(another) FTTF question :)

matymil

1 hour ago, ABQrobin said:

So I am not allowed to have an opinion?  Thanks.  Haven't seen your awesome posts here on CC in awhile.  

My opinion does matter...  and I was telling the OP that it doesn't help that much with priority tendering as most of the tenders are big enough so that people get to the island within 15-20 minutes.  No need to pay extra just to get the same place everyone else is going.  

Maybe if you are answer the question, which you DID NOT. 

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:59 AM, Schoifmom said:

Good thing that the OP didn't ask your opinion on the relative value of FTTF.  It is just that ... relative.

We are going to be traveling with a 16 month old so the capability to board the tender early is crucial for us.

Thank you for all the responses however the question wasn't if it is worth it because I feel like that question gets asked in here on a semi regular basis plus I have gotten FTTF in the past.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 6:27 PM, ABQrobin said:

So I am not allowed to have an opinion?  Thanks.  Haven't seen your awesome posts here on CC in awhile.  

My opinion does matter...  and I was telling the OP that it doesn't help that much with priority tendering as most of the tenders are big enough so that people get to the island within 15-20 minutes.  No need to pay extra just to get the same place everyone else is going.  

But that's not what you said.  You said it wasn't worth it.  As other's have mentioned, there are many other perks that come with the FTTF, not just priority tender.  Access to dedicated CS line, priority debarkation which makes leaving much easier and faster for those traveling long distances.  And don't forget priority embarkation as well as early access to the room, which many with toddlers would find useful.

On 4/3/2019 at 11:35 PM, matymil said:

Now that the prices went up, I just wanted to double check on this before I made the $89.99 purchase for Faster to the Fun. We have HMC on our cruise and I wanted to see if FTTF has priority for the tenders also. I googled it and checked their site and could not find anything. We will have an infant with us and are leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale. Thanks!

I'm a cheapskate so I don't pay for what I don't need, so in case you don't know, if you are on a Carnival excursion, you will get priority debarkation at the ports where you have an excursion, so if that is your only reason to pay for FTTF,  you don't need it.  It's certainly your business, but to me, $89.99 is still a good bit of money, so I just wanted to throw that in.  

On 4/4/2019 at 9:03 AM, Sabalon said:

Another thing about the priority tendering - excursions will also be priority.  So if you think you absolutely must be on the first tender out, you may be surprised.  Conversely, if you're getting it just for tender priority and plan on taking excursions in tendered ports, may not be as much of a value or need.     But if when you're ready to go as are the general masses, then you're not having to wait, which is nice.  

Great point.  Should have read all the way through before I posted.  I made this point. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 10:14 AM, moondog73 said:

Way to add zero value to the question!!!  Not sure why people can't simply answer the question without giving opinions.

To the OP, definitely worth it as you get to see all the disgusted looks on the faces of people waiting in line.  More beach time to enjoy for you!!!

Why are people so offended by this subject?  Every thread on this gets snarky.  It's not a sin to point out why it MIGHT not be a requirement for everyone.  $89.99 is still a bit of money for some people.  Nothing wrong with sharing that with newbies.  

3 hours ago, LuckyStar said:

Why are people so offended by this subject?  Every thread on this gets snarky.  It's not a sin to point out why it MIGHT not be a requirement for everyone.  $89.99 is still a bit of money for some people.  Nothing wrong with sharing that with newbies.  

Honestly, it's because on every FTTF thread, even if the OP isn't asking for an opinion (and this one wasn't), people have to chime in with the buy/don't buy discussion.  In this case, she simply wanted the answer to a question, not everyone's opinion on the value of FTTF.  I'm a firm believer that the value is relative to the purchaser.  Give them the facts and then let them decide if it is "worth it."  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

Honestly, it's because on every FTTF thread, even if the OP isn't asking for an opinion (and this one wasn't), people have to chime in with the buy/don't buy discussion.  In this case, she simply wanted the answer to a question, not everyone's opinion on the value of FTTF.  I'm a firm believer that the value is relative to the purchaser.  Give them the facts and then let them decide if it is "worth it."  

