Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

Host CJSKIDS

On 4/15/2019 at 4:58 PM, shutterbug63 said:

Very frustrated with the  app.  I still cannot get it to recognize my booking number. We are 47 days out from our sailing.  I've made three phone calls to the "Ocean Navigator" line and I keep being told call back in a week and they've opened a ticket.

I'm wondering if the problem is my device, although I can't get it to add on the ocean website either. Anyone else with a Samsung Galaxy having issues?

You can enter at the 75th day out.

On 7/26/2019 at 9:29 AM, billystanley said:

we just made elite on our last cruise 2 weeks ago. we leave for the next on on 8 9. our medallions arrived yesterday but they have the platinum color ring. when we board I’m thinking I can get someone to change out the plat color ring for black. anyone know where I go to do this?

thank you

Go to Guest Services.  They will replace your platinum ring with a Black Medallion that will be instantly recognized by other PAXs and crew that you are Elite.   And you so richly deserve and entitled to the Black Medallion.  The B.M. adds a few extra Elite status perks.

Good luck.  And enjoy.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

They will replace your platinum ring with a Black Medallion that will be instantly recognized by other PAXs and crew that you are Elite.   And you so richly deserve and entitled to the Black Medallion.

Hard to tell where you are coming from on this. I'm leaning toward you screwing with me. 

On 4/16/2019 at 6:56 PM, Ombud said:

2 questions:

1- will I be able to add my food allergy or will I still have to meet with maitre d on embarkation day

2- can I FINALLY track how many lattes I've had on my coffee 'card'?

I have severe food allergies too. I did still have to meet with the maitre d' but my food allergies were listed on my profile so it was easier to dine at venues other than the main dining. I personally loved that the staff in all the dining spaces knew my allergies and I didn't have to list them out every time I wanted a snack. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, billystanley said:

They will replace your platinum ring with a Black Medallion that will be instantly recognized by other PAXs and crew that you are Elite.   And you so richly deserve and entitled to the Black Medallion.

Hard to tell where you are coming from on this. I'm leaning toward you screwing with me. 

I think you nailed it. Don't let it bother you. I will get the black card after my next cruise but will have to ask for it as the first cruise after that is only a few days later. I keep the card in my pocket so it's no more "flashy" than when it was blue. Some just like to hassle folks. Enjoy your cruise and, by all means, get the dang medallion changed. There is absolutely no reason not to do so and I can (almost) guarantee you that those who harass you about it would have it fixed as well.

21 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Go to Guest Services.  They will replace your platinum ring with a Black Medallion that will be instantly recognized by other PAXs and crew that you are Elite.   And you so richly deserve and entitled to the Black Medallion.  The B.M. adds a few extra Elite status perks.

Good luck.  And enjoy.

IMHO not necessary to change out unless you'll be on a cruise with tenders. The only other perk is free laundry and that'll go by how the ship has you not your medallion 

14 minutes ago, green cruiser said:

Does the Medallion's arrival mean the a specific cabin has been selected for those who booked only by category?

My guess is no..

I booked a guarantee,do not have a cabin assignment yet but received an email that my medallion is on the way. Interesting to see when an assignment will occur; if at all. 🚢

23 hours ago, green cruiser said:

Does the Medallion's arrival mean the a specific cabin has been selected for those who booked only by category?

Most likely no. The medallion is connected to your on board account as is your cabin. It isn't directly connected to your cabin. If you do have a cabin assignment it will show in the cruise personlizer.

On 8/3/2019 at 10:32 AM, green cruiser said:

The Medallion has nothing to do with your cabin category

On 8/4/2019 at 8:31 AM, mcrcruiser said:

My wife's cousin sent us a set of extra wrist bands  ,which apparently hold the medallion 

Has any one else used these wrist bands for your medallions & how useful were they ?

TIA 

Very useful if you like wearing a watch