We have a middle aft hump room on Equinox. Is it worth a $50 upgrade to Aqua class?

kimberpuppy

We have a great middle hump room (2c) on the 6th deck.   Our TA just called us and said we can upgrade to an Aqua Class for $50 each ($100).   We are Diamond on RCCL, but this is our first Celebrity.   From what I read, Blu is worth the upgrade, but seems like we are really gambling on what Aqua Class room we receive.    For those who have been on the Equinox, should we stick with a middle hump balcony, or roll the dice?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by kimberpuppy

For us, it would definitely be worth it.   

I would suggest though that there can be some AQ rooms I would not want on Equinox, for instance, any deck 11 AQ room below the treadmills (fitness center), 1141-1153 odd which are below the Aqua Spa Cafe and kitchen.

We had been offered a cheap upgrade years ago but the room had exterior cleaning equipment in front of the view.  So check out the location of the room.  There ARE bad cabins in Aqua.

The advantage of Blu is that it is a quieter dining venue.  The menu is more limited than the MDR in terms of selections.    We enjoy the food there but head to a Specialty Restaurant or Buffet on a couple of nights when we do not care for the menu.

3 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

Be very careful with stateroom choice, some very poor ones in AQ which is the reason for the "clever" marketing. Blu is over rated anyway.

Absolutely correct.  As good as it might be in Blu, there are more poor or marginal cabin locations than good cabin locations.  I would not move without knowing the cabin location.

Pinnacle on RCI and just off our fourth X cruise. We did aqua class for the first time. For that price I would go with aqua. Dining for breakfast and dinner in Blu is much nicer than the MDR. Smaller, quieter venue, outstanding service and very good food for the most part. However, you should be able to choose your cabin and do not get one under a noisy deck, i.e. pool, gym, buffet, etc. 

Unless you know which Aqua room you will have and it is comparable, I would stay with the room that you already know that you like.

We are frequent Celebrity cruisers and last Fall upgraded to Aqua for the first time to see what it was like. We were totally underwhelmed and would never spend to upgrade there again. 

23 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Our prices have dropped a lot. I could have for free an Aqua Class for the price of the balcony I've already paid (past the final payment). I don't like the Aqua's locations, and friends who have been in Aqua for Blu didn't care for it...

Instead upgrading from regular balcony to AQ which is about the price as we orignally paid for, we upgraded to Concierge with the location we like and added 2 perks for a small cost. The Concierge cabin by itself has the price dropped below my original balcony booking (without perks). Adding the 2 perks making it $240 more per room but I got $350 OBC back plus Classic Beverage Package for 2. I need to purchase the internet package anyway, so now I can use the OBC for it and actually saved some money and receive more benefit with the upgrade.

59 minutes ago, Tourist1292 said:

Instead upgrading from regular balcony to AQ which is about the price as we orignally paid for, we upgraded to Concierge with the location we like and added 2 perks for a small cost. The Concierge cabin by itself has the price dropped below my original balcony booking (without perks). Adding the 2 perks making it $240 more per room but I got $350 OBC back plus Classic Beverage Package for 2. I need to purchase the internet package anyway, so now I can use the OBC for it and actually saved some money and receive more benefit with the upgrade.

Well, I "bit the bullet" and upgraded for free to a C2 excellent location, right on the hump. Kept the OBC, lost the free grats. Doing the happy dance.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Well, I "bit the bullet" and upgraded for free to a C2 excellent location, right on the hump. Kept the OBC, lost the free grats. Doing the happy dance.

I also upgraded mine to C2 in the hump with one of the largest balcony. Enjoy the embarkation lunch at MDR.

Edited by Tourist1292

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks.

Personally, I don't find the Concierge embarkation lunch hours very appealing (11.30-13.00).

I think those hours should be longer, at least until 14.00.:classic_angry:

For us from mid-west, it is pretty late already. I have read that it last through around 13:30. Hopefully, the concierge check-in line would get us on the ship earlier. Anyway, the room would be ready around 1pm.