovered that having a larger balcony also means a larger balcony for my neighbor, and a larger balcony invites a bigger group. My neighbors invited all their family members to share their balcony (understandable), but that meant really loud people playing loud music and having a little party. So much for quiet. It was so disappointing.

Another time, we had loud fighting next door, with crying and loud sounds like things being thrown around. We called security and then things were quiet.

I don’t ever post unpleasant comments about anyone but I would now like to say please let’s ignore ‘IT’! Whatever gender ‘IT’ is (which really doesn’t matter to me). IT’ has been nothing but unpleasant since ‘IT’ joined Cruise Critic. I’m sure I am not the only one that dislikes that CC has become so nasty and rude at times that I want to delete my account. I only choose not to because of the great people I have met thru CC and the help and information I have gained from it. What a pity!

I too have been somewhat disheartened by the tone of CC lately but when I think about it, it has just been a couple of obnoxious people.

Well if we all "ignore" IT then he/she will be talking to him or her/self!

I see you are cruising in a couple days! Have a great cruise!!

Well if we all ignore IT then he/she will be talking to him or her/self! I too have been a little disheartened by the tone CC has been taking. I too have met some great people thru CC and hope things get better.

I see you are cruising in a couple days! Have a great cruise!!

Thank you so much. Yes I will be flying tomorrow to join the great friends I have met on Cruise Critic especially CUontheC. We actually went to meet them (Mary & Randy) in Cleveland (we live in New York) this past July. It turned out to be the best time of our lives. We felt like we knew them forever and so looking forward to seeing them again. I am also in touch with our new friends from Bermuda (Sandra & Leroy) who we will meet in Seattle tomorrow for a get together. I love the fact that we can meet people we have never met before but feel so close to them by the time of the cruise. I really hope that people on Cruise Critic really become a family instead of all this bickering and condescending attitudes that some have adopted.

Thank you so much. Yes I will be flying tomorrow to join the great friends I have met on Cruise Critic especially CUontheC. We actually went to meet them (Mary & Randy) in Cleveland (we live in New York) this past July. It turned out to be the best time of our lives. We felt like we knew them forever and so looking forward to seeing them again. I am also in touch with our new friends from Bermuda (Sandra & Leroy) who we will meet in Seattle tomorrow for a get together. I love the fact that we can meet people we have never met before but feel so close to them by the time of the cruise. I really hope that people on Cruise Critic really become a family instead of all this bickering and condescending attitudes that some have adopted.

Can we all agree to use the ignore list?

Can we all agree to use the ignore list?

Sorry… we will have to agree to disagree. I don’t have an ignore button that I can engage on a cruise either. To my take, we as a community need to police ourselves.

If there is a poster that is out of line rude to someone, then we as a community need to report the poster. Even if they come back withanother screen name again and again.

There are just mean spited people out there, some that know it, some that don’t. And of course there are always the Trolls.

Sorry… we will have to agree to disagree. I don’t have an ignore button that I can engage on a cruise either. To my take, we as a community need to police ourselves.

If there is a poster that is out of line rude to someone, then we as a community need to report the poster. Even if they come back withanother screen name again and again.

There are just mean spited people out there, some that know it, some that don’t. And of course there are always the Trolls.

Nevermind. It's not worth it...

I will report AND ignore. I did not use the blue triangle this time. I should have. Some of these posters lately, I just do not want to "hear" what they have to say. They have the option of ignoring me as well. I ultimately think it is the moderators who are responsible for maintaining order on these forums. I really enjoy CC and am not going to let a few people ruin it for me personally.

I have been lucky on our cruises. I have only met nice people. If I do encounter someone obnoxious, disruptive, rude, aggressive- whatever, on a cruise, I do have the option of ignoring them by walking away and disengaging. Don't give them attention for negative behaviors!

If they are my "neighbor", I can report to guest services or security depending on the circumstances. I might also try that sticky note and leave them a polite message. I really hope that I do not get in that situation. Just my two cents worth.

Edited by Seminole1975