Mardi Gras

cntrydncr1

17 hours ago, shof515 said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3be1kfpBmBkFvZ8c6

use the zoom feature to see it in full size

Thanks for the link. but too many empty spaces and the photo gets very fuzzy for me when zoomed in.  lots of cabin decks, which is both good and scary.  Good for selection choices, scary for number of pax on board.  Guess I can wait another day for the "reveal" assuming that doesn't get delayed.  Won't be sailing on it until 2021 if then.

1 hour ago, soulsistah007 said:

John has said on his Facebook page that there are some very special itineraries for the ship. Im very curious as to what they may be.

When the new itinerary is released on 1/30 is that right at 12:01 am, or more commonly done during the day sometime? 

This is now showing in my VIFP page.

Unfortunately the link to the deal just loops to the main Carnival sales page for now. I also have a second one showing for $100 pp for Balcony and suites.

Mardi Gras Early Saver VIP Access

Exclusive Early Saver rates for VIFP Club Members
Offer is valid for guests with a valid VIFP Club Member number. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses are additional for each guest based on itinerary. Early Saver terms & conditions (T&C) apply. Onboard credit offer is non-transferable and non-refundable. Onboard credit amounts are the following: $50 per person up to $100 per room for Interior and Ocean view categories only. They are applied to your Sail & Sign account and may not be applied to cruise fare or Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses. 50% reduced deposit is applicable to sailings outside of final payment due date and is valid for all ships, stateroom types and sail dates. Deposit is non-refundable. Changes made to the reservation may result in the assessment of cancellation penalties or service fees. Early Saver fare is backed by a unique price protection policy and does not apply to group rates, membership rates, select promotions, or travel agent promotions. No name changes are allowed. Cancellations prior to final payment due date will receive a non-refundable and non-transferable future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee. The future cruise credit must be used for bookings in USD currency within 24 months from the date of cancellation. Offer does not apply to Carnival Australia. Offer is applicable on Mardi Gras sailings through April 24, 2021. Offer is available for new bookings only. Offer ends February 17, 2019. To submit a Price Protection claim, visit https://www.carnival.com/cruise-deals/early-saver/price-protection.aspx. Requests will be accepted up to two business days prior to sailing. Please request rate code REDACTED.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cousin Eddie said:

Unfortunately the link to the deal just loops to the main Carnival sales page for now. I also have a second one showing for $100 pp for Balcony and suites.

...chop...

I have these same offers, and they similarly re-direct to the main cruise-deals page.  I am amused/confused by this:

Offer is applicable on Mardi Gras sailings through April 24, 2021. Offer is available for new bookings only. Offer ends February 17, 2019. 

Right now bookings only go out to April 2021 for all sailings (other ships/ports).

The Mardi Gras will be sailing from Port Canaveral from "late 2020" (my guess: Nov 2020).  So basically just a handful of months worth of bookings will be available?  That surprises me.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

1 hour ago, Cousin Eddie said:

Offer is valid for guests with a valid VIFP Club Member number. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses are additional for each guest based on itinerary. Early Saver terms & conditions (T&C) apply. Onboard credit offer is non-transferable and non-refundable. Onboard credit amounts are the following: $50 per person up to $100 per room for Interior and Ocean view categories only. They are applied to your Sail & Sign account and may not be applied to cruise fare or Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses. 50% reduced deposit is applicable to sailings outside of final payment due date and is valid for all ships, stateroom types and sail dates. Deposit is non-refundable. Changes made to the reservation may result in the assessment of cancellation penalties or service fees. Early Saver fare is backed by a unique price protection policy and does not apply to group rates, membership rates, select promotions, or travel agent promotions. No name changes are allowed. Cancellations prior to final payment due date will receive a non-refundable and non-transferable future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee. The future cruise credit must be used for bookings in USD currency within 24 months from the date of cancellation. Offer does not apply to Carnival Australia. Offer is applicable on Mardi Gras sailings through April 24, 2021. Offer is available for new bookings only. Offer ends February 17, 2019. To submit a Price Protection claim, visit https://www.carnival.com/cruise-deals/early-saver/price-protection.aspx. Requests will be accepted up to two business days prior to sailing. Please request rate code REDACTED.

I signed up for the Mardi Gras notifications the first day they were available, and probably a few more times. Why are only some seeing these?  Hopefully shows up in my offers as I am ready to book the cruise...

Nevermind..literally just loaded. Must be putting into the system. lucky for me, 12AM EST is 9PM for us West Coasters 🙂

Edited by JMKreno

Well I've got into booking and I dunno why john Heald was saying there would be some different itineraries because it's dull dull dull, got two sailing out of Southampton, one north to Germany etc to rubbish ports then to canaries, which to us Europeans is a place you go from a cheap holiday with the kids then the TA 😒 SUPER gutted, was hoping for a couple of med itineraries, we are within 30 minutes drive of Southampton and still don't bother, then over to the Carribbean for same old stuff, Aruba, grand Turk, Cozumel etc etc c'mon carnival we were hoping you'd do something special with the new mighty Mardi gras! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cbowls30 said:

Well I've got into booking and I dunno why john Heald was saying there would be some different itineraries because it's dull dull dull, got two sailing out of Southampton, one north to Germany etc to rubbish ports then to canaries, which to us Europeans is a place you go from a cheap holiday with the kids then the TA 😒 SUPER gutted, was hoping for a couple of med itineraries, we are within 30 minutes drive of Southampton and still don't bother, then over to the Carribbean for same old stuff, Aruba, grand Turk, Cozumel etc etc c'mon carnival we were hoping you'd do something special with the new mighty Mardi gras! 

