Unauthorised Charges *again*

1 minute ago, *twinkle* said:

So, just got my cc statement, and have some post-cruise charges that have been added after departure.  Can someone let me know who I should contact? 

Many thanks!

Are they “pending” charges or have they actually been posted to your account?

23 minutes ago, *twinkle* said:

So, just got my cc statement, and have some post-cruise charges that have been added after departure.  Can someone let me know who I should contact? 

Many thanks!

Try 03444933009 RCI

Or 08002404261 C&A.

What were the unauthorised charges?

• Like 1

That seems to be standard anymore.  Same thing happened to us last cruise, where a “gangway beverage” that we didn’t purchase, showed up after we disembarked. 

We didn’t bother, since it was a small amount, but maybe this is a new strategy. 

• Like 1

Yes, this happens frequently to us now.  Always a charge for towels or drinks or minibar that need refunded post-cruise.  Just a little extra $$ bonus for RCCL.  So if they do this to every cabin, that's 6000 x $20.  That's quite a lot of extra revenue for nothing!

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We didn’t bother, since it was a small amount, but maybe this is a new strategy. 

I'm sure that's what Royal are banking on.  It is a small amount, and most people won't bother/won't notice.

• Like 4

Update:

I called the C&A number kindly provided by Grapau27 above, and was told to call this number:

01932 834119

Have now found out it was a drinks charge in the Windjammer.  We had a deluxe package, so it is obviously incorrect, and will now be refunded.  It was fairly straightforward to get done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That seems to be standard anymore.  Same thing happened to us last cruise, where a “gangway beverage” that we didn’t purchase, showed up after we disembarked. 

That's what they're hoping for! 😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, *twinkle* said:

Yes, this happens frequently to us now.  Always a charge for towels or drinks or minibar that need refunded post-cruise.  Just a little extra $$ bonus for RCCL.  So if they do this to every cabin, that's 6000 x $20.  That's quite a lot of extra revenue for nothing!

I'm sure that's what Royal are banking on.  It is a small amount, and most people won't bother/won't notice.

When it was an 0844 or 0845 number in the past it cost as much to ring as the phantom cabin water charge.

The numbers I posted are free now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

You wouldn't believe how many times I've had drinks show up on my accounts that NO ONE in my family purchased. Heck I just figured it out.. 4 out of 19 cruises. Every time it has been a fight to get the charges removed with multiple visits to guest services. I am convinced it's little amounts so they think people won't say anything. Trust me, I say something! 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, *twinkle* said:

Update:

I called the C&A number kindly provided by Grapau27 above, and was told to call this number:

01932 834119

Have now found out it was a drinks charge in the Windjammer.  We had a deluxe package, so it is obviously incorrect, and will now be refunded.  It was fairly straightforward to get done.

That's great news that it is sorted and thanks for the new number.

Graham.

• Like 2

If this is a strategy it is fraud and not a small issue, no matter how small the amount is.

A (wrong or right) drink charge in windjammer would have been charged and visible in the account earlier as well. I don‘t understand how this can happen, and we had similar issues two times as well.

• Like 3

Well, I’ve never had any charges appear post cruise, 16 cruises. So if it is a strategy, they don’t target everyone. I’ve had bogus charges appear while onboard and gotten them removed but never post cruise, knock on wood.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

Well, I’ve never had any charges appear post cruise, 16 cruises. So if it is a strategy, they don’t target everyone. I’ve had bogus charges appear while onboard and gotten them removed but never post cruise, knock on wood.

Since they removed the big water bottles out of cabins we have not had any more post cruise extra charges.

• Like 3

Hmm my last cruise too, a mystery drink charge MDR. I also had deluxe bev. It was for a burbon, and i had Pellegrino every nite with dinner. 

I actually think it was an error on servers putting in wrong numbers, since my card was only swipped the first nite

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Starting to come around to that point of view.

Now we have free phone numbers in the UK it's only a minor inconvenience to query any phantom charges post cruise but now the big water bottles have gone hopefully for most of us the charges are no more.

When we were on Independence 25-28 May there was regular large queues at GS especially on the last night when I presume people were settling their cash accounts and hopefully not stopping their auto-gratituities like Julie reported in her brilliant thread.

They charged us an entire random persons  $500 onboard bill as a separate charge from our stateroom on Indy in December. 

They refunded it, but it took lots of arguing that I had never even heard of the person before. 

5 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

They charged us an entire random persons  $500 onboard bill as a separate charge from our stateroom on Indy in December. 

They refunded it, but it took lots of arguing that I had never even heard of the person before. 

Omg that must have been a nightmare.

An exact number like $500 sounds suspicious anyway.I wonder if the other person was ever found?