Live(ish) Millie HK to Singapore

Alushar

1 minute ago, Poconolady said:

Have you noticed much air polllution on this cruise. We are booked for next year in January, reverse itinerary. DH has asthma so concerned about too much “ bad air”.

We are doing the cruise in reverse next week.  We have travelled in the area before and  have not encountered polluted air in Singapore,  Hong Kong or Vietnam.  China is another story all together.  When DH was in hospital in Shanghai (don't ask!), the woman in the next room was asthmatic and had a serious attack as soon as she got off the plane.  She spent a week in the hospital then flew home.  Not a great experience for her. 

3 minutes ago, smtcan said:

We are doing the cruise in reverse next week.  We have travelled in the area before and  have not encountered polluted air in Singapore,  Hong Kong or Vietnam.  China is another story all together.  When DH was in hospital in Shanghai (don't ask!), the woman in the next room was asthmatic and had a serious attack as soon as she got off the plane.  She spent a week in the hospital then flew home.  Not a great experience for her. 

I watch HK news very often on TV,from the Background of some video the harbor seems pretty much polluted in HK.

4 hours ago, printingchick said:

Wow! Why?? 

Wish I knew.   Either someone posted a copyrighted picture or possibly a couple sites were listed as to where pictures were from, which might be in violation of not listing other websites.  

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

For some reason my thread was removed by the administrator. 

:classic_ohmy::classic_ohmy:

What? I have been following that thread for weeks during the dry dock.

VERY disappointed that it was taken down. So much helpful information and thousands of views 

QUOTE Wish I knew.   Either someone posted a copyrighted picture or possibly a couple sites were listed as to where pictures were from, which might be in violation of not listing other websites.  

Sad that if mentioning other sources meant that cc admins would take down a helpful thread... seems very "uncharitable" to say the least since the content here is all from posters...(who provide information/help for free)

Edited by Fogfog
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Poconolady said:

Have you noticed much air polllution on this cruise. We are booked for next year in January, reverse itinerary. DH has asthma so concerned about too much “ bad air”.

We haven’t noticed much in truth then again we are used to London!

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wish I knew.   Either someone posted a copyrighted picture or possibly a couple sites were listed as to where pictures were from, which might be in violation of not listing other websites.  

Was that the Summit thread? I was wondering about it myself. Maybe we can start a new one since the old one had the offending content?

Day 9 A Sea Day

after yesterday we had a minor lay in so it was MDR for brekkie. A nice omelette set me up for the day. 

It was warm warm and sunny but we decided to head for a good coffee first in Cafe Bacio and then wandered into trivia. Pythagoras (wrong answer) and our lack of knowledge of Mexican battle sites (the answer wasn’t The Alamo) knocked us off the leader board! The rest of the morning was spent reading and chatting. 

Early afternoon we headed for the theatre for the afternoon film to watch Mamma Mia 2 which was an enjoyable way of spending a couple of hours. We headed to Cellar Masters for a drink and Sea Breeze were setting up so we stayed for their set and quite a bit longer. 

It’s funny how Cellar Masters has become our go to bar, we find the Martini Bar too corridory and Cellar masters has great staff and great music and is comfortable. 

We realised we had stayed a bit a bit long and I was a bit under dressed when people in Tuxes started appearing. Another Evening Chic and again a few tuxes, a few suits, a few jackets and a lot of nothing. 

Early Theatre tonight to see Will Martin a New Zealand classical cross over artist who was great. It was interesting how the theatre was 2/3rds full to start but the jungle drums must have sounded as there was soon standing room only! 

We had reservation in Qsine and wasn’t too sure about this as we like Tuscan so much. Sharon in particular doesn’t like gimmicky things. It didn’t start off well as the waitresses explanations were rushed and the entries we made into the iPad didn’t all appear. We had no clue how much to order!

The waitress came back realised the iPad wasn’t working refreshed it and took a bit more time talking through our order. We still really weren’t sure and were talking about going to the buffet and then the food arrived! 

Wow just wow wow it was delicious. She initially brought disco shrimp (recommended by one of the ships officers to us) spring rolls and the popcorn fish. Simply lovely in particular the disco shrimp and the vegetable spring roll. 

Next up were 2 sliders. This was Sharon’s favourite just lovely with some fries/vegetable chips/ potato croquettes/ crispy waffles/ sweet potato fries. All very nice. 

Finally we had Taj Mahal a selection of Indian dishes and the Persian kebob. Simply lovely food there was a lamb Rohan Josh, a chicken tikka masala, a chickpea dish, a vegetable dish and a shrimp vindaloo. The masala was my fav. 

The desert menu was on a rubix cube type of thing and we finished with donuts and the silver bullet an ice cream berry and sorbet delicious concoction. 