LOL, what would make it special....Cleveland?

6 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

LOL, what would make it special....Cleveland?

They could of done some really interesting ports out of Southampton (our home port) Zeebrugge, le harvre, super dull, we were excited to try Mardi gras from the UK but definitely not gonna bother! Just another snub to us carnival faithful in Europe!! At least vista did  a decent summer of itineraries (which we did) around the  med, the Carribbean ports are so over done it's not worth the journey over there for us. #yawn 

i rec'd my email at 11:34pm eastern last night saying I could book. I was asleep at 11:34PM, so when I woke up at 1:00am, I tried putting an itinerary on hold and the website basically said "there is an issue, please call" and when I called, I got a random PVP that was also blocked from booking anything.  I could tell that several rooms were either already sold or blocked for TAs. there wasn't a lot of choice.  

I am now happy that I was unable to book or put anything on hold because it wasn't until my husband stumbled into the room and muttered "Hmm, $7,300 for just a balcony room, nothing extra? no suite? no extended balcony? that's the basic regular balcony price? "   

I hadn't even looked at it...because it was 1:00am and I was delirious, but WHAT?????  that is a heckuva lot of money for a balcony.(I'd still need to fly and get hotel, so it would be around $9,000 after all that)  I immediately got out of the screen and chose a different ship with the same dates, 4 ports instead of 3 (still a carrib itin) and half the price.    we were sailing those dates anyway, so might as well go on a different ship.    I really, really, really wanted to book the Mardi Gras, but I need to let these prices calm down a bit.  maybe Summer of 2021 when those are posted. for $7,000, I can have a B2B or a really nice Disney cruise for my kiddos, sooooo, at this time, I just don't think a big ship, with no family harbor area and a roller coaster that I might use once is worth the extra $3000.   oh carnival.

14 minutes ago, pyropoodle said:

i rec'd my email at 11:34pm eastern last night saying I could book. I was asleep at 11:34PM, so when I woke up at 1:00am, I tried putting an itinerary on hold and the website basically said "there is an issue, please call" and when I called, I got a random PVP that was also blocked from booking anything.  I could tell that several rooms were either already sold or blocked for TAs. there wasn't a lot of choice.  

I am now happy that I was unable to book or put anything on hold because it wasn't until my husband stumbled into the room and muttered "Hmm, $7,300 for just a balcony room, nothing extra? no suite? no extended balcony? that's the basic regular balcony price? "   

I hadn't even looked at it...because it was 1:00am and I was delirious, but WHAT?????  that is a heckuva lot of money for a balcony.(I'd still need to fly and get hotel, so it would be around $9,000 after all that)  I immediately got out of the screen and chose a different ship with the same dates, 4 ports instead of 3 (still a carrib itin) and half the price.    we were sailing those dates anyway, so might as well go on a different ship.    I really, really, really wanted to book the Mardi Gras, but I need to let these prices calm down a bit.  maybe Summer of 2021 when those are posted. for $7,000, I can have a B2B or a really nice Disney cruise for my kiddos, sooooo, at this time, I just don't think a big ship, with no family harbor area and a roller coaster that I might use once is worth the extra $3000.   oh carnival.

I have a premium balcony for less than $2500 for 2 people on hold with $200 OBC and half-off deposit.  Maybe there was a website glitch when you were looking (?)

Well I can do "mock bookings", but looking at the itinerary for the Caribbean I'm not seeing anything that entices us to run out and book.  We've been to all these ports many times.  Deck plans aren't that overly exciting, sticking cove balconies on Deck 5 with spa  all the late night public stuff above and not seeing any true Havana deck area, doesn't offer thrills up my leg.  Since we're booked on other cruises until 2021, may just wait and see how the reviews go and if Carnival devises new itineraries down the road. 

Bookings are available now for those VIPF members who signed up for advance booking access today 1/30/19.

It's big !

Booked a Caribbean 7 night for 12/5/20

They included $200 cabin OBC for Balcony  plus Half Deposit . Not sure if that will be there when bookings open for all?

Edited by MCC retired

2 hours ago, cbowls30 said:

They could of done some really interesting ports out of Southampton (our home port) Zeebrugge, le harvre, super dull, we were excited to try Mardi gras from the UK but definitely not gonna bother! Just another snub to us carnival faithful in Europe!! At least vista did  a decent summer of itineraries (which we did) around the  med, the Carribbean ports are so over done it's not worth the journey over there for us. #yawn 

They are not big on venturing to new and different ports, in fact, this is a pretty big step for them.  Their market is def US, and def new cruisers.  While you view it as a snub, they have in actuality ventured out a pretty far way.  Happy cruising,

2 hours ago, CruzCrazy said:

I have a premium balcony for less than $2500 for 2 people on hold with $200 OBC and half-off deposit.  Maybe there was a website glitch when you were looking (?)

yeah, there are 4 of us, so it was def $7,300 for a regular old balcony.  my pvp called just after I posted this and confirmed.  we are just as happy with our 2nd choice ship that ended up being $4,100 for the 4 of us. (that's after all the tips and insurance and everything), so all in all, I'm gonna be glad to be on any boat.    I will eventually try the Mardi Gras, and hopefully my kiddos will be old enough to really enjoy that roller coaster.  they are young young young, so after they get a few inches on their heights, they'd have a much better time.