RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, jp2746 said:

Thank you!  I will definitely do this.   

Actually you have to wait until the ship pulls away from the dock.  Before then all upgrades go through the RoyalUp system.  We experienced this on a recent cruise where our TA locked us out of RoyalUp and we went straight to customer service after boarding and we had to wait until sail away.  This was an 11nt cruise and they offered to upgrade the kids room form inside to balcony for $150pp.

7 hours ago, Funkytown83 said:

Once again 🥳! Today we got our RoyalUp win confirmation. Voyager ots 7 night on August 28, we went from OV Balcony to Junior Suite for $180 pp! 🎉 The bid was about 15% above the minimum. Good times!  

Same cruise, we went from an ocean view to a spacious ocean view for $100 pp.

I looked at the deck plans and we moved three cabins over.  🙂

• Like 1

Just received a RoyalUp email allowing me to bid on an upgrade for Voyager 10/16 cruise. Great!

My question is has anyone ever done a RoyalUp involving a B2B cruise and how does that impact the subsequent cruise week if your bid is accepted?   I expect the answer will be that we will need to plan on moving to a different cabin for the next week. But, thought someone may have some experience with this.

13 hours ago, ksmommy5 said:

Royalup accepted on 8/8 Indy from interior guarantee to promenade with min bid. Never got an email however, just noticed the change on my sail pass and the charge to my credit card. Room 7263 and I hope it’s not noisy bc it’s next to what appears t be the passages that the entertainment crew use (the bridges). 

So, this just happened? We're on the next sailing, and have not heard anything yet. All suites show as sold out, and I have minimum bids in place on a 2-br GS and an OS. I had higher bids ($225 pp for both), but decided it was not worth the premium, going from our booked GS.

Tom

We finally received our Royal Up email.  We did get upgraded to a Central Park balcony.  I am soooo grateful to be out of the closet we were booked in.  However, this was the one option I was hoping not to get.  We really wanted an Ocean or a Boardwalk, but in my desperation to not have to sleep in an interior, I gambled on the Neighborhood Balcony option (this is why I don't go to Vegas, lol).  Again, I am super grateful to be out of the interior but was wondering if I can still go to customer service and see if there is an upgrade available after we sail?

By the way... I am super jealous of that Sky Loft.  I don't think we will ever be able to afford that one, but one can dream. 

Edited by jp2746

43 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

We finally received our Royal Up email.  We did get upgraded to a Central Park balcony.  I am soooo grateful to be out of the closet we were booked in.  However, this was the one option I was hoping not to get.  We really wanted an Ocean or a Boardwalk, but in my desperation to not have to sleep in an interior, I gambled on the Neighborhood Balcony option (this is why I don't go to Vegas, lol).  Again, I am super grateful to be out of the interior but was wondering if I can still go to customer service and see if there is an upgrade available after we sail?

By the way... I am super jealous of that Sky Loft.  I don't think we will ever be able to afford that one, but one can dream. 

Have you tried one previously?  If not, go in with an open mind; maybe you’ll like it.  My husband is very fond of the Central Park Balconies…he finds them peace and likes listening to the musicians from the balcony.  I like the activity on Boardwalk better, though CP is a nice change now and then.  You might as well ask at GS; worst you will hear is no.

I believe that the reason that bids get changed to "submitted" is that bids are now closed as far as Plusgrade is concerned and your bid has been submitted to the ship in cas f last minute cancellations.

The change to submitted status started at about the same time as we started hearing reports of people getting their upgrades at 7 or 8pm in the evening after they unpacked.

18 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Have you tried one previously?  If not, go in with an open mind; maybe you’ll like it.  My husband is very fond of the Central Park Balconies…he finds them peace and likes listening to the musicians from the balcony.  I like the activity on Boardwalk better, though CP is a nice change now and then.  You might as well ask at GS; worst you will hear is no.

