JS not really a suite?

Bee Guy

Our preferred cabin type is a spacious balcony, but on our recent Vision cruise  balconies were not available so we decided to try a JS.  Our impression was that we would stick with the spacious balcony.  If we were to try a JS on a larger ship would it be any different than a JS on the Vision?

Just now, suesnake2002 said:

Double points in js

I understand that, but I was mostly just interested in the features/perks of the room itself.  We will reach D+ on our next cruise and have no expectation of (or desire to) reach the top level.  At my age, I no longer even buy green bananas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

I understand that, but I was mostly just interested in the features/perks of the room itself.  We will reach D+ on our next cruise and have no expectation of (or desire to) reach the top level.  At my age, I no longer even buy green bananas.

JS perks on VIsion:

Bathtub 
Tea kettle and coffee maker
Bathroom amenities
Robes
Extra C&A point per night
Silver Seapass card (no purpose other than distinctive color).

Jr suites are a nice size, about half again larger than a regular balcony cabin. They have a large walk in closet, bathtub, easy chair ,  plus two loungers on the balcony in addition to two regular chairs and a table.  We just had one on the Freedom and booked another on the Allure in April.

1 hour ago, Bee Guy said:

Our preferred cabin type is a spacious balcony, but on our recent Vision cruise  balconies were not available so we decided to try a JS.  Our impression was that we would stick with the spacious balcony.  If we were to try a JS on a larger ship would it be any different than a JS on the Vision?

On an Oasis class ship, the JS is 287 sq. ft. with an 80 sq. ft balcony. On a Vision class ship, the sizes are 241 and 64. The largest JS cabins are on Freedom class ships at ~310 sq ft, but the balconies on that class are a bit smaller. Perks are the same on both classes of ship with the exception of availability for dinner in Coastal Kitchen on Oasis class ships.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

JS perks on VIsion:

Bathtub 
Tea kettle and coffee maker
Bathroom amenities
Robes
Extra C&A point per night
Silver Seapass card (no purpose other than distinctive color).

And Coastal Kitchen on larger ships.  That's it? The coffee maker we did enjoy.

29 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

I may have to look at a JS on a larger ship.  Not sure when that will be as we already have 13 cruises scheduled through fall of 2020.

Wow, you have us beat:classic_smile:. We only have 10 booked through fall 2020. I think our favorite JS so far has been on Oasis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bee Guy said:

Not sure, but don't think we had that on the Vision  JS.

On Vision class, there is no walk in closet, except maybe in aft JS.  We always stay in JS and on Vision class, it's a standard closet, although there is more storage overall in a JS than a balcony cabin.

1 hour ago, BND said:

On Vision class, there is no walk in closet, except maybe in aft JS.  We always stay in JS and on Vision class, it's a standard closet, although there is more storage overall in a JS than a balcony cabin.

Sorry..no walk in closet on aft JS either Vision.

We are on Vision in May with friends.  We have the 2 deck 8 corner aft JS's.  Videos online show no walk-in closet.

We usually get JS cabins for the extra room, tub and closet (not this time).  Not really concerned about suite perks and since we don't cruise with more that 2 in a cabin (even the kids got their own cabin) the extra space for the money to upgrade to a real suite is not worth it for us.

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

Sorry..no walk in closet on aft JS either Vision.

I thought I remembered someone mentioning it one time. No biggie since we'll never do an aft cabin.  Too much motion when the seas are rough.  But, we do love our JS.

We had an aft JS on Splendour years ago.  It wasn't much bigger than a standard balcony on the bigger ships, but the tub/shower combo was nice.

And the view of the wake was gorgeous.

It did vibrate big time when pulling into and out of port.

21 minutes ago, BND said:

I thought I remembered someone mentioning it one time. No biggie since we'll never do an aft cabin.  Too much motion when the seas are rough.  But, we do love our JS.

This will be our first aft cabin. Rooms got great reviews and huge wrap around balconies. It will be our friend’s first cruise and hope not too much movement.