Poor rccl customer service

Pigsaudit

16 hours ago, Pigsaudit said:

The purpose of my post is 2 points:;  1. to hopefully have RCCL reps see this and see how dissatisfied/disappointed there customer is (it would not be hard to figure out who I am) and 2. Direct vacationers to other cruise lines that "take care of there customers".  For a service industry I was applauded of thier lack of concern and the blame they put on me (THE CUSTOMER ).. apparently  it was my fault their security personnel didn't do anything.  They are lucky that I am a trained *** *** ********* and was able to take my wife and children out of a situations that could have been bad. ..   (and for you sarcastic people, yes its good to be trained in combat, thanks for your tax contributions).

you were combat fighting unruly kids who were smoking marijuana and making animal noises?

5 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

I’ve seen similar complaints about this group on the NCL board, for this particular week. Unfortunately, I don’t think the ships are staffed to deal with these situations, since they are not the norm.

Agree. As said this week and on other cruise lines has been talked about in past years. Sometimes similar to Cruising during Spring Break, sometimes worse...

I have seen similar posts in the past on the NCL board. They were very descriptive and ended up getting poored from CC.

Because of this group and other disruptive charters, members started an ongoing spread sheet tracking all known charters for easy reference.

i am sorry for anyone who has an unpleasant cruise. 

29 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

It costs a lot of money to make the kitchens kosher and have only kosher meals.

Not that much. 🤔

Not full charter anyway is it.

I can, but won't, book that voyage for $2,645 total in an OV balcony.  I could then request a Kosher meal,  correct?  That price is $2,470 total with my applicable discounts.  

Plus my TA will throw in tips and some OBC. 

Edited by John&LaLa

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

With 12 different flavors of Oreos.  😄

Are there 12 different flavours? I think I would stand at the buffet for ages trying to choose as I am sure we don't have that much choice this side of the pond.

1 minute ago, Redrobo said:

Are there 12 different flavours? I think I would stand at the buffet for ages trying to choose as I am sure we don't have that much choice this side of the pond.

Between thickness, stuffing, coating, and flavors, I'm sure there are more than 12 choices

I'm going to reply to this post, because if it was the Koshrika group he is talking about then I know exactly how horrendous his cruise was.  

We unfortunately were on a cruise with them on Oasis and it was beyond doubt the worst cruise in the 40+ cruises we have ever taken.  This group commanded every aspect of the cruise and don't even try and tell me just go with the flow.  When you are in the dining room and the apparent group leader knocks the plate out of a servers hand and shouts, that's not how you serve me.  When kids are running rampant through out the ship night and day and screaming and shouting, jumping in and out of the little pools in the solarium, that is to be adult only and the crew is being shouted at to leave them alone.  When they are bringing loads of books and placing them on all the table in the schooner lounge and then laying down and sleeping on the sofas and chairs there.  When several areas are closed down only for their admission, when they are constantly screaming at the crew for some issue.

I should write a book about this horrendous cruise, I cannot express highly enough how terrible they treated the crew.  In all my years I have never witnessed anything so unmannerly or disrespectful as this large group of persons.  We will NEVER cruise again with this group if there is any way to know in advance.  When there is a group that is is horrible, they should be made to hire their own boat and have their own servers that they can treat like servants.  

If you ever see this group is booked on a cruise you want to take, DON'T DO IT!  They have an excellent reputation as the worst 

group you will ever be around.

I for one thank you for bringing up this topic. I have never heard of this.  We have been lucky I guess that we have never encountered any of this in our travels. It is a shame that people---no matter what their background have to ruin vacations for others who have saved to have a wonderful time and these are the memories they return home with.  I am sorry you were subjected to other persons' self centered boorish behavior.  May your next vacation help erase this one.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RCThanksgiving2018 said:

It is horrible that one group can ruin everyone else’s vacation.  Why doesn’t RCL talk to the travel agent and make it clear such behavior is unacceptable?

Indeed, the responsibility falls on Royal Caribbean, IMO.

On 10/26/2018 at 3:59 PM, Pigsaudit said:

Love the sarcasm from everyone.  Just advising everyone how I was treated post cruise by this company.  I traveled with children ( 3 and 6)  With that being said, my children were exposed to marijuana smoke daily, fights, rude behavior throughout the ship and language that children should be hearing.  When these issues were brought to the attention of security,  nothing was done.   Enjoy your vacations.  

Why didn’t you explain all of that in your original post? If you want sympathy, we need to know what happented.  If you want to warn us, we also need to know what happened. 

Edited by jagsfan

Maybe not the intent of the OP but this has been a very informative thread and gave suggestions for google searches to investigate when cruise planning. I would like it if my TA warned me but mine didn't. I think there is no hope RCCL would inform us if they know about a possibly disruptive group.

Can anyone add things to watch for?

Any way CC could help us members avoid situations described in this thread?

18 hours ago, Bloodgem said:

If you believed you had poor customer service why did you not post your concerns, on this forum, in February. The more experience CC members would have been able to advise how to process following your poor experience.

Finding fault with the victim is hardly constructive.

This is when you start video taping with your phone. If you are going to complain to RC, this would be non contestable proof of what was going on on the ship.  If they see it first hand, they might have been more likely to help you in some way.  Before someone makes a snarky comment about video taping, just save it. It’s not illegal to video as long as it’s a public space. I’ve had 2 instances where having a video to prove a situation was the best thing I could have.  Video doesn’t lie but people certainly will.  I hope no one else has a bad cruise due to this group that they keep booking.  

• Like 1