Princess Bedding

travelgal09

Just returned from 3 weeks on Sapphire Princess. Best sleep ever! Has anyone purchased (or know of anyone who has purchased) the mattress and bedding that Princess offers on their site princess.com/sleep?

We have purchased two feather pillows from that site. Love them!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For those interested, here is the link to purchase the Princess luxury bed .

https://shop.princessluxurybed.com/catalog/product/view/id/1004/s/princess-luxury-bed-select/category/229/

I hunted down a bed from a luxury hotel chain, paid about a thousand more than princess and have NEVER regretted one night of the fabulous sleep I get. I love my bed.

If you loved it, buy it.

Edited by lolane1
addition

Are those beds on all of the ships now?

The last I had heard on CC is that they are still changing beds out for the newer mattresses. We were on the Emerald this past spring and our cabin had the new mattresses. I have heard that some ships have only been partially upgraded. I imagine it is a supply issue.

You might ask about a particular ship to get a better answer.

Yes, it is disappointing that the Regal is still without new mattresses!

We will be boarding later this year.

I wish they had a whole warehouse of them waiting for the Regal when she is back at FLL.

I am actually thinking about bringing a nice topper, which might mean paying to check it on the flight.

Are those beds on all of the ships now?

*The Princess Luxury Bed is now available on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess, Coral Princess, Sun Princess, Grand Princess, Caribbean Princess, Majestic Princess, Pacific Princess, Golden Princess, Sea Princess, Star Princess, Island Princess, Sapphire Princess, Crown Princess and Diamond Princess. And will debut on Royal Princess & Regal Princess in 2019. Please note this schedule is subject to change.

Full Suite and Club Class guests receive priority rollout of The Princess Luxury Bed. See Club Class schedule for details.

For those interested, here is the link to purchase the Princess luxury bed .

https://shop.princessluxurybed.com/catalog/product/view/id/1004/s/princess-luxury-bed-select/category/229/

I hunted down a bed from a luxury hotel chain, paid about a thousand more than princess and have NEVER regretted one night of the fabulous sleep I get. I love my bed.

If you loved it, buy it.

I've not cruised yet but this is a great gift idea for Cindy. Much appreciated.

Yes, I have seen that schedule.

We had the new mattress on the Coral, years ago!

Schedule or not... IMHO, it was just nothing other than a 'save a few bucks" very misguided decision to leave these two relatively new ships without what I would consider to be acceptable mattresses....

I had hoped that by now Princess might be going ahead of schedule and bringing these new mattresses onboard.

Sadly, no such luck!!!

Sailed 9/15 on the Crown and I did not notice much difference in the bed - other than no big dip in the middle.

Not enough support for me and I could only get comfortable facing one direction over the other due to previous break in.....:(

Just a thought.... it seems like I hear many good reports on these mattresses, when they are new.

But, wonder if they are not holding up well after break-in.

We have a Beauty Rest BLACK that we have slept on for quite some time now, (3 years???) and it is really nice, and has held up really well.

So...who is the manufacturer?

Sherwood Bedding, based in Orlando, FL makes the luxury mattresses for Princess and HAL.

Sherwood manufactures many brands. We chose Hampton and Rhodes which is carried by Mattress Firm. We showed our sales rep the below image from the luxury bed's website and he was able to find us something similar, if not better, at a much better price.

It's considered a hybrid mattress due to it's combination of springs and foam.

Screen-Shot-2018-07-09-at-9.51.40-AM.png

*The Princess Luxury Bed is now available on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess, Coral Princess, Sun Princess, Grand Princess, Caribbean Princess, Majestic Princess, Pacific Princess, Golden Princess, Sea Princess, Star Princess, Island Princess, Sapphire Princess, Crown Princess and Diamond Princess. And will debut on Royal Princess & Regal Princess in 2019. Please note this schedule is subject to change.

Full Suite and Club Class guests receive priority rollout of The Princess Luxury Bed. See Club Class schedule for details.

Thanks this was very helpful!

Just returned from 3 weeks on Sapphire Princess. Best sleep ever! Has anyone purchased (or know of anyone who has purchased) the mattress and bedding that Princess offers on their site princess.com/sleep?

We bought the king sized bed with all the bedding. Mattress pad, cover, sheets, duvet and the non feather pillows. We’ve had it since November 2017 and it’s still just wonderfully comfy. Love it.

Very disappointed to hear the bedding on the Regal has not been replaced

We were on this ship in April and it was ready then to be replaced.

Next week we are on again out of New York and no new bedding,

Unbelievable and Sad

I agree.

Don't know how Princess has managed to ignore the basic premise that a decent bed should be one of the biggest priorities of any so called 'upscale', 'nice', 'reputable, hospitality business.

And after the history with their so-called 'beds'... they actually use the slogan COME BACK NEW... like rested and renewed.

It isn't just unbelievable and sad... It is just shameful.

Princess should be ashamed.