Brilliance delayed docking/boarding

jeffreys1

In Feb of 2015 we were scheduled to sail on the Brillance.

Coach Urban Meyer and the entire Ohio State football was on the ship trying to get back into Tampa.  After the ship was unable to come in for two days our cruise was cancelled and we were sent home!!

But on a good note we heard Coach Meyer and the football enjoyed their extended cruise and eating our food!!

After that experience we have been a bit hesitant to sail a lot out of Tampa.

47 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

On the ship now.  Fog was clearing and Captain advised that pilot would get on ship at 10:15, our earliest arrival would be after 2:00.  It appears to me that the fog is now heavier (just my opinion).

Have they opened some of the lounges etc?

Captain’s abbreviated name is Ande or Ante.  I just asked four employees, including a supervisor,  in WJ 

and NOBODY knows his name!

At least two movies scheduled, I think Trivia (possibly in Schooner) and game shows in Centrum.  Sorry, I live 90 minutes from Tampa but cruised with my sister from Virginia (her first cruise), so we are still working on a flight for her and not really paying attention at this time.

We are hanging out in WJ, there is a line at the bar already, here’s hoping it is free.  I am just hoping Diamond happy hour happens early today 😄

We were on Brilliance on the December 29th sailing when our departure was delayed until 12:30  PM the next day!  We were fine, eating, drinking, etc, but the next day 3 ships waiting to enter port and couldn't enter until we left. Sailed under the bridge at 2:30 and passed the Rotterdam at 3!  Sitting in port the sky was blue so hard to understand why. We missed a port but otherwise ok for us.

Just met some very pleasant women on the elevator who were able to confirm that the drink package still works.

I was wondering why there were not a lot of posters on this thread who are supposed to sail today and are stressed about the delay.  Just found out the next sailing is a full charter - Harley Davidson.

Edited to add:  ETA now 6:30 p.m.  We have to wait for a Holland America ship to leave before we can dock.  We have to leave the cabins at 1:30.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

14 hours ago, island lady said:

Fog over Tampa Bay is a continual problem.  Last month pax on Rhapsody had to spend an overnight at the pier due to fog delaying their sail away.  So...it could be worse.  😮 

Don't forget Rhapsody had to disembark in PC due to weather in the gulf in December.  

I only know one person who was happy about that. 😉😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Don't forget Rhapsody had to disembark in PC due to weather in the gulf in December.  

I only know one person who was happy about that. 😉😁

Make that two more!  😇

• Like 1

We had luggage tag 8 and disembarked about an hour into the process, got to the car at Channelside at 6:45.  It was more organized than I thought it would be; most people with checked  luggage waited in the theater where they played “Crazy Rich Asians”.  Almost everyone (staff, crew, passengers) seemed to remain in good spirits, though I am sure there were a few grouches here and there.  Overall, I was impressed with the way it was handled.  

We spent the the night at the Godfrey.  We were the sixth group to check in “with the same story” and even more had reservations.  I made a quick 4:00 a.m. trip to take my sister to the airport and am now waiting back in the hotel to watch the sun rise and head home.  My room overlooks the water and the view is just gorgeous with no fog in sight.