Behavior warning email

RNmominLA

I am sailing on Valor next week and I just received an email from Carnival regarding bad behavior and ship rules. I’ve been cruising on Carnival for years, and this is the first time I’ve ever received an email like this. Did something happen recently to prompt this? Just curious. 455F208E-CF6F-45C6-AD55-D4AB42783FEC.thumb.png.6af27ff403e0ff55b85634bef1b9b125.png

3 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

This is a first.  Not a bad reminder, IMO, but it makes me wonder what precipitated it.

maybe all of the bad press going around in the media with people jumping off the ship, drug charges and other things

• Like 1

I find it so strange that marijuana is prohibited. I take several prescribed medications and took them onboard by last cruise. Nobody even looked twice at what they were, they could’ve been all sorts of hard drugs and people do take two of these medications I take as a ‘party drug’ (though at a much higher dose than I take) so it just baffles me that something (even with a prescription?) is not allowed. 

Not that i’m really complaining. I dislike the stuff and it smells foul so the further away from me, the better (and it’s very illegal in my country) I just think it’s odd. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Most likely the increase in arrests of people taking weed onboard vs just taking it off, the big arrests on NCL this months and that ass that jumped off while his friends  videoed it..

You're probably right.  And from some of the questions asked here it seems many don't bother to read the faqs, and if they do read them they choose to disregard them.

• Like 1

Ha!!! On our last cruise, every time I sat on our balcony I could smell the waft of pot. I was infuriated. I wondered how in the world you can't get on board with booze or extension cords, but marijuana? Somehow that gets through?? This has nothing to do with whether or not it's legalized. I don't want to smell cigarettes on my balcony either. I'm glad they're addressing it. But until they have drug dogs as you're boarding, it will easily continue to get on board...

• Like 3

My cruise is this Sunday and I got a similar e mail the other day titled "Know before you go" I'll try and insert it here....

Hi Christophe,

Your vacation is right around the corner, and our great crew is excited to welcome you aboard. As you get ready to join us, we want to provide you with important information regarding your upcoming cruise. 

Thank you for completing your Online Check-in. You are on your way to a fun and memorable vacation.

Arrival Information
  • Please plan to arrive at the cruise terminal within your Arrival Appointment time. Guests who arrive outside their assigned time can expect longer wait times.
  • You will need to present a government-issued picture ID (applicable to all guests 16 years and older) and citizenship documents (including any necessary visas), so please have them at hand. While a passport may not be a required document for certain itineraries, if you have a passport, we always recommend bringing it.
  • Staterooms are available at 1:30 PM.
  • Lunch is served on Lido deck until 3:00 PM.
  • Checked luggage delivery service is only available until 2 hours before the ship's published departure time. Guests arriving after this time will be responsible for taking their bags on board.

Beverage Policy
  • Guests are not allowed to bring hard liquor, beer or bottled beverages, (e.g., water, sodas and other non-alcoholic drinks) on board. Please review our beverage policy here.
Smoking On Board
  • All staterooms and suite accommodations, including outside balconies, are NON-SMOKING. This policy applies to all forms of smoking, including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, vaporizers, electronic cigarettes and marijuana. A violation of our smoking policy will result in a $500 charge, per violation, posted to the guest’s Sail & Sign® account. Please review our Tobacco and Marijuana Smoking Policy here.
Gratuities
  • It is customary for guests to extend gratuities to the shipboard staff in appreciation for their hard work and exceptional service. To help you plan, we have provided recommended guidelines. Click here for more information.
Radios and Speakers
  • Personal devices for listening to music or watching shows/movies should be used with ear phones.

Mobility Devices 
  • For the safety of all our guests and crew, mobility devices cannot be left in hallways or other public areas. 
  • Mobility devices must be stored in the guest’s stateroom in a manner that does not block a clear and safe exit path from the stateroom. 
  • Unless you have reserved a fully accessible stateroom, mobility devices must be able to fit in a standard stateroom with a 22" entry doorway. Please click here for full details. 

