Ship to Replace Anthem in Bayonne

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

Perhaps they aren't going to replace Anthem in 2020.   Only time will tell.  

She is scheduled for a T/A to England in April 2020, then coming back to NJ in Nov 2020. 

Not sure which ship is sailing from May - Oct 2020. I guess we'll find out when the schedule is released (Dec 10)???

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Agreed.

Heck, raising the V-N bridge would be easier and cheaper then building a brand-new deep sea port for cruising only, where non exist today.😉

Back on topic, since Anthem is going to be away for summer 2020 only, perhaps Liberty will return to Bayonne for the summer?   Especially if there is an Oasis-class ship there Galveston in 2020.

Raising the bridge may not be easier because of the structure and age and it’s over 50 years, so might as well just taken down the bridge and build a tunnel not worth the price.

34 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

She is scheduled for a T/A to England in April 2020, then coming back to NJ in Nov 2020. 

Not sure which ship is sailing from May - Oct 2020. I guess we'll find out when the schedule is released (Dec 10)???

1 hour ago, jonesy4life9 said:

Perhaps Oasis splits time between Bayonne and Galveston?  Anthem is already set to come back to Bayonne in November 2020.  So Bayonne would have a set rotation between Oasis (summer) and Anthem (winter).  I’m betting Royal gets it done even if some additional dredging is required or smoke stack modification during its dry dock.

I don’t know if they can shave the oasis and if they shave it down the smoke will go into the mini golf,sports court and flowrider. they would need major improvements to do that. I was on the carnival imagination when the smoke filled water park and it close if the smoke stacks are shaved the same could happen to the flow riders if bad smoke is produced.

13 minutes ago, piescruises said:

Raising the bridge may not be easier because of the structure and age and it’s over 50 years, so might as well just taken down the bridge and build a tunnel not worth the price.

I know. The winky face meant I was only kidding.

6 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Probably cheaper to install locks in the waterway. And that might have some long-term benefits which might be something they have to seriously consider anyway. 🙂

You trying to turn ny harbor into the panama canal that’s going to slow down traffic into the harbor.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

I think our resident chief engineer would laugh his pants off if he read the last 2 days of this thread. 

Granted, the whole cruise port in the Stamford is far-fetched but speculating about it was fun....even if the conversation did last 20 or 30 posts too long. :classic_smile:

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Granted, the whole cruise port in the Stamford is far-fetched but speculating about it was fun....even if the conversation did last 20 or 30 posts too long. :classic_smile:

That’s to prove that oasis doesn’t belong in ny without doing something crazy

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:11 AM, nelblu said:

Really????

Should have known you would answer a question with a question instead of a reply. :classic_biggrin:

Let me explain to you in terms you, hopefully, will understand. I originally wrote what would NOT be coming to Bayonne. I never commented on what would sail from Bayonne. Somehow, from what I wrote, you construed that I did comment on what would sail from Bayonne. FAKE NEWS!!!   Even if you still do not understand, I do understand why you wrote what you did though so I wont tax you any further.

I find a lot of this thread really funny.  I think RCI knows what they can and can't do with their ships.  How about we just wait and see?  Since we now know for sure that Anthem will be in Europe May-Nov 2020, now we just have to wait for  the rest of the schedule.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, mcutro said:

Oasis of the Seas is going to be dry docked for 2 months and the smoke stacks will be retrofitted to retract to fit under the bridge. I just got off of Anthem yesterday and that comes straight from the captain. 

As amazing as that sounds, I am extremely skeptical! Lol but I hope you are right!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mcutro said:

I am right. I asked the captain in front of everyone in Two70 and he confirmed it. It will be a retractable stack to get under the bridge. 

The same question was asked at the Captain's Q&A on my August Anthem sail and he mentioned the same thing without hesitation. 

But correct me if I'm wrong but Oasis can't dock in Bermuda which is a serious money maker for RCI? Also can't dock in any of the Canada/New England cruise ports either? What is this ship going to do, sit in Cape Liberty for people to visit for a few hours at a time? I'm confused.

1 minute ago, JAMESCC said:

But correct me if I'm wrong but Oasis can't dock in Bermuda which is a serious money maker for RCI? Also can't dock in any of the Canada/New England cruise ports either? What is this ship going to do, sit in Cape Liberty for people to visit for a few hours at a time? I'm confused.

What will happen to vegetation in Central Park in the winter?