1000% agree and yes people do get offended by this subject which is why I didn't ask if its worth it because nobody can make that decision besides the person buying it.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2019 at 2:22 PM, Cruisegirl70 said:

We recently came back from a cruise that did not tender but still found it to be of great value for the same reasons I see that traveling with an infant would add even more value.

Embarkation: From the time we were dropped off for the ship until we boarded the boat took about 15 minutes. We arrived at the port around 10:50 am and were in our room relaxing on our balcony before 11:30 am.  We skipped many lines. 

Debarkation: We were told to be in the lounge at 7:30. Had to wait with others maybe twenty minutes for the ship to be cleared but was in an area that was comfortable and they even had some pastries and juice set out. We go the clearance at about 7:45 am and was off the ship, found our luggage (did not do self-debarkation)., cleared customs, and boarding the van to take us back to our car by 8:05 am. Those who were not FTTF or diamond/platinum zones were not set to be called until 8:30 am. 

I know many people who did not have FTTF have stated on the boards they had small lines and waits but if it were me I would not want to take the chance with a little one whose patience level can be tricky.  Access to a room for one to take a nap or just to put down all the stuff you have to travel with, especially with a small one is a HUGE bonus. I have enough problems dealing with the patience level of my DH let alone any smaller children 😉 .  

Just curious, what port were you at?

1 hour ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Just curious, what port were you at?

Not trying to butt in, just wanted to say we had a similar experience as Cruisegirl70 last year in Miami (on Glory). We had FTTF and got dropped off at the terminal around 10am. We had to wait outside in the priority line for maybe 10 minutes before they opened the doors. Security and check-in took about 10-15 min. from the time we walked in the door. Then straight to the priority waiting area. They started boarding around 11:00, I'd say. All I know is, we put our carry-ons in our cabins, waited a minute while our steward sorted out everyone's S&S cards, headed up to Lido for lunch, and were done eating by 11:25. I made sure to check the time. LOL I have seen some people say things have been going a little slower recently, especially on the two Vista class ships. I'm hoping by the time we're on Horizon next year, they've got it smoothed out.

On 4/4/2019 at 8:01 PM, kona_wahine said:

Maybe if you are answer the question, which you DID NOT. 

Hi

...and yet neither of your posts respond to the OP specifically. It does look like you are more interested in responding to the comments of others. So, it would seem to be an open forum of opinions and comments, and like most opinions, we don't all agree. Within reason, we should be allowed to express them. This site allows you to voice your opinion to the moderators if you feel any comment is out of line. I am sure you are aware of this, without being told.

11 hours ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

...and yet neither of your posts respond to the OP specifically. It does look like you are more interested in responding to the comments of others. So, it would seem to be an open forum of opinions and comments, and like most opinions, we don't all agree. Within reason, we should be allowed to express them. This site allows you to voice your opinion to the moderators if you feel any comment is out of line. I am sure you are aware of this, without being told.

And yet you take the time to call me out and you do the exact thing you are calling me out on.... maybe you should have voiced your opinion to the moderators or just moved on. 

On 4/4/2019 at 3:27 PM, ABQrobin said:

Wow!!!!   That is so not true.  Two Words.  Grand Cayman.  We did not have FTTF or any priority boarding and had a horrible, horrible, horrible tender experience.  By the time we finally got to shore we didn't even have time to leave the port area.  It was ridiculous.  

44 minutes ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

Wow!!!!   That is so not true.  Two Words.  Grand Cayman.  We did not have FTTF or any priority boarding and had a horrible, horrible, horrible tender experience.  By the time we finally got to shore we didn't even have time to leave the port area.  It was ridiculous.  

We have been to Grand Cayman twice, did not have FTTF or any priority, stood in line with everyone else, and still made it to shore with at least 30 minutes to spare before meeting for our excursions.  Did our excursions and made it back to port in time to shop a little before getting back in line for tender.  Both times.