1 hour ago, jp2746 said:

Have had a Central Park balcony and really enjoyed the view and natural light

• Like 1

I will try to upgrade but we will have a great time no matter where we are on the ship!  We haven’t stayed in a CP balcony but it is always so hot and humid when we go to Park Cafe that I feel like it will be that way in the room. We love the ocean breeze.  I am actually just thankful to be going on a cruise again but it doesn’t hurt to ask. 

Woohoo!!!

We just got the email that our bid ($325pp) was accepted for a one bedroom GS on Brilliance for our Greek Isles cruise at the end if August.

I hope someone enjoys the aft JS that became available when we got upgraded.

We booked really early, and got a great deal on the JS, so the total cost is really reasonable. This will be our first "real" suite (we are usually in balconies with an occasional JS). Super excited!

• Like 4

We currently have a JS booked for a UK sailing in Sep 22, along with the normal 2 x Ult drinks package.  I am looking at bidding on a number of upgrade options, some of which come with the UDP included.  The question is simple.  If I win an upgrade that includes the drinks package can I cancel or does this happen automatically?  Second question what upgrades include the drinks package?

12 minutes ago, Enviros said:

We currently have a JS booked for a UK sailing in Sep 22, along with the normal 2 x Ult drinks package.  I am looking at bidding on a number of upgrade options, some of which come with the UDP included.  The question is simple.  If I win an upgrade that includes the drinks package can I cancel or does this happen automatically?  Second question what upgrades include the drinks package?

I don't think the upgrades include any drinks package although free drinks in the Suite lounge for Suite guests and Crown and Anchor high loyalty drinks.

Looks like I'll have to wait until Friday!

--------------------------------------------------------------

ONBOARD UPGRADE REVIEW
THOMAS ,

We have reviewed the RoyalUp bids for your upcoming sailing onboard Independence of the Seas®, and while we have not selected your offer yet, the team onboard the ship may choose it for upgrade based on availability at departure time.

You will be able to modify or cancel your bid(s) up to 2 hours before departure on embarkation date. If you do not receive any communication by departure time, your cabin has not been upgraded.

If you do not wish to be upgraded onboard, you may cancel your offer by clicking the below link and following through with the cancellation steps.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I don't think the upgrades include any drinks package although free drinks in the Suite lounge for Suite guests and Crown and Anchor high loyalty drinks.

I believe that is incorrect. Following these forums, it has been stated many times previously that if you Royal Up to a suite, you get every suite benefit that suite offers other than double points (if upgrading from a non-suite). You only get your points from what you initially booked.

That means that if Royal Up to Star Class suites, that does include the DBP.

1 hour ago, RobInMN said:

I believe that is incorrect. Following these forums, it has been stated many times previously that if you Royal Up to a suite, you get every suite benefit that suite offers other than double points (if upgrading from a non-suite). You only get your points from what you initially booked.

That means that if Royal Up to Star Class suites, that does include the DBP.

That sounds correct when we have upgraded before regarding C&A points.

As D+ we get 5 free drinks each regardless which is enough.

The suite lounge has free beers etc I understand all day.

I have bids in for GS and JS from our usual Ocean view balcony cabins.

Screenshot_20220810_161814_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Edited by grapau27

3 hours ago, seasidemama said:

Anyone upgraded this summer on short weekend cruise? I know they've been sailing at capacity. Wondering what everyone's experience has been and when the win/rejected email came.

Thanks!

I just got back from Freedom of the Seas weekend cruise. I had balcony room bid $350 and got an upgrade to a junior suite about a week before sail away. Worth every penny!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ilikebigboats said:

I just got back from Freedom of the Seas weekend cruise. I had balcony room bid $350 and got an upgrade to a junior suite about a week before sail away. Worth every penny!

NICE! was that per person or total bid? What category were you originally booked in?

I'm booked on freedom end of august and my minimum bid from Balcony to JS is $70 pp. GS is showing $125pp minimum.