First Suite experience recap

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Sorry, Rhapsody doesn't have CK

My Diamond comment was tongue in cheek. 😉

Darn it! Didn't know that!😞 Yep, I knew you were just pulling some chains!😘I like to poke the bear now and then too!😁 Oh well, now I don't need to upgrade and can keep my wonderful AFT corner balcony for my birthday! However, I do hope to book a suite some day so I can experience the CK, at least once!!

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 7:56 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

And as part of the P cheer squad, do you honestly feel this is the norm for P’s?  I don’t. 

You're just making assumptions without any facts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/20/2019 at 3:34 PM, Snowbird_in_training said:

We had our first Suite life cruise last week.  Just some  thoughts.  

We are hooked.  

Concierges Elaine and Cheker were exceptionally friendly, accommodating and just plain nice to be around.   

Coastal Kitchen is wonderful.   

From check in to debarkation, it’s a great experience.  

What we liked the most-extra space in the stateroom.   We had a GS.  No reservations needed for shows, concierge will make the reservation for the adult comedy show.  That’s the only show needing a reservation.   The suite sun deck was super comfortable, overlooking a pool area with nice padded loungers.  Towels were available on the suite deck also.   

I would also like to address something that has been debated previously.  Pinnacles gathering in groups, monopolizing the Suite Lounge during happy hour.  This is not to criticize those of you who have earned that status, but a mere observation.  We went to the SL just a couple of times during happy hour.  The seats were usually filled with pins who usually just talked to each other.   It’s understandable since many have cruised together probably dozens of times.  A few would actually say hello, but for the most part, those wearing pins stuck together.  Since so many pins travel together, it might be wonderful to welcome Sky and Star class into the SL and CK.   Maybe even ask them to pull up a chair and join the conversation.  Those we met in Sky/Star loved the Suite experience as well.  

Our next Royal cruise will be in Sky (unless we go for Star).   We are just debating itineraries st this point. 

Same here!  We just got off Symphony and I will NEVER (unless i have to) not sail Suite.  Jackie and Jennie were incredible and the love they showed my two kids was priceless.  We talked to another family up in the coastal kitchen and they said their main goal every cruise is to avoid crowds.  Now you think that would be impossible on an Oasis class ship but not when you sail a Suite. 

• Like 2

On 5/20/2019 at 4:24 PM, Snowbird_in_training said:

We were in 10254

LOL this is the same exact suite we where in on Symphony.  We loved it's location because it was close to the elevators to go up to the CK and in the middle of the ship so going down to the 5th deck was easy as well.  It was quiet and away from all the noise as well.

Okay after reading this whole thread I never once had a problem getting a place to sit during happy hour in the CK.  We ate there every night but two (hot dogs and pizza night for the kids), ate all our breakfasts and lunches there as well. I didn't notice any "clusters" Pinnacle or other special people taking up all the space.  The only issue I had all week was up on the Suite pool deck.  We sat down in a chair (one of the big bed loungers) and a guy came up and just got in our face saying we moved his towel (all his bags and stuff were in the bed next to us).  I was lying down with my wife and son and he was really rude.  My wife who has a temper got right back in his face, and when I stood up to calm them down (I'm 6'3, 210 lbs), he suddenly backed off.  A pool attendant was walking by and saw it all happened.  He informed the gentlemen that saving loungers on ANY deck wasn't allowed and after 30 minutes his stuff could be moved.  When the attendant asked him if he wanted security called he quickly walked away.

As far as cost we spent $6,200 for four of us under a KIDS SAIL FREE deal in a Grand Suite.  As I said above deck #10 (10254) was in the perfect spot for me because it made getting everywhere really easy.  I priced a regular balcony on a Disney cruise for almost the same stops and it would have cost us over $7,700 with no suite benefits!  A week at Disneyworld in a high end resort would cost more as well. 

Edited by PopeyeDaSailor
  • Thanks 1

What is the Pinnacle level of points?  Isn't it like 700 points?  I don't care which system is used to calculate those points, that is a lot of cruising (and a lot of $ in cruise fare).  Why is all of that money discounted when you are trying to justify who deserves to be in a particular space?

Royal has decided to include certain features and benefits to their ships to enhance the cruising experience and then has decided who they want to offer those F & B to.  They have decided that high $ suite passengers as well as the most loyal RCI cruisers (who have spent far more than the majority of suite goers) get to enjoy things like the SL and CK.  That makes business sense to them.

The justification that most Pinns are cheap and don't deserve these upgrades it extremely misguided and worse yet based on wild generalizations with no data to support.  Anecdotal evidence is worthless.  However, for the sake of argument, let's assume the generalizations are 100% accurate and that every single Pinn is exactly as generalized.  It doesn't matter because RCI has decided they deserve these upgrades due to the $ they have spent over the years.  If the argument was going the other way, RCI could say "your loyalty is appreciated but these Suite Passengers deserve these upgrades because we have determined that it is part of our Suite offering".

I just don't get the entitlement argument that one group deserves something more than another when the rules are what they are.  If my wife and I show up for our first trip to the lounge and it is crammed full of people, I will just surmise that we were too late and that the other deserving people beat us to the good seats.  It won't matter to me how they achieved their ability to be in the lounge.  But I will be sure to bring a note pad and ask everyone what kind of cabin they are in, how far from port they live, and just how much money they plan to spend on this cruise.....not.

I guess those that support the "the don't deserve it" position will be okay with Star Class demanding that they get the window seats in all restaurants and lounges.    

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bradison said:

I guess those that support the "the don't deserve it" position will be okay with Star Class demanding that they get the window seats in all restaurants and lounges.    

Never seen in person, but I have seen pictures of Genie towels saving seats in Schooner. 

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Never seen in person, but I have seen pictures of Genie towels saving seats in Schooner. 

I was joking but if I saw this or RCI changed the policy then I will be fine with it.  Life is too short to get bent over stuff like that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I paid for the service level I always ask my genie to get us window seats in the eateries 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Maybe the solution is to make Pinnacle 700 nights at sea, not 700 points attained by you or your significant other.  Wonder what that would do to the numbers.

So, no suite or solo bonus?

FWIW, I'm almost 700 pts on my own anyway.

Should hit that this winter.

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

So, no suite or solo bonus?

FWIW, I'm almost 700 pts on my own anyway.

Should hit that this winter.

Thanks for sharing but I was not referring to you specifically.  If you read my post again, I said make Pinnacle 700 nights at sea, not points,  700 actual nights on a ship.  Having had many conversations with various Pinnacles, very few we spoke to actual had 700 actual nights on a ship.  Many benefited from Diamonds in December promo, 7 points for 1 credit pre conversion cruises, extra point for suites and extra point for solo.  What would the numbers be if you only got Pinnacle for 700 actual nights on a ship?  Would be interesting to see how many still have a ways to go.

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Snowbird_in_training said:

Let’s you and I just agree to disagree. What I posted is what I experienced on one cruise.    

For some reason, I rub you the wrong way.

This isn’t an easy place to post in the first place, and likely I won’t again.   

Happy Cruising everyone! 

Please don’t go away. Continue to share what you witnessed as a Suite Guest in the Suite Lounge. Some of us believe you. Some on here know your telling the truth but will continue to deny in defense of their status. If they had their way, it would be the P Lounge and I guarantee they wouldn’t welcome Suite Guests or Children. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I guess it can be called “wine”

35490DED-1A0A-48D6-B53A-F70E025F5903.png

Costco sells a box of 6 Beringer White Zinfandel for $17.49...$2.915 per bottle ☺️.

• Thanks 1