Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Crew News

New Club Orange

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

If I can’t work out this CC site, I will at least send pictures to Kazu, and ask her to post them!

And I will, Ann 😄

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I'm the "odd man out" here.  It seems a bit high but I like priority boarding and disembarking, but mainly I like the idea of private dining with an extended menu.  Eating in the speciality restaurants is something we do a lot of so perhaps this could take the place of paying the extra money for those venues.

 

I called twice to get more details of the "upgrade" but all I got was "I think so", "I don't think so", and "I don't know".  It seems strange that HAL would promote a program and forget to tell the reps the details.  I guess I will wait a while and try again.

 

Obviously, this isn't for everyone, we all have different priorities and likes, but we may give it a try...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 5:18 PM, ellieanne said:

 

Why is a Suites-Only dissing area missing from Holland America? Why does HAL need to follow the other cruise lines in making more and more exclusive areas?

Bolding mine.

 

Gotta love spell check!

Edited by TiogaCruiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, st.zoomer said:

I called twice to get more details of the "upgrade" but all I got was "I think so", "I don't think so", and "I don't know".  It seems strange that HAL would promote a program and forget to tell the reps the details.  I guess I will wait a while and try again.

 

The representatives in Seattle are usually the last to receive information, IMO.  So many times, here on these threads, we've wondered about some new idea/program/ship.  Some of us have called corporate to get information, only to discover they're more in the dark than we are.  Recently CC released information about NS that employees in Seattle did have a clue about or gave erroneous information on the subject.  Good luck trying to learn anything about CO.  Most of us will have to wait for details from a CC member to post after a cruise.  Sad, but true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as a new 5* I don't see any advantage to this program. I guess it was an other bean counter idea that will disappear quite quickly. Hal has a quality product and changing it turns off the many Mariners who keep sailing. When it ain't broke, don't fix it and charge a lot for something it doesn't need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of Celebrity cruisers pay big money for the upgraded suite benefits.  Changing the smoking policy and offering more with the suites is a no-brainer to attract the same demographic.  If they can keep it at a lower price point than X, it will likely pay dividends.  The current complaint about Celebrity is their sky-high prices.  I'm sure some of that came about with this investment in suite benefits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We pay for a suite and still like the fact they can add more benefits. MDR is just fine, like the Pinnacle for bfast, but last cruise ate Bfast there our first morning and our last, but enjoy the benefit. I fail to see how this "paid for" or suite benefit somehow depresses the 5* benefits. If the permit 50 more people to get priority boarding etc. who cares? If it gives HAL more $$ and they keep prices lower at someone else's expense, it's better for those that don't pay for the extras they get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 10:20 PM, DeeniEncinitas said:

For what it is worth IMO, I am a long time HAL cruiser with a Big deal 4 Star Status. I cruise HAL for the ports! BUT........WE WILL BE CRUISING ON OCEANIA AND IT IS FAR MORE SUPERIOR WITH PERKS THAN THE EXTRA $50.00 per person a day for Club Orange !! We get alot

more with Oceania for our TA to The Med!!

we had to take Oceania for our TA because after our cruise on The Rotterdam doing the Panama Canal HAL has no TA at all. So it was a pleasing that Oceania had one a couple days later in Miami! This cruise is 2020!

Denise😊

 

 

You bring up an interesting point.  The extra charge of Club Orange could very well motivate cruisers to seek alternatives.  We recently cancelled a Norway cruise as the per diem cost was way too high for what I am willing to pay on HAL.  As all these add-ons start to increase per diem costs, we will be inclined to look elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cbr663 said:

 

You bring up an interesting point.  The extra charge of Club Orange could very well motivate cruisers to seek alternatives.  We recently cancelled a Norway cruise as the per diem cost was way too high for what I am willing to pay on HAL.  As all these add-ons start to increase per diem costs, we will be inclined to look elsewhere.

But this is an option, not requirement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

But this is an option, not requirement. 

It's an option only until the general cruise experience deteriorates to the point that you can't stand being treated like "steerage class". 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, wombatKY said:

It's an option only until the general cruise experience deteriorates to the point that you can't stand being treated like "steerage class". 

 

The "general cruise line experience" deteriorates because the cruise lines are trying to provide what many of their clienteles desires, a cruise at the lowest possible cost.  Suites Only exclusive areas allow the cruise lines to provide an upscale experience to those who are willing to pay for it while also providing the lowest possible experience for those who prefer that experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

If this allows CCL to keep the dividend at its current rate or go higher I'm good with this program.

