Kings Wharf in Bermuda will it be done by next week ?

JCMass.

We are traveling on the Gem in May out of Boston to Bermuda, we have been watching the construction of the new pier at Kings Wharf on the Dockyard Webcam.  This is where the Gem is scheduled to dock.  There are still large cranes there, and the building was torn down.   The Gem will leave Boston for Bermuda next Friday, it doesn't look like the construction will be done by then.

Has anyone heard anything about the project ?   

Edited by JCMass.

Per the port schedule, the Gem is still schedule to dock at King's Wharf, starting April 14th.

The first ships scheduled to dock at King's Wharf this season is the Carnival Pride, on April 10th-12th. I'd recommend you check the camera on that date. 

17 minutes ago, dcipjr said:

Per the port schedule, the Gem is still schedule to dock at King's Wharf, starting April 14th.

The first ships scheduled to dock at King's Wharf this season is the Carnival Pride, on April 10th-12th. I'd recommend you check the camera on that date. 

They don't always update the port schedule in a timely fashion, so you can't rely on it to provide the most current information.

By the way, they don't have to reconstruct the customs building in order make the dock usable.  If the pier supports, decking and mooring points have been completed the pier could be used .

1 hour ago, JCMass. said:

We are traveling on the Gem in May out of Boston to Bermuda, we have been watching the construction of the new pier at Kings Wharf on the Dockyard Webcam.  This is where the Gem is scheduled to dock.  There are still large cranes there, and the building was torn down.   The Gem will leave Boston for Bermuda next Friday, it doesn't look like the construction will be done by then.

Has anyone heard anything about the project ?   

The dock part is prefab and the cranes are putting those in place. That part was projected to be done in time but of course one never knows for sure with construction projects. There have been no updates saying they won't be done in time. Time will tell. When they announced the project it was intimated the building won't be completed by the start of the cruise season but that they would have a temporary solution if the building was not done. 

10 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Escape is far too big to dock in Hamilton.

Along with all the Jewel class ships. Maybe the Sun or Sky?

Edited by Laszlo

21 minutes ago, CPT Trips said:

The Hamilton dock only takes ships up to about 700 feet. Is there any ship in NCLs fleet less than that?

AidaLuna (827 feet) and AidaDiva (820 feet) are both scheduled to call on Hamilton this year. 

3 minutes ago, Paul Bogle said:

AidaLuna (827 feet) and AidaDiva (820 feet) are both scheduled to call on Hamilton this year. 

Nope...they're docking at the Royal Naval Dockyard. If AIDA is saying Hamilton they're wrong...and I've seen these ships at Dockyard several times in the past.

2 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

No...the shortest NCL ships, Sun, Sky and Spirit are still well over 800 feet long.

The longest NCL ship ever to dock in Hamilton was Dream. God Bless Dream.

I wish NCL would start building smaller ships rather than larger …..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Escape can only dock at Heritage Wharf at the Dockyard. It can’t even dock at Kings Wharf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think after the remodeling of Kings Wharf is completed they will be able to. I believe beyond what was necessary to repair the dock they also needed its capacity upgraded so that 2 of the giant sized ships can be at the Dockyard at once.

Don’t use that source. Use this one. It is the official schedule. From what I read skimming they are at the Dockyard except one ship is tendering.

http://www.marops.bm/Documents/Shipping_schedules/YR%20%202019%20Cruise%20Ship%20Schedule%20pdf.pdf