Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

3 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Some daytime shots from yesterday by finki.22 .

I think @Eremita85  mentioned he was a friend of his that also takes photos at the shipyard.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CklMMBiI3xp/

Yep, we are quite often taking photos together, but this time I went alone to take photos of the installation of the dome, because I wanted to get a photos from several different locations and it's easier to get to those places with my bicycle than with his car. Also the lifting itself took so long to even start and he left home early because it was pretty windy and cold. I missed the next day's morning photos, which he went to take alone while I was still sleeping after my long night photo session 😄 

Edited by Eremita85
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Eremita85 said:

Yep, we are quite often taking photos together, but this time I went alone to take photos of the installation of the dome, because I wanted to get a photos from several different locations and it's easier to get to those places with my bicycle than with his car. Also the lifting itself took so long to even start and he left home early because it was pretty windy and cold. I missed the next day's morning photos, which he went to take alone while I was still sleeping after my long night photo session 😄 

All of us here at CC and on the other social media sites appreciate the time and effort (and the "long night photo session") you take sharing the fantastic photos you take. Very very cool stuff and I keep looking at them over and over 😀. Hope you got some good rest and sleep over the weekend 🙂. Many thanks again,

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

All of us here at CC and on the other social media sites appreciate the time and effort (and the "long night photo session") you take sharing the fantastic photos you take. Very very cool stuff and I keep looking at them over and over 😀. Hope you got some good rest and sleep over the weekend 🙂. Many thanks again,

Let me second that sentiment.  

• Like 5

On 11/7/2022 at 8:38 AM, JoshuaLifter said:

The scale is just mind blowing! The more images I see  of her the more I am impressed by her size!

Icon has always looked proportionately smaller to me from the pictures than the construction of Wonder, probably because of the raised parabolic bow that changes the scales of comparison. 

2 hours ago, Donsyb said:

Sadly there will always be the people who've never tried cruising so write it off for all the wrong reasons citing overcrowding, illness on board etc.  Whenever I hear this I usually ask them how many cruises they've been on and it's always a big fat 0!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, welshrich said:

Sadly there will always be the people who've never tried cruising so write it off for all the wrong reasons citing overcrowding, illness on board etc.  Whenever I hear this I usually ask them how many cruises they've been on and it's always a big fat 0!

I didn’t read it as being anti-cruises per se, just the amount of people onboard and the visual appearance. I have to say, I’m not a fan - too big and too busy for me - but variety is the spice of life!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, welshrich said:

citing overcrowding,

It's funny to me too.  We started on Rhapsody back in 2004, never felt crowded then, never felt crowded and even less so now, after 4 of the O sisters and now booked for ICON don't expect to.  The only time I encounter a crush is when a show lets out....isn't it the same for any show anywhere...land or sea?  We've learned to just wait and discuss the show until the elevators are less crowded.

Waiting to board our first ever Q class, Odyssey!  So excited I can barely breath!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

It's funny to me too.  We started on Rhapsody back in 2004, never felt crowded then, never felt crowded and even less so now, after 4 of the O sisters and now booked for ICON don't expect to.  The only time I encounter a crush is when a show lets out....isn't it the same for any show anywhere...land or sea?  We've learned to just wait and discuss the show until the elevators are less crowded.

Waiting to board our first ever Q class, Odyssey!  So excited I can barely breath!

I really like the Odyssey. It is the only Quantum class I have sailed. Don't miss the Book.. some hate it, but I loved it. Cafe 270 is wonderful for a salad or sandwich at lunch, and serves specialty coffee while they are open. 

Enjoy the Odyssey.

• Like 4

AquaDome Market

There was a video online showing a new venue within the AquaDome, known as the AquaDome Market. This is probably going to be a solarium bistro replacement. The name makes me think we might see a concept like NCL’s Indulge Food Hall, with different stands that serve a variety of cuisines.

D1D0B7A7-5054-43D8-AB65-F77B6BD1C70A.thumb.jpeg.4ea16e14215de94b9bf65d842138ff34.jpeg

Surfside Neighbourhood

The video also showed a few venues for the Surfside Neighbourhood. There looks to be two restaurants, ‘Pier 7’ and ‘Surfside Eatery’, along with a quick-service ‘Surfside Bites’ counter and ‘The Lemon Post’ bar.

51F1788C-2F0C-45E2-8E42-DCFDA3EBB016.thumb.jpeg.cc046c7e198054f9143dc495bf0bbebe.jpeg

7910D883-AE98-46B6-8953-079B89B8F4F1.thumb.jpeg.75c76ef8eaa2964b13ce4342269cf68a.jpeg

Edited by Jumping Cruiser
  • Like 1