Food to look for (or look out for)

SeaBunny

Agree with above, escargot, creme brulee, French onion soup. I also love the almond croissants and the coconut chiffon cake that you'll find at Al bacio, and they are complimentary treats oh, you don't have to order the coffee.

We always get the Chateaubriand for two in Murano and then each gets a tableside prepared lobster tail as well to create a surf and turf. One of my favorite meals anywhere!

Look for the short ribs,  meats from the carving station in the buffet, French onion soup, creme brule,  chocolate mousse, and salmon dishes.  Plus everything in Murano.

I stay away from the pies and cakes which look much better than they taste.  We also avoid the warm water lobster and pizza.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SeaBunny said:

Thanks to all!

Do you know if they offer smoked salmon at breakfast?

Yes! THis is my go-to breakfast when cruising. THey have it available in the buffet, and you can also order it in the dining rooms.

21 hours ago, SeaBunny said:

Are there any dishes that Celebrity is particularly known for? We're sailing the Eclipse soon if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

I would pass on most desserts, but the offerings at Cafe Al Bacio are the exception. Everything we tried there was good. My favorite was the Tres Leches cake. It is fluffy, creamy, not too sweet and just so good. We tried escargot for the first time on our last cruise, it was very good. Also the pizza station at the buffet is good, especially when it's fresh from the oven. They also will make you a pizza by request with the ingredients there, or anything you want to get for yourself off of the salad bar/buffet. DH and I were surprised how good the fresh pizza was. It's best during busy times when the pizza is freshly made. But really, everything we had for food and beverage was very good. We don't just cruise for the food, but our overall Celebrity experience had us booking our second Celebrity cruise this coming September. 

3 hours ago, bermadu22 said:

I would pass on most desserts, but the offerings at Cafe Al Bacio are the exception. Everything we tried there was good. My favorite was the Tres Leches cake. It is fluffy, creamy, not too sweet and just so good. We tried escargot for the first time on our last cruise, it was very good. Also the pizza station at the buffet is good, especially when it's fresh from the oven. They also will make you a pizza by request with the ingredients there, or anything you want to get for yourself off of the salad bar/buffet. DH and I were surprised how good the fresh pizza was. It's best during busy times when the pizza is freshly made. But really, everything we had for food and beverage was very good. We don't just cruise for the food, but our overall Celebrity experience had us booking our second Celebrity cruise this coming September. 

All good to know!

Noticed no one posted anything to avoid. The first thing a fellow passenger on an Azamara cruise said was, "Don't eat the onion rings. They're terrible." Of course we had to try them after that (they're simple pub grub, after all). And, they were truly terrible. Turns out the cooks pre-fry them and then re-fry when someone orders. The result is breading that has a lot in common with concrete. LOL. 

On 1/20/2019 at 2:34 PM, Fogfog said:

We really enjoy Murano. 

Not sure if this is current but it is close

http://www.beyondships.com/Celebrity-Solstice-menu-Murano.html 

Here is another one--looks current

Murano-menu-on-Celebrity-Eclipse.jpg

I notice the menu attached via picture does not have the lobster or pan seared filet... have they removed these from the menu options for Murano?

9 hours ago, DaisyFire said:

I notice the menu attached via picture does not have the lobster or pan seared filet... have they removed these from the menu options for Murano?

Am not certain. Was looking for the menu via google and there are tons of posts. Which is most current ...idk

The last time we sailed the lobster done tableside in the sauce was still available., as was the dover sole, chateaubriand for two etc...and the souffles for dessert. 

If you google through images/reviews you may find a very recent menu pic

There are many choices.  Tastes vary.  The following are my preferences.

Avoid eggs.  Every time I get eggs on Celebrity, I get sick. Great bread and pastry except for the bagels.

Some of my favorites at the Buffet are stir fry and the tuna at the sandwich bar.  Pick your ingredients and have it made for you.

Pool grill has excellent burgers and hot dogs.

MDR  Beef dishes were the best.  The salmon is good. Other fishes were not as good.  Order 1/2 portions is available.

Not on menu are baked potato, fresh fruit, cookies,and  calamari . Fresh fruit at all venues was excellent. Love the cheesecake and apple pie.

Gelato is not

Cafe Al Bacio has the best coffee and teas.  Tea Forte is outstanding. I buy it at home on line.

If you want something and it isn't on the menu, ask waiter.

• Like 1

When in doubt, I find that lamb dishes are very good.  Definitely agree on the indian/thai/mexican choices in the buffet.  Bread sticks are outstanding but recently we've been served stale ones....just send them back and ask for fresh ones....it's worth it.  Everyone likes the onion soup but it actually is quite salty....I love it, my wife abhors it.  Caesar Salad (you have to ask for anchovies) is excellent.  Both herring and smoked salmon are outstanding....unfortunately, the bagels are awful (rolls with a hole in them).  If Gravlox ever shows up, it's excellent.  ice cream is excellent.   Try the escargot....great butter/garlic sauce.  Shrimp in shrimp cocktail are generally limp...skip it.  agree with everyone...desserts in Cafe B'accio are the best.  I'm one of the few who recommend not getting the tableside lobster in Murano....it's not maine lobster...in fact avoid any lobster even on lobster night, not that it's bad, it's just not the good sweet maine lobster you can get at home.  Based on recent experience, skip the indian specialty meal ($) offered one night at the sushi restaurant...you get the same dishes at the buffet during the cruise....not worth any extra ($). Best hamburgers are at the mast grill, but don't let them reheat one or take it from pre-cooked ones....ask for one that comes right off the grill.  Ditto on the waffles....don't take the one's in the tray, get them right from the waffle iron.  if you want spicy peppers on your make your own salad, go to the mexican area for some jalapenos.  poached eggs in the made to order area of the buffet are excellent...oh yes, avoid the corned beef hash, it's really strange. 

Enjoy your cruise.... 

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

MDR  Beef dishes were the best.  The salmon is good. Other fishes were not as good.  Order 1/2 portions is available.

Not on menu are baked potato, fresh fruit, cookies,and  calamari . Fresh fruit at all venues was excellent. Love the cheesecake and apple pie.

If you want something and it isn't on the menu, ask waiter.

Good to know 1/2 portions are available.  Thanks!