Most and Least pushiest ports you've been to

matymil

20 hours ago, matymil said:

My question is; what is the most and least pushiest ports you have visited in the Caribbean? Obviously the private islands don't count 🙂 

22 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

These ports are not in the Caribbean but they are my pushiest and least ports so far.

If we can add ports outside the Caribbean, Marmaris, Side and Alanya in Turkey will be on my list.

We have not been to any of these ports in years, guess we went when it was more pleasant... we generally don't follow the crowd/tours... so don't recall any really bad experiences anywhere.    Guess we have been lucky. 

1 hour ago, GeeDunk said:

The Post was best/worst Ports.

Did not specify area of the World.

Sooo, I posted my worst (by far) Port.:classic_biggrin:

Yes, the OP did specify area of the world. Here's the direct question from his post -

My question is; what is the most and least pushiest ports you have visited in the Caribbean? 

1 hour ago, Texas Tillie said:

Yes, the OP did specify area of the world. Here's the direct question from his post -

My question is; what is the most and least pushiest ports you have visited in the Caribbean? 

Thanks for the reminder the OP did specify Caribbean!  

Please, everyone .... Let's only reply to what we think - best/worst - on pushy vendors in Caribbean ports 

Most Jamaica.  I was scared coming out of  Falls.  I had a guy follow me  trying to sell me stuff. I keep telling him no thank you.  He got in my face and called me rude. I told him I was late getting to my ride.  Cabo the vendors the dock were real pushy .

Least Bermuda Grand Cayman

1 hour ago, OCruisers said:

Thanks for the reminder the OP did specify Caribbean!  

Please, everyone .... Let's only reply to what we think - best/worst - on pushy vendors in Caribbean ports 

They didn't specify that they had to be a vender, the question was -

what is the most and least pushiest ports you have visited in the Caribbean? 

So they may have wanted the ports where tugs are required listed as well😋

• Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:09 PM, CoolOne56 said:

I say Jamaica is the worse also.  The least - Aruba.

Aruba was pretty good. We went directly to our excursion and on the way back the Scientology ship was docked next to ours...and I was a tad drunk so I was to busy yelling at it to even notice lol! 

1 minute ago, matymil said:

Aruba was pretty good. We went directly to our excursion and on the way back the Scientology ship was docked next to ours...and I was a tad drunk so I was to busy yelling at it to even notice lol! 

The Scientology ship was there when we got back!!! 

20 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

They didn't specify that they had to be a vender, the question was -

what is the most and least pushiest ports you have visited in the Caribbean? 

So they may have wanted the ports where tugs are required listed as well😋

Yeah; ive been to a few ports in Canada and in US and its non exisisant there. 

16 hours ago, Kristi Williamson said:

Most: Antiqua. We always do an excursion there after learning our lesson the hard way. My husband actually had to be rude. They were literally blocking our way so we couldn't get around them, even after politely telling them, "No, thank you." 

Least: Cozumel and St. Marteen

St. Marteen is a weird one for me because youre right. The port is fine but while on our excursions they were relentless. I forget what beach we were at but we bought lounger chairs for afew bucks and they were so bad that after awhile I just went back by the bar. They even hounded us while we were in the water. 

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:02 AM, hotsauce126 said:

I don't think it's really fair to count American ports like Key West and Puerto Rico 

Why not? One of the pushiest towns I have been to is New York. The people trying to sell sightseeing tours around Times Square were very pushy so it felt like Nassau!

51 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

Why not? One of the pushiest towns I have been to is New York. The people trying to sell sightseeing tours around Times Square were very pushy so it felt like Nassau!

I've never been but I've heard stories about the people who dress up as comic book characters and want you to pay them for pictures.

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I've never been but I've heard stories about the people who dress up as comic book characters and want you to pay them for pictures.

Some places are over the top with people doing this sort of thing. I ignore them as they are just fiction to me.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Yes that is true. They are right in the middle of time square and they are very aggressive. They do the old, do you want to take a picture then ask you for money trick.