RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

10 minutes ago, CityChickCruising said:

If you’re on your phone, click on the bid you want to update again and it’ll move to the top with a small arrow that is hyperlinked on the right side. If you’re on your computer then hover your mouse over the bid and there will be a hyperlink somewhere on there.

Thank you!!! I am actually considering straight up upgrading to one of my royal up bids, and wanted to make sure I could cancel it.

• Like 2

Thought Id share we just won a bid.

Had an OS on Symphony for March 5. Bid just over minimum at $115, upped it to $135 yesterday. Got win notification this morning. 😁

1762 ocean view. Slightly smaller balcony, but still has 2 loungers.👍 Love the location near elevators. SetSail is updated, but not luggage tags.

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Had an OS on Symphony for March 5. Bid just over minimum at $115, upped it to $135 yesterday. Got win notification this morning. 😁

1762 ocean view. Slightly smaller balcony, but still has 2 loungers.👍 Love the location near elevators. SetSail is updated, but not luggage tags.

Was the winning bid on a CLS? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Good bargain  My minimum RU from my May HM OS is $150 pp- 

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, sorry

Surprised that it went to cheaply but I guess the ship is still sailing at reduced capacity.  The May Oasis cruise I'm on starts at $300 for a Junior suite from an spacious balcony. 

1 hour ago, gerig said:

Surprised that it went to cheaply but I guess the ship is still sailing at reduced capacity.  The May Oasis cruise I'm on starts at $300 for a Junior suite from an spacious balcony. 

Started in an OS. Fairly evenly priced a lot of times

12 minutes ago, 1978bucketlist said:

I won my bid. Went from OS to CLS for the minimum bid of $75 each. I have never sailed on this ship. The ship is Harmony sailing 3/6

congrats. my 1st royal cruise was a CLS and you will love the suite lounge perks. assuming they are the same as oasis. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CityChickCruising said:

Now that the 50 percent off sales are over, will be super curious to see how things shake out with bids!

"Sales" are ongoing and very much doubt have any effect of Royal Up bids.

8 minutes ago, CityChickCruising said:

I checked this morning and my minimum bids are now 2x what they were during the sale. All I mean is.. I wonder if people will be bidding $1000+ For a junior suite!

I thought you were talking about cabin "Sales". The lowered min bids inside Royal Up just invites more bids, but not sure it makes much diff - folks probably bid already before the sale, so the sale being over won't affect those bids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

I thought you were talking about cabin "Sales". The lowered min bids inside Royal Up just invites more bids, but not sure it makes much diff - folks probably bid already before the sale, so the sale being over won't affect those bids.

I had a bid in for a JS, but when Royal had a price drop over the week-end I called and upgraded for less than my RU bid. So, on the last day of the RU 50% off sale I canceled or lowered all of my bids. I'm wondering if I will get another RU offer with my new JS cabin listed or since I have several bids in, will I be stuck with those offers.

3 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

I'm wondering if I will get another RU offer with my new JS cabin listed or since I have several bids in, will I be stuck with those offers.

The system should reset with your new cabin and get new offers, if there's enough time before sailing. You should cancel any/all current bids.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Started in an OS. Fairly evenly priced a lot of times

Checked my cruise the difference in the royal up bidding is $100 so you are correct that it is appropriate

3 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

Wonder inaugural sailing 

$260 pp from interior to balcony deck 6. The balcony looks bigger than regular one in that deck

So did you win your bid for this? If so congrats. I have my fingers crossed for my bid from OV balcony to either OS or GS. for the 3/18 sailing. Would really like to get it as we are celebrating our 35th anniversary! Hope you have an awesome cruise ! 

1 hour ago, berbician said:

So did you win your bid for this? If so congrats. I have my fingers crossed for my bid from OV balcony to either OS or GS. for the 3/18 sailing. Would really like to get it as we are celebrating our 35th anniversary! Hope you have an awesome cruise ! 

Wow, Thecanimal here . Again I’m not trying to inflame the fires, but if you royalup into one of my old cabins that you read about, On The Downgraded without compensation thread, now I am curious. As I said I’m all good now but my conspiracy theories have been reawakened. I know I can’t give you my email, but maybe I can figure out how to meet you on the ship and talk about this. I am happy you are happy, everything‘s good, but if Royal Caribbean is playing these games, I just can’t even believe it. 

28 minutes ago, thecanimal said:

Wow, Thecanimal here . Again I’m not trying to inflame the fires, but if you royalup into one of my old cabins that you read about, On The Downgraded without compensation thread, now I am curious. As I said I’m all good now but my conspiracy theories have been reawakened. I know I can’t give you my email, but maybe I can figure out how to meet you on the ship and talk about this. I am happy you are happy, everything‘s good, but if Royal Caribbean is playing these games, I just can’t even believe it. 

28 minutes ago, thecanimal said:

Sorry that was meant for MCATMCAT