It takes a lot to change Sharon’s mind but Qsine did we will be back! 

Back to Cellar Masters and Ethan was plying so we listened to that. It’s amazing how tired you get doing nothing so then the usual Cafe Bacio and bed! 

498B57F1-2B3F-48F5-A742-68A5BABEB963.jpeg

131BBEC0-E327-41C6-BCBC-A45BC025DA75.jpeg

73F3F52D-51D3-452A-A3F3-20AE0EB999B4.jpeg

0FACE4C6-4A5D-4F45-969C-F1927C42EA5D.jpeg

26422C6B-EBCD-43B2-B4D3-CD77569EDCA9.jpeg

828D2358-DB96-4650-A8D8-3AE2E498B179.jpeg

C4D1B3E3-7A60-4673-90A5-0EC2AE6257E6.jpeg

D4260CDC-0241-4476-8AA5-B3EA8D81A8AC.jpeg

9073946E-C96C-48BF-9664-12887AE75E4B.jpeg

BB215955-9DCD-49EC-BB27-C1062588C1ED.jpeg

2B94B621-5E33-4DDF-92FE-74C67CDF534F.jpeg

669E13C8-0449-48FF-8FA5-6D3EB277BA17.jpeg

EC0F7477-EA44-4118-B0BF-6C12D0662D9B.jpeg

2B047C0F-FF64-4B9A-B584-C3AC1A80E366.jpeg

9895BB0E-6430-493D-AF48-F376A600F316.jpeg

1FC7AF78-9678-4E32-BDCF-701CD47A20AD.jpeg

• Like 2

Looks like you all are having a great time.  I am thrilled with your review of Quisine.  We have reservations there the first night of our trip, looks like we made a good choice.  Thanks!  Even though it is not LPC sounds like the food is amazing.  46 more days before I fly out to NRT.  

7 minutes ago, Rina155 said:

Looks like you all are having a great time.  I am thrilled with your review of Quisine.  We have reservations there the first night of our trip, looks like we made a good choice.  Thanks!  Even though it is not LPC sounds like the food is amazing.  46 more days before I fly out to NRT.  

Hope you love it Rina we did. 46 days that will fly 😀

Thank you so much for your amazing review.

we board the millennium in May for an Alaska cruise and were very sceptical about the refurb as we were on constellation at Xmas and has heard various rumours about what they were doing tonthe millennium sonthis clarifies most things.

i understand what you mean about the CD Steve Gayda he was in at Xmas on Connie and things were timed at crazy times and we never saw him around the ship at all! 

Its great to see the pics of the public areas  we love cafe al Bacio so great to see it hasn’t changed to much. 

Hope your still having a fab time and once again thank you for taking the time to produce this. 

17 minutes ago, Lolabunny488 said:

Thank you so much for your amazing review.

we board the millennium in May for an Alaska cruise and were very sceptical about the refurb as we were on constellation at Xmas and has heard various rumours about what they were doing tonthe millennium sonthis clarifies most things.

i understand what you mean about the CD Steve Gayda he was in at Xmas on Connie and things were timed at crazy times and we never saw him around the ship at all! 

Its great to see the pics of the public areas  we love cafe al Bacio so great to see it hasn’t changed to much. 

Hope your still having a fab time and once again thank you for taking the time to produce this. 

Thanks great to hear we aren’t alone with our thoughts about Mr Gayda! Cafe Bacio is fab and the onsite music I’ve really enjoyed. 

Have a great Alaska trip it’s on my list but a bit down as Sharon’s anti going somewhere cold on hols lol!

We are having a great time, frankly we usually do but I’d say the refurbishment has enhanced it a few percent. 

• Like 1

That really sucks

I wonder if Celebrity requested they be deleted due to the negativity of some posters who just continue to repost their complaints over and over and over.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 8:27 PM, CruisinCons said:

Oh no, being advised not to eat or drink anything?? Can you at least bring water bottles & snacks from the ship?  8 hours with nothing is really a long time...I don't think my acid reflux would be very happy with that. 

After falling in love with Hoi An during a day trip from Millenium, we booked a week long stay the following year.  We certainly ate during that week😀.  I think the ship are being risk averse.  There are many many restaurants and cafes in Vietnam where it's perfectly safe to eat. Just use  common sense as you would at home and choose clean looking places. There's nobody fussier than my husband and even he felt safe eating there.  We can certainly recommend a street cafe in the open air food court run by Mrs Hay

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g298082-d7110388-Reviews-Mrs_Hay-Hoi_An_Quang_Nam_Province.html

Edited by suekay
Auto correct

18 minutes ago, suekay said:

After falling in love with Hoi An during a day trip from Millenium, we booked a week long stay the following year.  We certainly ate during that week😀.  I think the ship are being risk averse.  There are many many restaurants and cafes in Vietnam where it's perfectly safe to eat. Just use  common sense as you would at home and choose clean looking places. There's nobody fussier than my husband and even he felt safe eating there.  We can certainly recommend a street cafe in the open air food court run by Mrs Hay

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g298082-d7110388-Reviews-Mrs_Hay-Hoi_An_Quang_Nam_Province.html

We also loved Hoi An, even though it looks more spectacular with the sun shining (it poured with rain the day we visited on Millie). Our eldest DS said that it would be a place he’d love to return to. Still have the top I purchased at one of the local stores 😉.

