Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I will go back and look at that. So many alcoves and twists and turns in that place!😀

i think i have your scooter situation figured out for the cabin. I’ll post later. 😊

I was planning on putting Carol's scooter where the desk extension pushes back into the desk.   It looks like it will work.

7 hours ago, vtcruising said:

These are in the concierge shower:

This is the lotion and ingredients:

Here is is the shower head. Wonderful - has 4 settings and is removable. The shower is huge! Secret: if you leave the Bathroom door open you will see a bit of ocean from your shower. Just hope those window washers don’t go by! :classic_blush:

Here is the control. It works perfectly from my phone and I can use my phone as a key!! I haven’t done the virtual tour . Will try later. Got to go hear Lisa and Richard talk!😀

Just to confirm, you can do all room controls from the app on the phone (windows shades, lights, temperature)?

37 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

To all of you who are boarding Edge tomorrow, Bon Voyage, and have a wonderful and safe journey!  

Same good wishes here...esp for  all the the Edgies!

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

VT, I noticed some confusion on Facebook. There are some who think the the ocean view cabins' windows open... thus essentially IV veranda without the veranda portion. I assume that the windows in the Panoramic Ocean view cabins are fixed and that the single button you see next to the window is for the blinds... can you confirm? I want to make sure I am not causing further confusion

Just now, Host Anne said:

To everyone boarding tomorrow, have a FANTASTIC time.  Wish we were with you!  Bon Voyage!!!  And thanks again to Marilyn!  

So looking forward to it.  We’ll see the Edge from our hotel room when we wake up.

Thanks for the Bon Voyage.

Katie

11 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

To add to Host Anne's comments.  When replying/quoting post, could everyone try not to re-post the photos that have already been shown.  Just backspace them to delete off of your reply.  It gets annoying having to scan through the same photos over and over again. Makes the thread longer than it needs to be and harder to read new post. :classic_wacko:

VT - I am thrilled with your review and so glad that you are having a great time!

I have a couple of measuring request for the IV.  Could you please measure the height and width of the largest cubby next to the bed.  And also the H/W/L of one of the corner shelves in the bathroom.  Wanting to see if my collapsible cubbie's will fit in those spaces.  Thanks so much!

Also, when you get time, could you please post some more photos of the stateroom and bathroom.  Maybe a shot further out for the bathroom.  Hard to get an idea of the size (supposedly larger than the Solstice class, which I do not see) with the close-ups that you showed before.  Thank you so much! 😉

Okay, the bigger cubbies next to the bath are approx 9x7 1/2 in, but are rounded in the back. The smaller ones are 6x8 in. The ones in the living area that are bigger are 13x 15 and 14 x 15 in. 

Here is a landscape view of bathroom. I think it feels bigger, but agree it doesn’t necessarily look bigger.

0EFDC566-224E-496D-99DA-0DB7B7948C24.thumb.jpeg.48e22e91e9067e7769f7952021b1b144.jpeg

Kearney, there is 36 inches from the bed to the couch. The couch does move and could go 15 more inches to the bifold doors which fold away. That would give you enough room to park it lengthwise between the couch and bed and still have him able to get out of bed to use the bathroom, I think.

If you slide the vanity out of the way, you would not have enough room to park it lengthwise against the wall - you would only have about 6-8 inches to get around it. If you park it lenghthwise the other way (perpendicular to the wall), you would have 12 inches to get by. It is doable but tight. 

I looked at at a beautiful accessible IV today. It was very nice!

983D92DE-198D-418A-8620-132388E9E4F5.jpeg

35C59D90-A262-4AD3-9C9E-5A5AF0B5CBB2.jpeg

544448AA-C39A-4E93-9972-DA99F318C635.jpeg

282FD357-2127-4F2B-90FC-16FB3773E812.jpeg

2F7B7F1B-EEC5-4121-AFA4-1DA83047321D.jpeg

13D271EA-313C-43BD-AA8E-AD4A915004FD.jpeg

DC49FDB8-706E-4CB2-93DB-DF490ED88B7F.jpeg

220C62EF-F40D-4BD4-B4C5-2F8E67BCB199.jpeg

46EC4216-D2BA-40BD-8D8C-158CF130133D.jpeg

11E1C774-139C-491D-9F7B-386ACD62D085.jpeg

EA4C5F84-3CDB-4478-93D2-75AA33ABEB5C.jpeg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kearney said:

My question on chairs... is not comfort exactly, but how easily someone with bad knees can get out of the chair... if there are no arms. Our first cruise was the first post surgery and where DH needed a cane, I was surprised how many people came up to us and ask if he had knee replacement... they either had or were contemplating it. It occurred to me how many people had hip and knee problems. There was quite a bit of discussion about the difficulty finding comfortable... (meaning easy to get in and out of) chairs in some areas of S class ship.. martini bar lounge area, pool area etc comes to mind... dining room and Ocean view cafe fine... traditional dining chairs not fancy no arm low deep chairs. It is just hard to watch him struggle to use a cane and try to get out of a chair that is low... and I hate to have to go around scouting chairs. It won't be an issue this trip since I got him to agree to a scooter... but it would be nice if he could sit in a chair vs on the scooter.

I hope there will be enough choices that something will work for him. 🙂

VTCruising - Thanks so much for doing this and giving us all the info.  I don't sail until January, but I'm on the EDGE of my seat waiting for my embarkation day.  While you are in the S1 cabin, can you please measure the height of the step down into the bathtub to take a shower.  I have very bad knees and have problems with stepping up and down without using railings (and I know there are no railings in those bath/shower combos).  Thanks.  And enjoy the rest of your cruise(s)!

BTW - Did I read somewhere you guys were from Burlington?  My brother has a restaurant in Burlington on Church St.

Edited by jcpc

3 hours ago, kearney said:

VT, I noticed some confusion on Facebook. There are some who think the the ocean view cabins' windows open... thus essentially IV veranda without the veranda portion. I assume that the windows in the Panoramic Ocean view cabins are fixed and that the single button you see next to the window is for the blinds... can you confirm? I want to make sure I am not causing further confusion

You are correct. I saw one of those today and this is a picture. No curtains - they have shade - you can see the button.19223AA7-1790-4ACA-8B85-94C280116241.thumb.jpeg.7ea47f157c6ab313c357aa4bed92e642.jpeg

4 hours ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I was planning on putting Carol's scooter where the desk extension pushes back into the desk.   It looks like it will work.

Depending on the size it may be tight. I responded to Kearney about other options. I think it will work!! Sleep well tonight! You will need it! Only 2 days to see this ship!!

5 hours ago, ccod said:

VT,  you are such an amazing resource. Thanks for all you do. DW and I will be boarding the Edge tomorrow and staying in a C2. Do you think we will be able to get on at 10:30 or do we have to wait until 11:30? Also, is there an electrical outlet near the head of the bed. I think I have read yes but would appreciate confirmation and be able to ditch my CPAP extension cords in the car.

Hopefully we will meet you tomorrow on the RTG and thank you in person. In the meantime please continue to have a great time.

I was there at 1030 and got right on. Others were ahead of me. The only difference is the ship has to be cleared since there are passengers and there weren’t any on Sunday. You might have to wait a few minutes. 

Yes the plug in is there!

There are also 2 USB plug ins by that side of the bed which is nice for phones.

See you soon!!😀

8 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Hi Marilyn, have you tried opening the cabin door with the window open? Wondering if there is any wind tunnel affect like on other ships while at sea.

Tx

I’m sure we have - we each have left when the other was out there with an open window. I don’t think it’s an issue but now I’m going to have to try it!😀

• Like 1