RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

I received the third email today for the June 20 Independence sailing.  The first one was sent on May 7, and the minimum bids have not changed.  I am not interested because I have a cabin I really want (aft balcony), but I hope I get a chance to bid on my August cruise.

On 6/8/2022 at 10:05 AM, Lionesss said:

I am truly amazed on how we got 3 offers of upgrades for our August Allure cruise and all sights show no cabins available above us. I guess it is "just in case someone cancels" Take care

Everyone moves up during the upgrade processing. While the room may be sold out now, as people move up in the world, rooms will open for lower upgrades. And yes, we have cancelled week of cruise several times due to last minute work conflicts. 

5 hours ago, GCS2000 said:

I am confused about those who are getting offers for Aug cruises.  I thought you had to be sailing within 30 days to do Royal Up

We got our Royalup offer email on May 8 for our 22 Jul cruise.  For our April b2b cruise we received the emails in Jan.

Edited by BND

Not sure what to do! 

My family (me, hubby, 3 yr old and 10 yr old) are booked on Enchantment of the Seas for July in connecting ocean view rooms. We didn’t want to be cramped into one room.  We also have a friend and son traveling in the room next to our room. 

Just got the Rup email to bid on several suites including the 2 bedroom suite. I would love to do it but if I won the bid, my hubby and 10 yr old wouldn’t get to enjoy the benefits of the suite other than a larger, nicer room. We would also be farther away from our friends. They haven’t received an email yet to bid up. 

I am torn on what to do!!!

9 hours ago, hollionthebeach said:

Not sure what to do! 

My family (me, hubby, 3 yr old and 10 yr old) are booked on Enchantment of the Seas for July in connecting ocean view rooms. We didn’t want to be cramped into one room.  We also have a friend and son traveling in the room next to our room. 

Just got the Rup email to bid on several suites including the 2 bedroom suite. I would love to do it but if I won the bid, my hubby and 10 yr old wouldn’t get to enjoy the benefits of the suite other than a larger, nicer room. We would also be farther away from our friends. They haven’t received an email yet to bid up. 

I am torn on what to do!!!

The beautiful cabin is so worth it.  I would move- small ship- we moved up and our family was on deck 8 in regular cabins, we were on 9.  We hosted get to gethers and enjoyed the bigger nicer cabin.  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, hollionthebeach said:

I would love to do it but if I won the bid, my hubby and 10 yr old wouldn’t get to enjoy the benefits of the suite other than a larger, nicer room.

Are there really all that many benefits to a suite on EN other than a larger, nicer room?

Under the circumstances, I'd be inclined not to bother bidding and set the money aside to do something nice that your whole party can enjoy together.

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

Are there really all that many benefits to a suite on EN other than a larger, nicer room?

Under the circumstances, I'd be inclined not to bother bidding and set the money aside to do something nice that your whole party can enjoy together.

When you have a suite, you can entertain in your "larger, nicer room"  We did this on our last cruise- what a difference then a dark chlostrophobic box.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

When you have a suite, you can entertain in your "larger, nicer room"  We did this on our last cruise- what a difference then a dark chlostrophobic box.

I guess that is a fair point if entertaining is something that you would do.

On 6/6/2022 at 4:02 PM, sandebeach said:

I just got the Congratulations email, got our Royal Up for our July 16 Symphony cruise. Bid $100 over minimum and went from a guaranteed JS to a Crown Loft Suite. 

This sounds super early. I thought it is usually closer to sailing.

I am on Symphony on July 23 and we just got our bid in. I am thinking I am super late 😞

8 hours ago, JoeFan said:

This sounds super early. I thought it is usually closer to sailing.

I am on Symphony on July 23 and we just got our bid in. I am thinking I am super late 😞

It was super early to get a bid accepted for July. We sail in two weeks and hav not heard a word on our bid for the June cruise. 

11 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

It was super early to get a bid accepted for July. We sail in two weeks and hav not heard a word on our bid for the June cruise. 

I wouldn’t worry I only found out three days before my last cruise. With ships filling closer and closer to 100% it’s often the last minute cancellations that are being upgraded. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Royal Up sends out acceptance emails on the weekends or evenings? We sail in about 11 days and I’ve been checking obsessively.  I’ve bid on upgrades in the past and the only time my bid was accepted I was notified on a Friday. Our preferred stateroom (GS) has been sold out ever since we booked, so it is a long shot, but the suspense is killing me, lol. If they don’t send out acceptances on weekends or evenings it will cut down on my craziness 

6 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Does anyone know if Royal Up sends out acceptance emails on the weekends or evenings?

I don’t think anyone has reported that - pretty sure it’s a manual process. 

Biker, who would advise to set up a credit card alert - that will likely be the first/earliest indication of a win. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2022 at 11:06 AM, TJA27 said:

On June 1, three of my bids went to "expired" and one stayed at "pending" and I couldn't modify or cancel.  On June 2, I got the notification that we were upgraded.

Cruise is June 14 on Adventure of the Seas.

Bid $400 per person/$800 total.  Slightly above the minimum....I went over minimum by about 2-3 notches.

Went from spacious ocean view balcony (corner aft) to Owner's Suite.  Downgrade in our balcony (I think) but upgrade everything else!  Our first suite, so excited to experience.

I am in JS (booked that way) on the same sailing and had our bids in for higher than what you listed above for OS and it was not awarded. I wonder how they figure out who get's what upgrades awarded? We are still holding out hope for OS or RS which we have higher than minimum bids on currently. The map is showing 2 OS and 1 RS remaining (I know you cannot go by that) so fingers still crossed for a little more room. I figured being in a JS we would get moved quickly as JS is usually a quite desirable stateroom and we didn't bid anywhere close to minimum. 

On Friday June 10 we had our offer accepted for an OS on the 3rd July Voyager sailing. We originally booked a JS GTY and bid a notch above the minimum amounts for the RS, OS and GS2BR.

I had checked all bids on the Friday morning and all were still 'pending' - no expired bids etc. Email confirmation of the upgrade came mid-afternoon.

Very excited - this will be our first time in an OS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DiWilliams said:

On Friday June 10 we had our offer accepted for an OS on the 3rd July Voyager sailing. We originally booked a JS GTY and bid a notch above the minimum amounts for the RS, OS and GS2BR.

I had checked all bids on the Friday morning and all were still 'pending' - no expired bids etc. Email confirmation of the upgrade came mid-afternoon.

Very excited - this will be our first time in an OS.

Congratulations.  You will definitely be spoiled by the OS.  My favorite cabin class for non-Suite Class ships.  Very nice.  Enjoy it.