Port Canaveral Question

2 hours ago, BND said:

Waiting in the terminal doesn't bother us, but sitting in the car in the garage waiting to drop off luggage and at the same time people are being picked up from the previous cruise does.  It probably took 1/2 hour from the time we entered the garage until we were able to go back around and park. I'd prefer to just pull in and drop off without having to deal with traffic merging from picking up people.   We typically arrive early for cruises but we're rethinking it for this one.  Having been on Oasis and Allure, we've been "wowed" by the large ships and already pretty much know the layout so just as soon want to just board and head to Jamie's.

This is great information and something to think about.  I appreciate your input.  Thanks!

Kevin

I drop off luggage between 9:30 and 10:00. You can park on the north side of terminal for free. That way you miss the garage. 

I then go home for my Bailey's and have friends drop us off around 11:30.

59 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I drop off luggage between 9:30 and 10:00. You can park on the north side of terminal for free. That way you miss the garage. 

If only we lived in Cocoa Beach. 🙂

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Isn't the ship on the north side of the terminal?

What happens after you get into the lane to drop off luggage? 

In Galveston, we parked in a parking garage across the street and lugged our bags to some big room in the terminal and just left them. I felt a little sick to my stomach.  I was worried that I would never see my luggage again. But it arrived at our cabin just fine.

This trip has me worried, as usual. Worry #1 is hoping I am able to pick up my son at the Orlando airport relatively close to schedule (the day before).  Worry #2 is dropping off luggage.  Worry #3 is parking. 

Edited by luv2sailAgain

12 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

There are now clear lanes for pickup of passengers and drop-off of luggage.  We get to the terminal around 9:30 AM when people are leaving. 

This.  I dropped my parents off early to Oasis, but had to be back in Orlando at a certain time and was right in the middle of the OFF/ON transition.  It was super easy because it was clear which lane was doing which and there was an officer standing there double-checking you were going where you should be going.  It took a couple of minutes max.

The folks had to wait an hour or two, but they didn't mind since they didn't have to pay to park.  That time of morning on the weekend I even made it over in like 30-35 minutes! 

1 hour ago, poncho1973 said:

This.  I dropped my parents off early to Oasis, but had to be back in Orlando at a certain time and was right in the middle of the OFF/ON transition.  It was super easy because it was clear which lane was doing which and there was an officer standing there double-checking you were going where you should be going.  It took a couple of minutes max.

The folks had to wait an hour or two, but they didn't mind since they didn't have to pay to park.  That time of morning on the weekend I even made it over in like 30-35 minutes! 

The Port Authority has definitely improved its traffic patterns.  The first time we sailed out of Terminal 1, it was a nightmare especially with people picking up disembarking passengers -- they would just park at the curb and in the adjoining lane and wait.  

Using the designated lane, it only takes us a couple of minutes max too.  

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 2:28 PM, Host Clarea said:

We've checked bags at 9:30am at Port Canaveral before.

We got their really early, dropped bags,  (800)parked then ate Breakfast at Grills then walked back over short line & wait to enter building breeze through check in then waited in suite area to board. Had our pictures taken before they really started taking pictures. Boarded at 1000. When we disembarked we were home in Orlando by 0900. 

We arrived this morning at 9:25 and dropped our bags and in to our parking spot by 9:30. Very quick and efficient on keeping the traffic separated from those boarding and unboarding.  We went to the terminal entrance and there was a line waiting to get in but it was starting to move. A quick bathroom break and the line was gone.   Checked right in with expedited arrival and were seated in the corral by 9:45. All in all a great experience. Now we wait for boarding!  Bon voyage!

Kevin

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Has anyone heard anything about the parking garage getting full?  Wondering since there are now two large ships sailing from there

I can tell you that it was pretty empty when we arrived this morning. 

Kevin

Just now, kcmrlitz said:

I can tell you that it was pretty empty when we arrived this morning. 

Kevin

That's good.  When we sailed on the Mariner last month it looked like the top level was almost full around 12:30 so I was wondering if it got full. 

36 minutes ago, kcmrlitz said:

We arrived this morning at 9:25 and dropped our bags and in to our parking spot by 9:30. Very quick and efficient on keeping the traffic separated from those boarding and unboarding.  We went to the terminal entrance and there was a line waiting to get in but it was starting to move. A quick bathroom break and the line was gone.   Checked right in with expedited arrival and were seated in the corral by 9:45. All in all a great experience. Now we wait for boarding!  Bon voyage!

Kevin

Thank you for posting! We will follow your lead in three short weeks! 

When I first did online check in, "expedited arrival" showed on my Set Sail Pass.  Maybe it said "expedited check in." Then it disappeared a few days later.  Strange. . .

Wishing you a wonderful trip!!

Edited by luv2sailAgain

On 6/20/2019 at 1:14 PM, poncho1973 said:

Until I had checked in at other ports, I never knew that PC was special.  I've sailed from a bunch now and no where yet has been close to PC in terms of how great it is to embark/disembark.  Nothing close.

Wait until you try the new Miami terminal.  You really never break stride, going on or off the ship.  Not sure how they do it, but it works amazingly well!!!!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, molly361 said:

Has anyone heard anything about the parking garage getting full?  Wondering since there are now two large ships sailing from there

We sailed on Mariner on 5-24-2019 and by 1 PM, deck 4 was full -- I watched from our stateroom.  It was also a holiday weekend and the ship was really full.  They may have had an overflow in the grassy area.  

Edited by SherriZ366