over 55 discount

9 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

There is no standard "senior discount".  It's rare that a sailing is offering them, always has been.  Regardless whatever the current "sale" is.

That's also true on other lines as well. I was so happy to turn 55 expecting to get a discounted cruise. Here I am 3 years older and no discounts. I may as well be 45.  The residents discount seems to be non existent in the Northeast as well.  

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

There is no standard "senior discount".  It's rare that a sailing is offering them, always has been.  Regardless whatever the current "sale" is.

We got a senior discount several years ago on a specific cruise/date and saved quite a bit....haven't seen any offerings in quite awhile.

27 minutes ago, lighthousedeb said:

Why does the over 55 discount not apply on the new rates ( buy one get second half off).  In the fine print it says it does, but online it doesn't come up. 

The over 55 discount has never materialised when I have checked prices.

We always sail balcony or above cabin so get the D+ balcony discount anyway.

Turning 55 next yr, couple cruises I checked on was like $20-25 off on 14-15 nite cruises. Not alot but I'll take anything. Been lucky on 2-3 cruises last couple yrs with military discounts. Though hard to find they were for hundreds off. Like with all Discounts check with/without see how much actually worth

Edited by ONECRUISER

26 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We got a senior discount several years ago on a specific cruise/date and saved quite a bit....haven't seen any offerings in quite awhile.

Same here, plus no residency discounts either.

11 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Same here, plus no residency discounts either.

I've actually seen a few (RCI) lately but the savings was next to nothing for Calif. residents and no itinerary/dates I'm interested in going to.

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I actually got a resident discount on my May 3 night Harmony cruise

Of course you did ... Florida residents get offered the most it seems.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ladytaekwondo said:

I was looking forward to turning 55 next year.......sad me....I thought it was a standard thing.

Well shoot, I told DH he was my one since he'll get there before I will and I was using him for future savings 🙂  Just kidding, he's worth it even if no extra perks when he/we get there!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

Just like there's no standard "Residency Discount."

15 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Well, I'm glad someone is getting a discount.🙂

I've been doing some mock bookings lately and on some itineraries , at least out of Bayonne, there's indications of "Kids sail free" and or "NJ residency discount" right upfront before selecting the specific ship, itinerary and date.

close clear all

cruises to
  • any destination
navigate_next
Sailing from
  • any departure port
navigate_next
Leaving
any date
navigate_next
Select Ship(s)
navigate_next

Filter by:
addclear 2-5 Nights

addclear 6-8 Nights

addclear 9-11 Nights

addclear 12+ Nights

addclear New Jersey Resident Specials

12 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I was just looking at a Fall sailing for Freedom and it did show a Florida resident discount. 

Is the Freedom out of San Juan, and if so, they also had/have a NJ residency discount.  Just wondering if it applies to all States.

54 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I was just looking at a Fall sailing for Freedom and it did show a Florida resident discount. 

I swear they pay Florida residents to take a cruise. My SIL scored a 7 day cruise on Princess last March in the heart of spring break. interior room for $199 pp. If she didn’t show me the invoice I wouldn’t have believed it.

• Like 3

We got the 55+ discount on the Spectrum Dubai to Singapore plus Buy 1 Get 60% off the 2nd and $75 OBC.....at that price we couldn't afford NOT to go!!!

But I agree they are few and far between.