Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

ah yes the pearl   it is very strange and yes RCI still needs more buzz down the road.

Feel bad to Utopia of the Seas that won't get much attention for a while.

Maybe but the secrecy seems strange if that’s what he’s on about. I wonder if there’s something in that blank space near the funnels on deck 17. There’s green windows there. Honestly looking at icon, utopia seems a really bizarre choice. Icon class is really the successor to oasis. Surely another icon class would make more sense or if they wanted to release another non-icon class it looks like it would make more sense to produce another quantum since that can go places neither oasis class or icon class can go. I’m sure royal have their reasons but I’m not able to think of one.

11 minutes ago, topanga49er said:

Hi.  I am C&A but did not get email from Royal about booking Icon early on 10/24.  Do you know where to look to do. that?  Can TA's book early or is it just from Royal site?  Thank you,

In the past it ended up bring open to everyone even though they said C&A and yes TA's had access through cruising power. 

7 hours ago, darthvadrouw said:

It's a crew outdoor deck.
To get to it you need to apply here https://careers.royalcaribbeangroup.com/ 🙂

I'm thinking otherwise -- on the deck plan, it's immediately forward of the fitness center, and on this rendering it looks like there's fitness center windows and a doorway into this area: image.png.9d648f9bc0b1ef989f1a0a5370c91885.png

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 8:38 PM, BecciBoo said:

BTW, I have confirmed with corporate that the Inaugural will be the 1/27/24 sailing directly from Bayley's office.

I have read this a couple times. It seems like the ship will be sailing directly from Bayley’s office.  I would like to see that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

I have read this a couple times. It seems like the ship will be sailing directly from Bayley’s office.  I would like to see that.

Bayley's office must be really, really big.  And wet. 😄

11 hours ago, gmerick said:

I'm thinking otherwise -- on the deck plan, it's immediately forward of the fitness center, and on this rendering it looks like there's fitness center windows and a doorway into this area: image.png.9d648f9bc0b1ef989f1a0a5370c91885.png

It's a crew deck 😉

Edited by darthvadrouw

Not sure if I missed something as never tried booking on opening day.... but as almost Diamond Plus I'd like to try.  If you know what level you want to be on and the sail date you want, how do you then tell your travel agent (Big Box) the connecting rooms you are trying for.  We might like something similar to what we have on the Wonder in just a few weeks but I am sure the room numbers and layouts might be different plus there are some new interesting categories, depending on where they are, we might consider rather than our standing Oasis class locations.  Does anyone think there will be cabin layouts posted before they become available tomorrow?  Or is this more like only getting a guarantee category and not actual cabin numbers?   We are so Excited to be trying out this new ship, she blows us away, and I would love to wrap the reservation and give it to my grandson as one of his birthday gifts next week.  Do we think that might be the next big announcement, cabin locations?

50 minutes ago, T-2 said:

Not sure if I missed something as never tried booking on opening day.... but as almost Diamond Plus I'd like to try.  If you know what level you want to be on and the sail date you want, how do you then tell your travel agent (Big Box) the connecting rooms you are trying for.  We might like something similar to what we have on the Wonder in just a few weeks but I am sure the room numbers and layouts might be different plus there are some new interesting categories, depending on where they are, we might consider rather than our standing Oasis class locations.  Does anyone think there will be cabin layouts posted before they become available tomorrow?  Or is this more like only getting a guarantee category and not actual cabin numbers?   We are so Excited to be trying out this new ship, she blows us away, and I would love to wrap the reservation and give it to my grandson as one of his birthday gifts next week.  Do we think that might be the next big announcement, cabin locations?

The link in post #2043 has deck plans and lots of room details. Should provide exactly what you’re looking for.

Secretlyfi, I had tried that link a couple days ago but my McAfee balked at it and wouldn't let it open.  I am hoping for something like that, just was surprised I hadn't seen anything released by RCCL and wondered if I should count on something like that being released in time for member bookings?

47 minutes ago, T-2 said:

Secretlyfi, I had tried that link a couple days ago but my McAfee balked at it and wouldn't let it open.  I am hoping for something like that, just was surprised I hadn't seen anything released by RCCL and wondered if I should count on something like that being released in time for member bookings?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/ships/deckplans-hub/Icon_2250_v2023.pdf

Try this, the deck plans from Royal Caribbean’s website.  Picture is very tiny but zooming in, you can see all the room numbers and sizes. Hope that works.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am guessing that Royal is making a major departure from their policy of not allowing 2 people to book a triple or quad occupancy cabin.

Nearly all balconies on the ship can hold 3 or 4 guests with the exception of some Oceanview balconies on decks 12 and 14.  All  Infinite verandas hold more than 2 as do all the CP balconies and Surfside (hard not saying BW).

Most of the Oceanview and insides also hold more than 2 guests with the exception of the smaller insides.

It will be interesting to see how the base fares of the cabins that hold 2 guests compare to the base fares of the cabins that hold more than 2 guests as in the past the triple and quad occupancy cabins nearly always had a higher base fare for guests one and two since there were less of them and in demand.

Secretlyfi, your search skills are phenominal.  I never ever found that map of the cabin layouts.  It is such a huge help as its always a relief to know what is above and below you.  Plus I value TAs time and like to be set to go, not waffling trying to make decisions.  Now we will just wait to see what they say all those beautiful cabin colors equate to- as there are some new cabin categories to tempt everyone.  But I was able to pick out my first 10 pair choices (need 2) to try for depending on how long it takes to get through, the phones are going to be hopping.  Cannot shout out thank you loud enough for the help, THANK YOU!

• Like 2

On 10/22/2022 at 6:37 PM, ljwiphone said:

Maybe but the secrecy seems strange if that’s what he’s on about. I wonder if there’s something in that blank space near the funnels on deck 17. There’s green windows there. Honestly looking at icon, utopia seems a really bizarre choice. Icon class is really the successor to oasis. Surely another icon class would make more sense or if they wanted to release another non-icon class it looks like it would make more sense to produce another quantum since that can go places neither oasis class or icon class can go. I’m sure royal have their reasons but I’m not able to think of one.

I am still surprised it is even on order but time will tell.

given the name Utopia, it would be perfect as an all adults ship with different dining options and perhaps sneak a Northstar or Viking crown into the plans.. make it different than current Oasis but not like Icon.