First Suite experience recap

53 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Please don’t go away. Continue to share what you witnessed as a Suite Guest in the Suite Lounge. Some of us believe you. Some on here know your telling the truth but will continue to deny in defense of their status. If they had their way, it would be the P Lounge and I guarantee they wouldn’t welcome Suite Guests or Children. 

I've not seen anyone deny anything happened.  It is the broad generalizations and sense of entitlement that is being questioned 

Edited by Bradison
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Bradison said:

I've not seen anyone deny anything happened.  It is the broad generalizations and sense of entitlement that is being questioned 

This.  I would not deny that some Pinnacles are probably are rude & obnoxious. On the same token, I am sure there are just as many rude and obnoxious suite folks. Bottom line.. Royal says both of those populations can use the SL & CK, so people should really just put their big boy/girl pants on and deal with it... until it is changed. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Maybe the solution is to make Pinnacle 700 nights at sea, not 700 points attained by you or your significant other.  Wonder what that would do to the numbers.

Maybe their sister line, Celebrity, should take the same approach. To make their top level, Zenith, you need 3,000 points, which would mean you would now need 3,000 nights. If you sailed 75 nights a year, it would only take 40 years to get there.

On RCL, doing 35 days a year would only take 20 years.

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Please don’t go away. Continue to share what you witnessed as a Suite Guest in the Suite Lounge. Some of us believe you. Some on here know your telling the truth but will continue to deny in defense of their status. If they had their way, it would be the P Lounge and I guarantee they wouldn’t welcome Suite Guests or Children. 

You really have no idea what you're talking about.  

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks for sharing but I was not referring to you specifically.  If you read my post again, I said make Pinnacle 700 nights at sea, not points,  700 actual nights on a ship.  Having had many conversations with various Pinnacles, very few we spoke to actual had 700 actual nights on a ship.  Many benefited from Diamonds in December promo, 7 points for 1 credit pre conversion cruises, extra point for suites and extra point for solo.  What would the numbers be if you only got Pinnacle for 700 actual nights on a ship?  Would be interesting to see how many still have a ways to go.

I asked for clarification, thanks for responding.😉

12 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

That doesn't mean its good wine.

I certainly would not consider it good but extremely popular in suite and diamond lounges and CK , we drink Oberon which is a few dollars over 13 limit for drink package. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to bringing my 1 year old and 6 year old into the SL on Allure.  I’ll also welcome confronting ANY passive aggressive passengers if given grief for having them in there. 

My kids are extremely well behaved (and have probably dined in more high end restaurants than most adults).  I also know how to parent and would never allow my children to misbehave or be inappropriate in ANY setting - SL or windjammer!  

But I paid a good amount of money to have a suite on our cruise, and my kids will be just as welcome to enjoy that suite life perk as any other guest in SL (pinnacle or not).  

Sorry for going off original topic...but I got fired up reading that some people have problems with children in the SL or CK.  Looking forward to the confrontation!  Bring popcorn if you’re sailing in late September on Allure. Ha!!

Edited by SarcasmSpasm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

I certainly would not consider it good but extremely popular in suite and diamond lounges and CK , we drink Oberon which is a few dollars over 13 limit for drink package. 

How do you define 'good'?

6 minutes ago, SarcasmSpasm said:

Looking forward to bringing my 1 year old and 6 year old into the SL on Allure.  I’ll also welcome confronting ANY passive aggressive passengers if given grief for having them in there. 

My kids are extremely well behaved (and have probably dined in more high end restaurants than most adults).  I also know how to parent and would never allow my children to misbehave or be inappropriate in ANY setting - SL or windjammer!  

But I paid a good amount of money to have a suite on our cruise, and my kids will be just as welcome to enjoy that suite life perk as any other guest in SL (pinnacle or not).  

Sorry for going off original topic...but I got fired up reading that some people have problems with children in the SL or CK.  Looking forward to the confrontation!  Bring popcorn if you’re sailing in late September on Allure. Ha!!

KSF promotion?

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

KSF promotion?

Nope. Not at all. 

Edit:  And for someone who is eager to call people out on assumptions....an interesting question coming from you....

Just my opinion. 

Edited by SarcasmSpasm
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, yogimax said:

How can I stop CC from sending an email every time someone posts a response?  It's getting annoying!

Stop following, or change your delivery notifications.  I only get notified if I'm quoting 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SarcasmSpasm said:

Nope. Not at all. 

Edit:  And for someone who is eager to call people out on assumptions....an interesting question coming from you....

Just my opinion. 

It was just a question, not an accusation.

That's what the little curly thing at the end means. 

BTW, I am just a little curious what you plan to do if someone gives your kids an eye roll. 🤔

Edited by John&LaLa

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It was just a question, not an accusation.

That's what the little curly thing at the end means. 

Sensitive, demeaning, and excellent taste in wine!  Triple threat!  

Thanks for the clarification. Hope we cross paths one day in the SL.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SarcasmSpasm said:

Sensitive, demeaning, and excellent taste in wine!  Triple threat!  

Thanks for the clarification. Hope we cross paths one day in the SL.

Absolutely,  I'm told I'm quite charming. 😁

• Like 3

I paid for the service level I always ask my genie to get us window seats in the eateries 

I agree with you.  We have had a genie for the last 4 cruises and for the next 4 our of 5 and although P's are allowed in the CK I feel I have a right to the window table if that is where I want to sit.  I paid to be in the Suite Lounge and/or Coastal Kitchen and it is called the Suite Lounge, not the Suite and P lounge,  so the P's that stay in a cabin other than a Suite should respect the right of a suite guest.  I also have a granddaughter who knows how to act in a upscale restaurant and she does get looks from the P's whenever she is in the Suite Lounge or Coastal Kitchen.  We just ignore them and have a good time.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

I paid for the service level I always ask my genie to get us window seats in the eateries 

I agree with you.  We have had a genie for the last 4 cruises and for the next 4 our of 5 and although P's are allowed in the CK I feel I have a right to the window table if that is where I want to sit.  I paid to be in the Suite Lounge and/or Coastal Kitchen and it is called the Suite Lounge, not the Suite and P lounge,  so the P's that stay in a cabin other than a Suite should respect the right of a suite guest.  I also have a granddaughter who knows how to act in a upscale restaurant and she does get looks from the P's whenever she is in the Suite Lounge or Coastal Kitchen.  We just ignore them and have a good time.

Refer to post #47

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

Suite guest should also respect the right of the Pinnacle guests. Their rights include access to the SL & CK. It is not just for suites, no matter what the name of the venue is. 🙄

I really do not understand why this is so hard for people to understand.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1