 

No dividends that matter but the rate of earnings growth.  I'm not sure what it is but given the huge boost in stock valuation the as few years, it'd appear "the market" is expecting CCL's earnings growth to continue at an accelerated rate.  The moment the market sees earnings growth rate drop, share prices will come down (you'll see that in growth stocks the moment earnings aren't as good as expected).  Hence the continued pressure to find any profit-generating revenue such as Club Orange (revenue in general may not be (high) profit generating - such as in "we lose money on each one we sell but we'll make it up in volume).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2018 at 2:47 PM, SeaBands said:

as a new 5* I don't see any advantage to this program. I guess it was an other bean counter idea that will disappear quite quickly. Hal has a quality product and changing it turns off the many Mariners who keep sailing. When it ain't broke, don't fix it and charge a lot for something it doesn't need.

 

I doubt that it will disappear quickly but time will tell 😉

 

the disadvantage to 4 and 5* Mariners and those in Neptune Suites (PS has their own lineup) is that the "priority embarkation" which can already be a massive lineup will grow even longer.  I suspect more and more of us will decide to go in the 'regular' line.  I've done that already. 😉

 

the Priority Tendering (which doesn't truly exist on ships where there are a lot of 4 and 5* Mariners) will become less and less.  

 

The Suite breakfast will have additional people so those that have paid for a suite may well find their experience diluted if there are too many people to give good service to.

 

I have no problem if people want to pay for these added benefits, but if HAL isn't prepared to staff things properly to handle it, then everyone's level of service will be less.  Those that are paying for it and those that have earned it by their spending dollars.  JMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kazu said:

 

I doubt that it will disappear quickly but time will tell 😉

 

the disadvantage to 4 and 5* Mariners and those in Neptune Suites (PS has their own lineup) is that the "priority embarkation" which can already be a massive lineup will grow even longer.  I suspect more and more of us will decide to go in the 'regular' line.  I've done that already. 😉

 

the Priority Tendering (which doesn't truly exist on ships where there are a lot of 4 and 5* Mariners) will become less and less.  

 

The Suite breakfast will have additional people so those that have paid for a suite may well find their experience diluted if there are too many people to give good service to.

 

I have no problem if people want to pay for these added benefits, but if HAL is prepared to staff things properly to handle it, then everyone's level of service will be less.  Those that are paying for it and those that have earned it by their spending dollars.  JMO.

I simply don't see these issues.

Consider this.  First, seating is limited in the Culinary Arts Center which is being repurposed as Club Orange.  HAL must provide seating there for all the current Suites passengers. How many seats would that leave for those paying for Club Orange?  Twenty, perhaps thirty at most.  Do you really think 20 or 30 more passenger is going to severely affect the priority embarkation? 

 

I've seen comments that often half the passengers are four/five star mariners.  If you really think there are too many qualifying for priority embarkation, then the problem solution isn't complaining about Club Orange.  A true solution would require rationing.  Perhaps limiting priority embarkation to the top 100 cruise day passengers regardless of mariner status.  Or, maybe only five stars.

 

HAL doesn't seem to have problems providing adequate service to those attending the Culinary Arts so it's rather doubtful that Suites breakfast would suffer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I simply don't see these issues.

Consider this.  First, seating is limited in the Culinary Arts Center which is being repurposed as Club Orange.  HAL must provide seating there for all the current Suites passengers. How many seats would that leave for those paying for Club Orange?  Twenty, perhaps thirty at most.  Do you really think 20 or 30 more passenger is going to severely affect the priority embarkation? 

 

I've seen comments that often half the passengers are four/five star mariners.  If you really think there are too many qualifying for priority embarkation, then the problem solution isn't complaining about Club Orange.  A true solution would require rationing.  Perhaps limiting priority embarkation to the top 100 cruise day passengers regardless of mariner status.  Or, maybe only five stars.

 

HAL doesn't seem to have problems providing adequate service to those attending the Culinary Arts so it's rather doubtful that Suites breakfast would suffer.

 

Hmm I'm not sure on the Culinary Arts Centre.

 

Here's my take - if there are 5 waiters (I'm just picking a number) that were serving Suite passengers before and the number is not increased, then yes, I think the service will decline.  I've seen disembarkation day in the PG when everyone comes in at the same time.  (We just come back)

My point is that if that there can be many already qualifying for priority embarkation and tendering then adding to the number will not give anyone priority.  Especially those that paid for it.  If they don't increase the desks serving those passengers, there's no priority.  If they don't put out an extra tender to accommodate, there's no priority.  It's simple to me, but I've been on a ship where there were 400 4 and 5* Mariners and since the ship just carried a bit over 800,  1/2 the ship was "priority".

 

I guess we will just agree to disagree.  I realize Club Orange is supposed to be capacity controlled, but if there is a dollar to be made......

