Jan 4, 2019 Navigator

donnacat9

Well, Happy Anniversary!  Hope you're talking about the Sun lasting two more days:classic_biggrin:.  Enjoy the cruise and your special day.  Looking forward to reading more of your post about the Navigator---it won't be long before we're on the ship. Rick

Donna is right - the M&M was very nice.

Someone suggested we all introduce ourselves which was a good idea - putting faces with our screen names works! The first time I've seen it happen.

Since I'll be on for a while, I think I will suggest it going forward.

Thanks . . . .Peggy

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, xrvlcruiser said:

Donna is right - the M&M was very nice.

Someone suggested we all introduce ourselves which was a good idea - putting faces with our screen names works! The first time I've seen it happen.

Since I'll be on for a while, I think I will suggest it going forward.

Thanks . . . .Peggy

Just finished making a lei and it took over 60 orchids to make one in all white.  Learned the Hawaiian customs for giving one to another.  It was fun!!   Once in a lifetime experience for me.   They fought in 9000 orchids and both men and women were making them - including my hubby.  

It's so nice to hear from the World Cruisers.  Thanks, Donna and Peggy for posting.  Your leis sound beautiful, Donna!

I'm on the Big Island right now and the weather is wonderful.  Hope it will be when you get here!  Sorry to miss seeing y'all on Navigator.

• Like 1

Happy anniversary!  I hope you had a great day today and had a special dinner to celebrate your anniversary. I’m glad you’ve found Mario. He is one of the best servers in the fleet and will definitely spoil you. 

Z and TB

13 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Happy anniversary!  I hope you had a great day today and had a special dinner to celebrate your anniversary. I’m glad you’ve found Mario. He is one of the best servers in the fleet and will definitely spoil you. 

Z and TB

Z,

I was just on Navigator with MJ for 24 days.  I had made a note to myself to try to meet Mario some time after reading your blog.  About the 3rd night at dinner, my server asked if I wanted sorbet with dinner.  It was the first time I had been asked on that cruise, but remember it used to be a given on my other 2 Regent cruises.  I thought, "I need to remember this server, I'm impressed." Took a look at his name tag and sure enough it was Mario!  After that tried to get a table in his section every night and at breakfast!  His assistant server Maggie is a gem too!

We were sitting at the next table to Donna and her husband last night and we all sang - along with a number of staff - to celebrate their anniversary.

Happy Anniversary!

And yes, Mario and Maggie are terrific. And Mario knows he was mentioned on CC!

Peggy

• Like 1

I’m back for a quick update.    Yesterday was wonderful.   We had a great bridge game - -cards were all our way and bid the slam!!   At dinner in addition to the song  they sang for us - -The Captain came over and offered to do a service of renewing our vows!!   We said yes of course.  Swans and roses in our room at night.  It was a perfect day and night.  .At the piano bar they played our favorite song and we danced and celebrated.  

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Am back for an update.   Sara (social director) broughtus a wonderful script for the wedding vow ceremony.   We did a couple of corrections and also wrote our vows.   The ceremony was in the Captain’s quarters and was fantastic.   We found out afterwards it was the FIRST time the Captain had ever done this.   WOW — did we feel special.

We have had such a wonderful time on this trip.   Laughter so hard at the Neptune ceremony today - - You needed to see this.   We have found ourselves so busy that I haven’ written.  Enjoying the daily Mensa questions - - challenge to our minds - the bridge lessons and duplicate games, and today we tried trivial and won third - - which is amazing since we are so bad at knowing the answers.   Hubby got one and I got one out our 15 - - thanks to our partners for all the other answers.   

We also play a fun 30 minute game with Jamie at noon - -from a dice game of 31 to a card game of crazy eight.   Those not playing bridg are making beautiful necklaces with shells, etc.   There is just not enough time in the day.   Gotta go - -Just wanted to let you know how much fun we have been having. 

So great to hear from you all, including the World Cruisers.  Keep this stuff coming please!  I just read that the Viking Neptune ceremony was quite different.  All the "pollywogs" trooped out in bathing suits and went through the pool--must be a Norwegian thing.  Glad Regent doesn't go so far.

Our seas were too rough.  A couple of days ago we had the tsunami in the pool.  It wiped out the buffet and all of the people between the pool and buffet.  They drained the pool.  So they moved the crossing the Equator ceremony into the Theater.  Also, someone said they did not like the Navigator because of the small main lounge, Galileo's.  We have been on this ship for two weeks and have not been to Galileos.  We like Stars Lounge.  Not sure why they call Galileos the Main Lounge.   

22 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

All the "pollywogs" trooped out in bathing suits and went through the pool--must be a Norwegian thing.  Glad Regent doesn't go so far.

I remember going through a ceremony when I was a young thing...We were a Navy family going across the Pacific for a new posting.  This was during the height of the Vietnam war, so we were on a troop ship.  The ceremony involved being blindfolded and running the gauntlet of guts (spaghetti), eyeballs (olives), and brains (pudding).  It was loads of fun and everyone seemed to have a wonderful time!  But, this wasn’t a luxury cruise so we all made do with what was available.

1 hour ago, forgap said:

I remember going through a ceremony when I was a young thing...We were a Navy family going across the Pacific for a new posting.  This was during the height of the Vietnam war, so we were on a troop ship.  The ceremony involved being blindfolded and running the gauntlet of guts (spaghetti), eyeballs (olives), and brains (pudding).  It was loads of fun and everyone seemed to have a wonderful time!  But, this wasn’t a luxury cruise so we all made do with what was available.

Funny.  At one of our ceremonies on Regent they did throw all that stuff at the staff members who were then unceremoniously thrown into the pool.

Trying to visualize the tsunami!

To donnacat9--from a fellow-Washingtonian (Redmond):

Have been following this Thread.  Many-Navigator experiences over the past 10 years.  All positive; and, fortunately no really-rough weather.  So-many of the onboard staff you have lauded bring back similar recollections of great service and attention to detail provided to my wife and me which we now regard as standard on all Regent ships. 

One aspect of your cruise particularly caught my attention.  50th Wedding Anniversary.  My wife and I will celebrate ours when aboard Splendor, March, 2020.  Have already made arrangements with Regent for a Renewal of Vows officiated by the Captain. Family and friends will join us--together with our TA. 

Continued happy, and calm, sailings. 

GOARMY!