Beverage package & Suitcase Under Bed?

suizas

2 questions... (first Celeb cruise!)

we are on The Edge next Sunday. Will a suitcase fit under the bed? If not, where do most store them? We are in an IV cabin

also - I guess we got the Classic beverage package when I booked. They say drinks up to $9 are included. As I understand most drinks and even a glass of wine may be more, do you recommend the Premium? Does that actually cover the cost of a single drink? 

Thanks! Susan 

24 minutes ago, suizas said:

we are on The Edge next Sunday. Will a suitcase fit under the bed? If not, where do most store them? We are in an IV cabin

also - I guess we got the Classic beverage package when I booked. They say drinks up to $9 are included. As I understand most drinks and even a glass of wine may be more, do you recommend the Premium? Does that actually cover the cost of a single drink? 

Thanks! Susan 

We travel with 3 large soft sided suitcases. All three fit under the bed. We always have the CBP and all the drinks (brands and types) we have are covered by it. Why not wait and see for yourself. You can always upgrade to the PBP when your onboard if your favorite brands aren't included in the CBP.  If you upgrade front CBP to PBP the difference will be $10.00 + 18% gratuity ($11.80) per day, per person . 

Edited by davekathy

20 minutes ago, suizas said:

Thanks! Susan 

While not a total list of beverages this will give you an idea of what is covered

From Ocen View Cafe

318FEE63-13B9-4EF1-AC3F-B4D47A34FCB8.thumb.jpeg.748c8a193aae71880e48071e731c9912.jpegC65C04F3-1FBC-4D51-A08C-CBF35F112872.thumb.jpeg.fa85c35c593ca2241205f15a03901f62.jpeg

from Ensamble Lounge

2353B2E6-12C6-48F5-A149-E9022C60FBE7.thumb.jpeg.896250718184b2c5c662e03d90bdd1f0.jpeg5DEDCCC4-58A0-475D-9CDD-D9BCE2E90078.thumb.jpeg.3ec5965676746f1a616f592f9ee55d5e.jpeg5D8948F5-9E95-4813-9C4C-808F3BE22131.thumb.jpeg.09565a1a2dc5e5f3713323bb6a3c077c.jpeg1AC1A2D0-3DE1-4227-AD43-A5D1E5409873.thumb.jpeg.4285ddc7ca1cb903558383a5778a1c07.jpeg

• Like 1

If a glass of wine is $10, you would only pay the $1  difference and the gratuity.

If you want to stay within the Classic Package, you can ask your waiter what is available.  We were surprised that some wines that were not listed in the menus were available.  

47 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We travel with 3 large soft sided suitcases. All three fit under the bed. We always have the CBP and all the drinks (brands and types) we have are covered by it. Why not wait and see for yourself. You can always upgrade to the PBP when your onboard if your favorite brands aren't included in the CBP.  If you upgrade front CBP to PBP the difference will be $10.00 + 18% gratuity ($11.80) per day, per person . 

Thank you!

Someone recently reported here that they were charged about $15 a day to upgrade.  It apparently had something to do with the price of the packages having been recently raised.  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2624849-on-board-now-equinox-charging-14-to-upgrade-bev-pkg/

Edited by cruiserchuck

Suitcases will fit under the bed on the Edge.  Closet space is small so no way will a suitcase & clothes fit in the closet.

Lots of drinks available on the CBP, wines are limited but every venue we have been in has 2-3 whites and 2-3 red wines plus prosecco are n the Classic package.

we found on Solstice that the suitcases fit under the bed fine - we had 2 large cases

The classic beverage package was also fine for us - we were able to get plenty of wines / beers / spirits / cocktails on the CBP

if you prefer premium spirits you can get the PBP, but for us the Classic was fine

We will also be on the Edge next Sunday. I believe the menus above are NOT from the Edge. Go to :www.thepreismans.com , the reviewer attached a complete list of all the menus for each bar and dining room on the Edge.

I wonder why they categorize some products  (such as IPAs) as an "Amber Lager."   As I recall, Ales and Lagers are different products (Ale's are Top fermented while Lagers are bottom fermented).   This is not important to most who simply want a beer, but wondering why a cruise line with all of their expertise has screwed up their beer list.  IPA's are "ales" and not "lagers."    That being said, we were delighted when we discovered that the Eclipse had Dogfish Head 90!  This is not a product found on many cruise lines.

Hank

We waited until we were on board as we were also unsure about upgrading our classic package to a premium one!

We stuck with the classic, never had to pay the difference as the selection for $9 or less in each venue was superb! Although only one person in our party would class themself as a wine connoisseur and she was never disappointed with the choices!

• Like 1

This was our first trip using beverage package. We are Elite and frankly the cocktail hour was enough for us. But it was a perk. I too wondered how it worked. If you ask for a glass of chardonnay or martini or manhattan, whiskey sour or pina colada for example... no problem... it is covered... but if you order off their menu or ask for specific brand of liquor not part of the package....you will pay the difference plus 18%. At dinner, we asked for say a glass of chardonnay... we were not charged a premium... but if you look at the wine list and make a selection from that you will pay more. If you like specific brands of liquor you might want the premium package. What I did enjoy about the perk was having a nice coffee at the cafe.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jimzgoldfinch said:

What is the source of these menus? Which ship and where? The prices appear to include the 18% . Are they from the U.K. or Australia?

That particular menu was from Ensemble  Lounge on Silhouette November 2018 on a Westbound TA.   All prices are in USD.   I'm not sure how they price as we always have a Premium Beverage Package.   I mostly liked it as it showed a  list of the brands under the Classic and Premium packages. 

Edited by Jim_Iain

25 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

That particular menu was from Ensemble  Lounge on Silhouette November 2018 on a Westbound TA.   All prices are in USD.   I'm not sure how they price as we always have a Premium Beverage Package.   I mostly liked it as it showed a  list of the brands under the Classic and Premium packages. 

As the cruise was from Southampton, the prices that were shown would've  included the 18%.

Your suitcases will fit under the bed.  If you drink Martini ‘s and prefer premium alcohol and wine , upgrade.  If you don’t, as previously stated , you will pay the difference.  Depending upon how many drinks you drink per day, you decide.  Also pelligrino and special soft drinks only included in go best package.