Eclipse Grand Buffet (last sea day) from last week

ghstudio

Yes, that's a whole suckling pig and pictures of the dessert buffet. Impressive.

Wait !!!!! Are those small dessert forks I see by the cakes ?? I was on Eclipse in May/June so a couple of months ago.....and couldn't find any small forks for our entire 11 night cruise...just spoons. I don't want to eat my cake with a spoon :eek:

I'm a long time RCI D+ cruiser and this was my first X cruise......Sorry but the Oceanview Cafe was the only reason that I would go back on X for...and loved that part of the buffet was open late at night.

Just a question...We had the included drink package with our Aqua Class (A1) category and would get a Coca Cola from the bar in the buffet, no fountain coke just cans offered and we found the taste of them to be strange (noticed they were from South Africa) and certainly didn't taste like the usual cans of coke we have gotten world wide...just a funny after taste...Having them bottled in South Africa (the writing on the can said) was this just because of our itinerary Ireland, Iceland & Scotland or is this the provider regardless of where the ship is ??

Sorry to get off topic...just wondering about this.

Is that all the time on last day? We are on the Reflection 14 day in December. Will they have that? Never knew. I’ve been on the 14 day Eclipse sailings but never knew about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is that all the time on last day? We are on the Reflection 14 day in December. Will they have that? Never knew. I’ve been on the 14 day Eclipse sailings but never knew about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Celebrity doesn't feature it in the daily events...you have to look at the restaurant hours to find that this special even exists. You ship probably had some version, but you probably didn't go to the buffet for lunch that day.

Note: ice sculptures apparently don't meet the health code (at least that what they told me)...the alternative is that whole fish display in one of the pictures.

We had the included drink package with our Aqua Class (A1) category and would get a Coca Cola from the bar in the buffet, no fountain coke just cans offered and we found the taste of them to be strange (noticed they were from South Africa) and certainly didn't taste like the usual cans of coke we have gotten world wide...just a funny after taste...Having them bottled in South Africa (the writing on the can said) was this just because of our itinerary Ireland, Iceland & Scotland or is this the provider regardless of where the ship is ??

I think they take on product where they are cruising and Coke/diet Coke do taste different dependant on the local market where they are bottled/canned. The UK product tastes different from that sold in most of Southern Europe and the Canaries, as does the Mexican version. No idea how the Eclipse had South African product.

Thanks for posting...all nice shots.

From the title of the thread, I actually thought the "Grand Buffet" was back either for lunch, brunch or evening.

Disappointing that it's in the cafeteria buffet. But food looks nice.