How to print luggage tags via the Royal App

1 hour ago, biomedbob said:

And there is a site where you can download software to print multiple tags on a single piece of paper and add your name to it.

I have that software and it works like a charm!!!

We have printed off our own labels in the past but you really need to find a helpful young man at the port who will provide you with a label that will actually stay on your luggage as opposed to one that will rip and fall off.  The homemade versions just don't make the grade.  We very nearly lost a suitcase once and imho it's best to get one of the proper labels.

2 hours ago, biomedbob said:

And there is a site where you can download software to print multiple tags on a single piece of paper and add your name to it.

Can you please share the name of that site/app? 

Also -- on Quantum ships, is it better to just wait and have the porters handle this at check-in? I read something about needing to do that in order to utilize the RFID luggage tracker.

13 minutes ago, zooma said:

Can you please share the name of that site/app? 

Also -- on Quantum ships, is it better to just wait and have the porters handle this at check-in? I read something about needing to do that in order to utilize the RFID luggage tracker.

The RFID luggage tracker is no longer (and never really was reliably) functional.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, livylotte said:

We have printed off our own labels in the past but you really need to find a helpful young man at the port who will provide you with a label that will actually stay on your luggage as opposed to one that will rip and fall off.  The homemade versions just don't make the grade.  We very nearly lost a suitcase once and imho it's best to get one of the proper labels.

We used to laminate them with a piece of clear packing tape and stapled them on. Never lost one. You can also by luggage tag holders from places like amazon.com. They are plastic sleeves with a metal strap to hold them on and they are only a couple of bucks each. If you decide to buy them, make sure you get the ones that fit your tags, I think there is only a couple of sizes and the description will tell you what lines they work on.

Use the printed tags rather than tags at the port.  The port tags can tear off easily and they aren't color coded to help speed luggage to your deck.  Every cruise I see people missing luggage or waiting until very late as they search for it. 

I use those great tags posted above for my cruises now, but before that I used packing tape. Extend a bit, place tag on tape, unroll it further and wrapped it through a handle and back onto itself - the cut it off the roll.  Can't fall off. Hard to take off in fact.

Also put a sheet of paper in your luggage with your name and cabin #.

• Like 1

We also put a sheet of paper (or 2) inside of all pieces brought on board with name, cabin #, Ship & date, port and flight information airline, flight #'s and times as well as cell phone and email.   No hometown or street address.

On 6/10/2019 at 8:39 PM, livylotte said:

I have never had a problem in using self printed tags, and I have done 15+ cruises in the last 10 years, both from the states and in Europe (perhaps more).  As long as you fold them correctly and staple them.  I do put them on each handle of the suit cases in question, and neither have have been torn off, on any suitcases in question.

52 minutes ago, gatour said:

I have never had a problem in using self printed tags, and I have done 15+ cruises in the last 10 years, both from the states and in Europe (perhaps more).  As long as you fold them correctly and staple them.  I do put them on each handle of the suit cases in question, and neither have have been torn off, on any suitcases in question.

Yes, the self printed tags are fine if you can staple them at home.   But if you have to catch a flight to get to the port - carrying a stapler in your handbag  is not really an option 🤪

The cruise tag holders look good - where can I buy them?

Edited by livylotte

14 hours ago, livylotte said:

Yes, the self printed tags are fine if you can staple them at home.   But if you have to catch a flight to get to the port - carrying a stapler in your handbag  is not really an option 🤪

The cruise tag holders look good - where can I buy 

I cover mine with tape at home and punch holes in the ends. Then I just carry some zip ties to attach to my luggage. Works great!