AARP E-Gift Cards

DebbieMo

Just now, cloudninecat said:

Either I missed them somehow or they are already gone. I looked for them but the ecards were not there. I had to purchase the $500 card instead. 

Yup. Ecards in any amount are now gone.  They were available for 1-2 days. Hopefully they come back at some point soon. 

Just now, figgarro said:

Can you apply egiftcards to your sign and sail account onboard using the Kiosks?  

You're supposed to be able to. I had trouble with it a few cruises back so I just take mine to guest services when there isn't a line.

From the reports of points being restored to previous levels, it looks like they might be getting ready to do a mass unlocking of your accounts. Let's hope so. Good luck, y'all.

1 hour ago, MT_Sea_Cruisers said:

You are correct it is no longer there.  I just went to check and don't see $50 cards for Carnival any longer.  However I did notice that the $50 cards for celebrity are still available.

That's very odd. I don't think I've ever seen them sell $50 cards since I joined. Probably a mistake, so they quickly took them down.

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

You're supposed to be able to. I had trouble with it a few cruises back so I just take mine to guest services when there isn't a line.

Thanks, as long as I Gust services can redeem them as well, i have no worries.

On 3/27/2019 at 12:58 PM, n6uqqq said:

I think most everyone here agrees with this. I noticed today that my point total has been reduced to pre free for all number. Hopefully they will unlock it next 😉 . I can see my point total on the main aarp page but still cannot access rewards for good as of now.

My point total also reduced and still locked out. However, I had about 425 points before and now have 2800 so maybe I get points every time I check? Whatever.  Just unlock it. I don’t need any cards probably in the next year but I have 3 new codes they have mailed me to enter and too many other stresses in life right now to deal with them too.

1 hour ago, 2wheelin said:

My point total also reduced and still locked out. However, I had about 425 points before and now have 2800 so maybe I get points every time I check? Whatever.  Just unlock it. I don’t need any cards probably in the next year but I have 3 new codes they have mailed me to enter and too many other stresses in life right now to deal with them too.

Just curious these codes that get mailed to you, do they come by email?  I've never received any codes from AARP other than the 1,000 pt codes that come when you purchase gift cards.  Have seen a lot of people commenting on receiving these codes and wondering why I never get any.  

2 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

The promo codes in emails last two, maybe three weeks before they expire.

48 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

Just curious these codes that get mailed to you, do they come by email?  I've never received any codes from AARP other than the 1,000 pt codes that come when you purchase gift cards.  Have seen a lot of people commenting on receiving these codes and wondering why I never get any.  

Log into your rewards account and at the top where your username is, there's a drop-down menu. Click that and choose Newsletters. Subscribe to their email newsletters. I think the ones with the ribbons by them are the ones that give Rewards for Good points. Each promo code is worth 150 points (not much). Not all of them will have codes every time. The amount of codes I get has decreased in the last 6 months or so. I'd say I get 1-3 a week. You'll definitely get more of those newsletters without codes than with. That's why it's best to create a new, free email account to do things like this. That way these things aren't clogging up the inbox of your primary email.

2 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

Mine came with card orders. I don’t need more emails so haven’t signed up for them

I can accumulate points by logging into aarp but still cannot log in to rewards to enter promo codes or redeem. Was wondering if I needed to call them again but if others are still locked out, I’ll wait a while longer.

8 hours ago, Shamrock73 said:

WOW - not only has my account been restored but that gave me ALL my points back!!!

April Fools - still locked out

Still in AARP jail also.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Shamrock73 said:

LOL ... I just received a "We miss you" email from AARP.

Well, if you restore my account, maybe I would have a reason to return...

I am still in AARP jail also. Going to join Allstate for now.

25 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

I am still in AARP jail also. Going to join Allstate for now.

I joined shortly after getting locked out of AARP.

I have resisted the temptation of using codes posted on the forum by others and by using only codes Allstate has sent to me, I have accumulated 30,000 points to date.

16 minutes ago, Shamrock73 said:

I joined shortly after getting locked out of AARP.

I have resisted the temptation of using codes posted on the forum by others and by using only codes Allstate has sent to me, I have accumulated 30,000 points to date.

A majority of the codes posted to the forum are ones everyone gets, so I'm not concerned. The rest are ones that are a slight variation of another code, which is common with Allstate. For example, some people might get SPRING2019, whereas others would get SPRING19. Those aren't actual codes (I don't think), just examples of how they'll send out slightly different variations. But both will work on one account.

I can't believe they still haven't unlocked the accounts. I thought since some people were reporting points reappearing, they were getting ready to set y'all free. My advice would be to make another phone call, if you haven't recently.

Edited by Organized Chaos

Cruising in just 8 short days . . . Went online to AARP to grab some Carnival egift cards to bring along to use against our sign and sail . . . . and dang it . . .  wouldn't you know egift cards are no longer available 😒 .  Guess I'll have to spend my 11k points for the old fashioned receive in the mail cards and use toward  our Hawaii 2021 outstanding balance.

12 minutes ago, MT_Sea_Cruisers said:

Cruising in just 8 short days . . . Went online to AARP to grab some Carnival egift cards to bring along to use against our sign and sail . . . . and dang it . . .  wouldn't you know egift cards are no longer available 😒 .  Guess I'll have to spend my 11k points for the old fashioned receive in the mail cards and use toward  our Hawaii 2021 outstanding balance.

Are you a gambler? You can try your luck, order them now, and see if they get there before you leave in 8 days. 😁 It's not unheard of. And if they don't, you can put them towards  your other balance when you get back. Especially if you were going to buy them anyway.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 8:53 PM, coevan said:

one's plastic and one is paper, don't understand what stinks, you have to wait 2 -3 days is the only inconvenience

I'v had the mailed cards disappear--never received.

Had to wait a couple of weeks before they were replaced-my credit card wasn't credited during the "review" process. It eventually worked out, but e-cards are much, much, preferred.

2 hours ago, RRLLAL said:

ecards?

They e-mail you the card number & pin and don't charge shipping, but you don't get the bonus 1000 point ticket back.

I ordered $1000 worth at the beginning of the month after a long hiatus, and was told I'd receive tracking. I just barely caught the UPS driver tiptoeing away after putting the notice on my door this week. (6 days to completion)

I don't think I've ever had AARP email me the tracking number. I usually monitor my order details and it'll show there. I also have UPS Delivery Manager and can use that to change the delivery to a local store for pick up so I don't have to be home to sign for the package.