Cruising after Brexit.

emam

So as we pay the same tariffs when roaming in the EU as we do at home, why on earth would you expect the same when we leave? It's an EU law, that we benefit from while we are members. Can't pick and chose the bits we want and don't want.

Did you read my comment #23? I have travelled around the world using 3 at home, Europe is just another part of the world! We have called home and used data from our contract in places as diverse as Sri Lanka, Australia, South America and USA as well as throughout Europe using 3 at home, The EU are not in a position to stop 3 or Vodaphone users having this option in Europe so it will continue! 3 are a world wide company (as are Vodaphone) and are in a position to be able to either offer extensions of your contract on their world wide partner networks, or negotiate bilateral agreements with other networks to their users. Brexit will not affect this as they are not @blessed EU' offers, they are deemed to be sound marketing. If other companies are not in a position to offer continuation because they can't negotiate deals with other networks then the market will determine who will win the share dominance battle. Simple business practice - clever marketing advantage by these two companies.

Sorry but there is no thing as a Schengen visa....

Where and how to apply

You must lodge the application for a Schengen visa at the Consulate of the country that you intend to visit, or – if you intend to visit more than one Schengen State, the Consulate of the country where you will spend the longest period.

If you intend to visit several Schengen States and the stays will be of equal length, you must apply at the Consulate of the country whose external borders you will cross first when entering the Schengen area.

As a general rule, you must apply for a visa at the Consulate with territorial competence for the country in which you legally reside. If you have doubts about this, e.g. there is no Consulate of the Schengen State that you intend to visit in the country where you reside, you should contact the central authorities (Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Immigration Office)of that country. There you can get information on whether that Schengen State is represented by another in the country where you reside.

Bow Locks

Sorry but there is no thing as a Schengen visa....

Where and how to apply

You must lodge the application for a Schengen visa ..................

I don't see what you are getting at as you seem to contradict yourself. If it's not a Schengen visa what is it?

Brian

You don't need a paid for visa from whatever country you come from to enter the EU Schengen zone, that is my point. I just paid $14 to enter the USA on an ESTA next month which really doesn't bother me.

You don't need a paid for visa from whatever country you come from to enter the EU Schengen zone, that is my point. I just paid $14 to enter the USA on an ESTA next month which really doesn't bother me.

If you are a resident of certain countries where a Schengen visa is required there is a fee of up to €60 to be paid.

https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/borders-and-visas/visa-policy/required_documents_en

UK residents do not need a visa at the moment and this is unlikely to change after Brexit as there are many other countries outside the EU who do not require a visa.

However the EU are currently debating whether to introduce an ESTA style visa so things may change.

Brian

We will have frictionless disembarkation at every port so the locals can trade goods for our highly valued pounds. The locals will welcome us admiringly as free men and women while they are still slaves to Brussels. We will not need travel insurance as we will all be so well and healthy since the NHS has had an extra £350 million a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will have frictionless disembarkation at every port so the locals can trade goods for our highly valued pounds. The locals will welcome us admiringly as free men and women while they are still slaves to Brussels. We will not need travel insurance as we will all be so well and healthy since the NHS has had an extra £350 million a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the additional information Boris ;):D

Bee-ess, that sounds great!

If travel insurance is going to cost more, then the insurance you get on your credit card would be useful too. But the credit card charge (which can be quite an amount on a cruise fare) could be re-introduced.

So for those who don't think there will be a travel issue after Brexit, have you tried to renew your passport recently? Since Monday you can not carry over validity of any remaining months. Until 10 Sept you could carry over validity up to 9 months, not any more. This is regarding to a no deal Brexit and Schengen area travel requirements for which you need a passport issued within the last 10 years, not 10 years and a bit. To clarify if we leave without a deal, we will then be subject to Schengen third country national border rules, and they stipulate the 10 year passport rule.

So for those who don't think there will be a travel issue after Brexit, have you tried to renew your passport recently? Since Monday you can not carry over validity of any remaining months. Until 10 Sept you could carry over validity up to 9 months, not any more. This is regarding to a no deal Brexit and Schengen area travel requirements for which you need a passport issued within the last 10 years, not 10 years and a bit. To clarify if we leave without a deal, we will then be subject to Schengen third country national border rules, and they stipulate the 10 year passport rule.

And in adddition Yesterday in the news:

The government says that after March 2019 "your driving licence may no longer be valid by itself" in the EU

A permit will be needed , more added beurocracy and cost, not less.

.... and that really isn't a problem is it?

• Like 1

.... and that really isn't a problem is it?

Yes it is. Some countries require you to have 6 months left on your passport to enter the country. Therefore instead of renewing your passport every 10 years many people will have to do it every 9 to ensure they have a valid passport in their hands. Same goes for having to get another driving license. Some people thought that leaving the EU would mean less requirement to go along with their regulations. Would appear so far it just means more complications rather than less.

Yes it is. Some countries require you to have 6 months left on your passport to enter the country. Therefore instead of renewing your passport every 10 years many people will have to do it every 9 to ensure they have a valid passport in their hands. Same goes for having to get another driving license. Some people thought that leaving the EU would mean less requirement to go along with their regulations. Would appear so far it just means more complications rather than less.

Try getting on a cruise without 6 months left on your passport, wont happen.

I thought that was a dead parrot?

Naa, that was Scandinavius caeruleum mortis (or Norwegian Blue).

My comment related to the time where you used to get a wide range of cheeses (often local to the last port) after dinner in MDR. If you asked a waiter the identity of an a cheese and he didn’t know the answer he often replied ‘I think it’s London Blue, Sir. ‘

We often wondered if the were trained in that answer was the waiters’ joke or if they had been trained to say it.