Personal Safety
  • Although everyone’s safety is our number one concern, all guests should take responsibility for their own personal safety.  You’re on a moving ship, so please hold on to handrails when possible and be conscious of high thresholds when walking around.  
  • When out on deck, be mindful of wet surfaces (especially by the pool area), always wear shoes/sandals and dry-off before enjoying any of our outdoor sports equipment.  
  • If guests are traveling with children, please familiarize yourself with the rules to safely enjoy our water park and outer deck sports features.    

Now that we’ve taken care of business, you can get back to planning all the fun you’re going to have.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard for a FUN and memorable cruise vacation.  See you soon!

Sincerely,

The Carnival Liberty Fun Team

11 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

It's interesting, cruisent, that there's somewhat of a different tenor between your e-mail and the one furnished by the OP.

Maybe both are an indication that Carnival is getting more serious about enforcing its rules and regulations.

One can only hope....

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

It's interesting, cruisent, that there's somewhat of a different tenor between your e-mail and the one furnished by the OP.

Maybe both are an indication that Carnival is getting more serious about enforcing its rules and regulations.

I sure hope so, especially in regards to smoking. This will be my first balcony in almost 20 years and i'm praying I don't have puffing neighbors out there. 

38 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

This is a first.  Not a bad reminder, IMO, but it makes me wonder what precipitated it.

When we were on the Magic in July we had an incident where two early-20's guys were smoking on their balcony near us and were spitting on passengers walking by below on the Promenade deck. Then they poured an ice bucket full of water directly down onto a family walking by, soaking them. Several of us reported the incident and were asked to meet with security to provide witness statements. We had seen the guys around the ship and knew exactly what they looked like and which cabin they were in (they were 2 decks below us and had been routinely and obnoxiously drunk on their balcony). The security team said they were heading straight down to the guys' room to take care of it. Later that night, we saw the two guys in the MDR while we were waiting to be seated and the Maitre D' refused to seat them, telling them they were not allowed in the MDR. We had a port day the next day and, interestingly, we didn't see them the rest of the week. We wondered if Carnival had put them off the ship when we got to port.

I'm glad Carnival seems to be getting serious about some of the bad behaviour that has occured. I have no problem with people having a good time, but there are definitely limits that should not be crossed.  

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

I'm glad Carnival seems to be getting serious about some of the bad behaviour that has occured. I have no problem with people having a good time, but there are definitely limits that should not be crossed.  

Includes all policies:

Attire in MDR, minimum age requirements for Comedy Club and Serenity Deck, maximum age requirements for attending youth clubs, sharing drinks on Cheers, and on and on ad infinitum.

A "Double E stance" of Eliminate the rule/regulation or Enforce it would be nice.  The third "E" of Entitlement is often what seems to rule the day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bury me at sea said:

You're probably right.  And from some of the questions asked here it seems many don't bother to read the faqs, and if they do read them they choose to disregard them.

That is because they have a reason the rules don't apply to them plus a note from their mommy..

I poured over every single bit of the FAQs , cruise contracts, prohibited items, etc, etc my first couple cruises.

1 hour ago, amyj23 said:

Ha!!! On our last cruise, every time I sat on our balcony I could smell the waft of pot. I was infuriated. I wondered how in the world you can't get on board with booze or extension cords, but marijuana? Somehow that gets through?? This has nothing to do with whether or not it's legalized. I don't want to smell cigarettes on my balcony either. I'm glad they're addressing it. But until they have drug dogs as you're boarding, it will easily continue to get on board...

I have seen them more and more at POM and Port Everglades at embark.

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Most likely the increase in arrests of people taking weed onboard vs just taking it off, the big arrests on NCL this months and that ass that jumped off while his friends  videoed it..

Don't forget the big fight where several passengers were kicked off the ship.

• Like 1

I may be the minority here, but i would much rather see a couple stoners then ignorant,loud,obnoxious drunks. Alcohol causes way more damage then marijuana EVER will. I'd much rather smell the weed then puke, skunky old booze on someone or the hallway. imo

Edited by FSHLOT
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I wish they could have enforced the earbuds & music on my last cruise. Seems like every time I sat in the (legal) smoking area, a group of about 4-5 young guys showed up blasting something obnoxious on their phones. So much for sitting & listening to the ocean. When I can hear someone's music and they're 30 feet+ from me, it's way too loud!!

• Like 2