Refunds on onboard credit (refundable)

Wishing on a star

Sorry!!!  I know I should be able to find the answer...  But, we are looking at buying OBC,  which I assume should be refundable.

Is this for sure that IF there is any amount unused,  to be refunded, they must be credited back to the credit card used to make the purchase?

I wouldn't want to lose any of the credit that I get on my credit card, if it is taken back if there is any refund of any leftover funds.

Would I want to make sure that we used ALL of our OBC so that this wouldn't happen?

Edited by Wishing on a star

It is refundable. If you have less than $25 left you claim it from the Passengers Service Desk before you disembark or if over $25 they send you a cheque (or check, if spelt the US way!) after the cruise. 

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

My refund check’s envelope return address was from Bottomline & looked like junk mail on the outside.  I received my refund of refundable complimentary OBC about 4 weeks after the cruise.

I recently received a refund and it didn't look like junk mail (anymore). It was in a regular envelope with a window for my name/address in the usual place and a window with Princess in the usual place for a return address.

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

and mine was clearly in a double window envelope with the return address showing  xxx as agent

for Princess Cruise Lines

Your results may vary

43 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I recently received a refund and it didn't look like junk mail (anymore). It was in a regular envelope with a window for my name/address in the usual place and a window with Princess in the usual place for a return address.

Thanks for the update...glad that it’s been changed since our previous experience.

We received our refund seven weeks after our cruise. In our case, it was refundable onboard credit from Princess, not credit that we had purchased. Someone on our cruise said that Princess told them they were running behind in giving out refunds because so many people on our cruise were getting them. Every passenger received $200 refundable OBC due to a change in the itinerary plus an additional amount in refundable OBC for the lower port fees.

I heard Princess has updated the refunding of purchased OBC and amounts over $25 will be processed back to the credit card used possibly impacting credits or bonuses earned from that spending. Was told Princess revenue dept decided on this updated policy due to the extra cost involved in cutting the refund cheque.

Note this is purchased OBC which I think the OP is most interested in not refundable OBC that might come about because of ship deviations or inconveniences.

Was told this is the current policy as of Nov 2018. You can call Princess revenue department to verify.

8 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Thanks for sharing it’s good to know. Now if I could only keep my wife from using it all as I’m filling out the medical forms at the pier. 😳 😁.

Tony

Tony,

You are in luck. No more medical forms to fill out on the pier. Thus eliminating the shopping opportunity for your wife.  🙂

10 hours ago, paul929207 said:

Tony,

You are in luck. No more medical forms to fill out on the pier. Thus eliminating the shopping opportunity for your wife.  🙂

‘Thank you I’ll have it for at least an extra five minutes. Boy is she going to be mad :classic_angry: When she  fines out you don’t have to fill out the medical forms anymore :classic_biggrin:

Tony  

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, articexplorer said:

Any one know what Princess do about non-US passengers? As a Brit I am still waiting to hear about my refund. Don’t want the trouble of trying to cash a dollar check.

celebrity cruises pay it into the account set up on embarkation.

If you have less than $25 left you claim it from the Passengers Service Desk before you disembark or if over $25 they send you a cheque (or check, if spelt the US way!) after the cruise. Usually takes a few weeks to arrive but may take longer in the current climate.

11 minutes ago, leck57 said:

If you have less than $25 left you claim it from the Passengers Service Desk before you disembark or if over $25 they send you a cheque (or check, if spelt the US way!) after the cruise. Usually takes a few weeks to arrive but may take longer in the current climate.

I think that's the issue. The "dollar check" didn't refer to an amount but rather to the currency type.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I think that's the issue. The "dollar check" didn't refer to an amount but rather to the currency type.

Ah, I see. I have read that in Aust and the UK that the refund cheques are in local currency.