2 hours ago, jazzmanfive said:

Hi

Thanks for posting this review, its a great help in knowing what to expect.

Will be on the millie on the 16th March, can not wait!

Jazzman

Great enjoy we will be looking to come back to the Millie though our next 2 are on Equinox  and Connie 

Day 11 Sea Day

Second Sea day in a row started off with breakfast in MDR. We were early so caught much of the meditation session in the Rendevous Lounge must day the speaker has just the right voice for this sort of presentation. 

Trivia was to follow and I popped to the toilet. I really wasn’t too long but when i got back they were on question 14 out of 15 they were clearly in a rush to be somewhere. 

We then read and chatted until lunch which we decided to go to the MDR for. Big mistake. The place was full, no surprise second Sea day and we were placed on a table for two next to a dalek table on the side with 2 other table to out inside. Our table was so close to the dalek that it was impossible for the waiter to serve them without leaning over us or asking us to move. The people on the table couldn’t get out when they wanted without asking us to move. 

We asked for butter when the bread was brought and had to ask twice more before any was brought. We at no time was approached by a drink server though I did spot one having a lovely 20 minute conversation with a couple obviously it’s gwtting close to envelope time! 

The food was ok but the whole experience was spoilt. Of course for the first lunch ever there was no manager to be seen they were probably talking to the other drinks servers. After that we wanted some calm and spent some time in our room and on our balcony and I succumbed to an afternoon nap. 

We went down for the early Theatre tonight a production show called iBroadway. As it says on the tin songs from a number of Broadway shows including Les Mis, Jersey Boys, Hairspray, South Pacific, West side story and an Andrew Lloyd Webb melody. 

We generallyavoid the production shows as we have found them poor quality in the past. This one was passible with the lead blonde female singer standing out, she had a superb voice and her version of Memories was excellent. 

Off to MDR for dinner and a better seating in our usual area. We had the seafood bisque and salt cod to start and chicken and lamb for mains. The MDR was quiet so we were served quite quickly. 

We then went to Cellar Masters were Shanty was playing and was excellent. 

We popped up to the pool were Mr Gayda had scheduled a full moon party (full moon was 19th). To quote the American gentleman I came down in the lift with “so that’s been arranged for 50 people out of 2000. Doesn’t he realise we all have long trips to Bangkok tomorrow!” Not just me then! 

Back to Cafe  Bacio (I probablyfont need to say this anymore they don’t ask for our cards now!). 

Bangkok tomorrow!

8DD03EC7-0F22-4358-83F9-E6CA8742D8D3.jpeg

EFBCE4E9-DC1D-4568-8C18-36CD38F37FC3.jpeg

BCEF4579-EB08-4903-8A8D-1CD8E1325F7F.jpeg

1437C6F4-242B-4380-8C9B-031138BB0B27.jpeg

3B32604C-98D5-456B-BA71-4EC20CC6301F.jpeg

E7C1C80A-A3DB-493A-8886-4C9CDE937784.jpeg

4F896054-266B-497D-B730-DE88A0C69612.jpeg

A55B904F-E15A-41E0-9ADD-9B5105A3A4E3.jpeg

E2393BD7-0C2F-4F37-BEA1-935477CBE452.jpeg

7 hours ago, Alushar said:

We then read and chatted until lunch which we decided to go to the MDR for. Big mistake. The place was full, no surprise second Sea day and we were placed on a table for two next to a dalek table on the side with 2 other table to out inside.

I'm hoping this is a British thing and not my own ignorance, but could you please explain what a dalek table is? Maybe it's a ship/cruise term I'm unfamiliar with?

5 hours ago, tomservo said:

Did you happen to get any more info about QSine/LPC? Specifically on whether or not the venue will completely change into Le Petit Chef, or if they will have both (or alternate). Thanks!

We are wondering the same.  We have a Japan cruise booked on Millie for April 2020.  Really hoping that Qsine is still an option.  It is our favourite Celebrity restaurant.  We got off the Silhouette a few days ago and Qsine has been replaced with LPC....we didn't go...too expensive.  For same price we went to Lawn Club Grill twice (30% discount).