Anyways, time will tell.  I will be very happy if I am wrong 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kazu said:

My point is that if that there can be many already qualifying for priority embarkation and tendering then adding to the number will not give anyone priority.  Especially those that paid for it.  If they don't increase the desks serving those passengers, there's no priority.  If they don't put out an extra tender to accommodate, there's no priority.  It's simple to me, but I've been on a ship where there were 400 4 and 5* Mariners and since the ship just carried a bit over 800,  1/2 the ship was "priority".

 

I guess we will just agree to disagree.  I realize Club Orange is supposed to be capacity controlled, but if there is a dollar to be made......

I agree that adding more priority passengers won't help the problem but you do see the problem really isn't the additional passengers being added, it is the number who already qualify for priority.  If you want to solve this problem, you'll need to cull the herd by limiting access by four/five star mariners.  I know that is heresy for the high status mariners but the truth is the truth.

 

BTW, I do admit that I might be mistaken.  I may be assuming something that may not be true.  The press releases have stated that Suites will have access but I don't think I've seen anything that says Suites Only Breakfast in the Pinnacle is going away.  HAL maybe planning on Suites having access to Breakfast in the Pinnacle as well as in Club Orange.  After all, Suites now have Breakfast in the PG as well as in the MDR.    This would also allow HAL to sell more Club Orange seats.  But, even if that's true, Club Orange access is still going to be limited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I agree that adding more priority passengers won't help the problem but you do see the problem really isn't the additional passengers being added, it is the number who already qualify for priority.  If you want to solve this problem, you'll need to cull the herd by limiting access by four/five star mariners.  I know that is heresy for the high status mariners but the truth is the truth.

 

BTW, I do admit that I might be mistaken.  I may be assuming something that may not be true.  The press releases have stated that Suites will have access but I don't think I've seen anything that says Suites Only Breakfast in the Pinnacle is going away.  HAL maybe planning on Suites having access to Breakfast in the Pinnacle as well as in Club Orange.  After all, Suites now have Breakfast in the PG as well as in the MDR.    This would also allow HAL to sell more Club Orange seats.  But, even if that's true, Club Orange access is still going to be limited.

 

LOL - if the problem is who already qualify for priority is the issue, then, I'm sorry, but adding more increases the issue.

 

If you are going to cut the herd, what do you do with those that paid for the privilege?  Here's the conundrum.  Do you cut a passenger who earned their status by spending $ on board or the person who is just paying?

 

I'd have no problem with that idea actually as long as we knew in advance on sailings where we stood.

 

But I do think there's a big issue with that idea on who to cut?  The one who has spent oodles of dollars sailing HAL and achieved 4 or 5* status or the one who decided to spend money on the upsell for benefits.?

 

time will tell 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kazu said:

 

LOL - if the problem is who already qualify for priority is the issue, then, I'm sorry, but adding more increases the issue.

 

If you are going to cut the herd, what do you do with those that paid for the privilege?  Here's the conundrum.  Do you cut a passenger who earned their status by spending $ on board or the person who is just paying?

 

I'd have no problem with that idea actually as long as we knew in advance on sailings where we stood.

 

But I do think there's a big issue with that idea on who to cut?  The one who has spent oodles of dollars sailing HAL and achieved 4 or 5* status or the one who decided to spend money on the upsell for benefits.?

 

time will tell 😉

Perhaps HAL intends to issue two types of priorities.  Four/Five Star go first.  Followed by Club Orange.  Or, even five's first, fours second, orange third.

Sometimes it's not how much you've spent, it's how much you will spend in the future that counts.  All the loyalty programs are suffering from too many loyal customers.  The airlines are cutting back loyalty privileges so it can happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Perhaps HAL intends to issue two types of priorities.  Four/Five Star go first.  Followed by Club Orange.  Or, even five's first, fours second, orange third.

 

And then where would the Neptune Suite pax get in line?   :classic_blink:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I was wondering, if Club Orange is the room to go to for breakfast, what will they use the Pinnacle for at breakfast time? 

 

And I bet they move Club Orange across the way from where the CAC was, so it has windows, and then the hallway to the MDR will just have two solid walls.  Captain Albert is in Mestre now, to join the NS.  Perhaps he will tell us about it.  

 

I think I am going to have to stalk someone with an orange tote bag and ask questions, perhaps get them to take pictures for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2018 at 1:41 PM, DeeniEncinitas said:

Well said SeaBands!!! I could not of said it any better!! So many changes since Ashford has been onboard!! 

Denise😊

 

Gotta give Ashford credit when credit is due for the new EXC InDepth high enrichment and unusual itinerary offerings on the Maasdam - that is a terrific change for the better.  Bravo Orlando

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...