Charge for second entree?

4 minutes ago, ditmar2007 said:

I can see that. When you are staying in a hotel it's just waste. You have no-where to put it. 

We hates it!!!

Off-topic, but next time you stay in the US, try Airbnb.  We've been in one the whole winter with a small apartment to ourselves, and visited family for a few days last week in another Airbnb with kitchen privileges.  I'm beginning to think I will not be using hotels in the future.

1 minute ago, pcur said:

Off-topic, but next time you stay in the US, try Airbnb.  We've been in one the whole winter with a small apartment to ourselves, and visited family for a few days last week in another Airbnb with kitchen privileges.  I'm beginning to think I will not be using hotels in the future.

Not a bad idea

MDR's serve crappy food so people will upgrade to specialty dining.. Food use to be the bomb, no matter which cruise line you sailed on. From my PERSONAL experience, Royal starting making crappy food first.....! Coincidence that this is about the same time that specialty dining started coming out?! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Edited by klfhngr
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

Interesting. A few here have it. Americans are notoriously large orderers of food, I am in the business, but we are also large complainers so many restaurants are not up for the fight.:classic_cool:

Sorry, but not ALL Americans order LARGE amounts of food. Are the portions at some American restaurants large? Yes! But when we visit one of those restaurants, we share, or take some home for leftovers.Also, a lot of times at a fast food restaurant I order a kids meal! LOL! It’s cheaper and just the right amount of food for me, anyway. Do a lot of Americans over indulge? Yes! But not ALL!

• Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 9:16 AM, CarpeCerevisi said:

If you believe it's about reducing waste as opposed to revenue I have a vast array of bridges over the East and Harlem Rivers I can sell you.

Absolutely!  Coming soon: UEP.  the Ultimate Entree Plan. For 15.99 pp/pn, order as many entrees as you'd like. Exludes Speciality restaurants,  breakfast and lunch.  😊

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Not presently.

I wonder if that'll change if-and-when they adopt HALs new trial policy.  

Technically, I am wasting food although it's not because I'm a glutton.  

I wonder just how much food is being wasted by people not eating their second entree?

5 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Heard the ignore feature works well 👍

Somehow you've gotten anointed the #1 Royal UN-cheerleader.  

For that reason alone,  i could never put you on ignore.  😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, klfhngr said:

MDR's serve crappy food so people will upgrade to specialty dining.. Food use to be the bomb, no matter which cruise line you sailed on. From my PERSONAL experience, Royal starting making crappy food first.....! Coincidence that this is about the same time that specialty dining started coming out?! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I've never found the food in the specialty restaurants to be all that amazing so if that is their nefarious scheme they aren't succeeding. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I wonder if that'll change if-and-when they adopt HALs new trial policy.  

Technically, I am wasting food although it's not because I'm a glutton.  

I wonder just how much food is being wasted by people not eating their second entree?

Don't think so, unless Carnival & Costa Hal's sister companies & NCL adopt the policy.  If this policy is to eliminate waste, then they should also be a limit of 1 roast beef sandwich at Park Café, 1 slice of pizza at Sorrento's, & elimination of breakfast/lunch buffets in MDR.:classic_rolleyes:

PS.  You should have been around when the cruise lines had nightly midnight buffets.

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, nelblu said:

PS.  You should have been around when the cruise lines had nightly midnight buffets.

Yeah,  i missed that.  First cruise was in 2008 and they had pretty much eliminated it.  I was only on one cruise that had a midnight buffet and it was more of a cheese and chocolate affair.  I remember thinking there was a lot of waste food then too.  

10 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Google it.  A few months ago there was a news item that hidden cameras were in place at certain BNB establishments.

Ahh - thanks. It probably didn't reach Denmark.

I guess they would be utterly disappointed when watching the footage 🙂

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:36 AM, ATC cruiser said:

They say this is a way to reduce waste. I’d be willing to bet that the vast majority of waste comes from the buffet, not the MDR.

Totally agree.....the buffet is where the majority of 'wasted' food comes from.  This is not to 'reduce waste' as they are trying to sell the public, but about making more $$ on the bottom line....and maybe even the first step in removing a FREE MDR......?????

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Google it.  A few months ago there was a news item that hidden cameras were in place at certain BNB establishments.

I believe there was a camera found in a ships cabin as well

5 hours ago, ditmar2007 said:

I have never eaten at a US restaurant where I didn't get served a very large portion.
I don't know if the other customers finish the servings. I couldn't.

My experience is not very broad - I've spent approximately a month in the US as an adult.

I agree. I've been in the US my whole life, and I cannot remember a time when the portions were not big. Once you get used to that, then they do not seem that big... which is part of my problem. 🙄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Absolutely!  Coming soon: UEP.  the Ultimate Entree Plan. For 15.99 pp/pn, order as many entrees as you'd like. Exludes Speciality restaurants,  breakfast and lunch.  😊

Is that the on board price or the fake 20% off or buy one get one 50% off price?

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Is that the on board price or the fake 20% off or buy one get one 50% off price?

That is full price, the BOGO50OFF will be $20.99 for the first guest and $10.49 for the second guest. 🙄

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

I try not to generalize a whole society! For example when in mexico about five years ago . We were on wave runners a tour! we went for a swim...i could not get back on wave runner for the life of me,hubby was on the other side  and could not reach me in time! scummy tour operator pretended I was drowning so he could cop a feel! What he got from me was a knee in the groin! Hard drinking, loud kid from Scottland jump on and over about six jet skis and pulled me out of the water! This kid saw what was happening. This kid was  loud and my savior! He pulled me up with one hand!!  He was on vacation having fun and I will always remember him! I try not to generalize! I don't think all people from scottland drink alot and are very strong! Just like all americans do not eat alot

🙂

I was not generalizing , no where did I say all. Notorious is based on an infamous pattern of behavior.  

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Will  I be charged if I don't like my first entree, send it back and order a second?  

That was my first thought. Why wouldn't a guest simply say they did not care for the first, in order to get a free second one? 

7 hours ago, rkkunk said:

Sorry, but not ALL Americans order LARGE amounts of food. Are the portions at some American restaurants large? Yes! But when we visit one of those restaurants, we share, or take some home for leftovers.Also, a lot of times at a fast food restaurant I order a kids meal! LOL! It’s cheaper and just the right amount of food for me, anyway. Do a lot of Americans over indulge? Yes! But not ALL!

Who said all? Not me. And I commented on over ordering which is vastly different from overeating. Bc of the aforementioned doggy bag, we tend to order many courses with the assumption we will take the rest home and eat it later. American portions are larger than most other countries.

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Will  I be charged if I don't like my first entree, send it back and order a second?  

Is this a normal thing to do in your culture? Where I come from I would expect to pay for both.