“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

Further to Paul, while some food is "fancy", I won't argue ... not all of it is, even in the "real" restaurants.

It's easy enough to find a simple course or to ask for sauces (etc.) on the side.

Mura

5 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

In that case you chose the wrong cruise line 😀

I certainly didn't choose this cruise for food...it was for the outstanding itinerary, the perfect ship to do it on, the high level of service, and other factor's.   I am very pleased with my choice, so far.  As for the food...well let me just say it is 'okay'...

10 minutes ago, bob brown said:

I certainly didn't choose this cruise for food...it was for the outstanding itinerary, the perfect ship to do it on, the high level of service, and other factor's.   I am very pleased with my choice, so far.  As for the food...well let me just say it is 'okay'...

Bob -maybe you didn’t see my “smiley” emoticon - it was meant as a joke but obviously I missed the target.

I, of all people, certainly have no issues with Oceania.

Lots of passengers adore the food, others not so much.  We all have our own taste buds and personal likes.  Some like gourmet food, others are like Bob and prefer simpler food.

My husband loves spicy food but his body no longer does!

Nobody is wrong.

3 hours ago, bob brown said:

The fancy food is wasted on me...

If Waves grill was open in the evening, I’d be very happy to eat all my dinner’s there...😄

Compared to most other ships AND shoreside restaurants Waves IS a fancy restaurant. Very much looking forward to my first surf and turf next week!

• Like 1

I admit that when I answered earlier I was forgetting that this is a 6 month cruise which means oft repeating menus!  So I can see being happy with Waves or Terrace as the time goes on ...

We found the thing we liked most about Terrace on a very long cruise is the ability to get some things from one area and then another, and perhaps a third and have something done to it....stir fried, or thrown on a bed of pasta, or rice with veggies, and pineapple --whatever your imagination and inclination for that night. 

and the Terrace crew also can offer some suggestions as well.  Or as one friend did, head straight for the desserts and coffee!!

UNUSED TOUR TICKETS. Cabin 4055

There are a lot of unused tour tickets because it is too hard to find a last minute taker.

My roommate and I are right next to the reception desk.  We offer our stateroom door as a bulletin board for tickets. You can put them under a magnet on our door. It is convenient for anyone looking to leave or get a ticket.  If there is a ticket on the door feel free to take it if you can use it.

if anyone has a better solution, please post.  Oceania won’t facilitate but I don’t think they will remove the tickets.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wisewoman8 said:

UNUSED TOUR TICKETS. Cabin 4055

There are a lot of unused tour tickets because it is too hard to find a last minute taker.

My roommate and I are right next to the reception desk.  We offer our stateroom door as a bulletin board for tickets. You can put them under a magnet on our door. It is convenient for anyone looking to leave or get a ticket.  If there is a ticket on the door feel free to take it if you can use it.

if anyone has a better solution, please post.  Oceania won’t facilitate but I don’t think they will remove the tickets.

You're awesome...great idea!

20 hours ago, no fuss travel said:

You are getting tired of the menu.  Took you longer than it did me.

Me too. Such a 1st world problem,  I know,  but I rarely find things I like and end up eating nothing but salads for days on end. Wish they'd make a meatloaf (I can teach the chef...I make a great one) and grilled cheese!

BTW, I love escargot, but they only occasionally have the ones in garlic butter and they're only in the GDR. The ones in Terrace are in a creamy sauce and I don't like them done this way.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

1 hour ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Me too. Such a 1st world problem,  I know,  but I rarely find things I like and end up eating nothing but salads for days on end. Wish they'd make a meatloaf (I can teach the chef...I make a great one) and grilled cheese!

BTW, I love escargot, but they only occasionally have the ones in garlic butter and they're only in the GDR. The ones in Terrace are in a creamy sauce and I don't like them done this way.

Oh, I forgot, you can't make special menu requests on Oceania, can you?  Can't you get a grilled cheese sandwich from room service at least?

For our WC, I'm counting on food fatigue to help me with my diet. 🙂

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

2 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

have you talked to the Chef

surely they can make you a grilled cheese sandwich

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mura said:

Lots of passengers adore the food, others not so much.  We all have our own taste buds and personal likes.  Some like gourmet food, others are like Bob and prefer simpler food.

My husband loves spicy food but his body no longer does!

Nobody is wrong.

Perhaps this got added already and I didn't see it.  This is a sample dinner menu of the MDR.  Seems like there's something for everyone.  No?

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/13391/Grand-Dining-Dinner-Menu.pdf/