3 Drinks only in Diamond Lounge

The following is being reported on the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Facebook Group page:

" Currently on Adventure. According to crew, loyalty ambassador, concierge and guest services , the following changes were implemented on 6/1. In diamond club you MUST give them your card to swipe for your 3 and 3 only free drinks. Also with drink package now, one drink per card at a time only . No more ordering drinks for couples on one card."

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, irzero said:

I love how they make their own rules up with no regards to the info on the package they sell you at time of purchase.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

This thread has nothing to do with purchased drink packages. 

There is NO DRINK LIMIT in the Diamond Lounge, even on Adventure.  We spoke with the Concierge in May, and she stated 5 ships were selected for an internal audit which requires them to swipe for every drink.  It's for tracking purposes ONLY and does NOT use your 3 nightly drinks.  My first hand experience can deny this claim.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Many others on that FB page are stating that there is no 3-drink Diamond Lounge limit for the ships that they are on. 

That's what I'd expect.

34 minutes ago, irzero said:

I love how they make their own rules up with no regards to the info on the package they sell you at time of purchase.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

This has ALWAYS been the rule for packages. Nothing has changed. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, molly361 said:

According to the OP's last line it does

If read by itself but context matters. Read the whole paragraph and it has a different meaning.  For a long time the rule has been one card, one drink. The OP is not talking about drinks purchased with the drink package. The topic here is the free drinks offered in the diamond lounge to diamond members and the three free drinks that are loaded onto the sea pass card.

38 minutes ago, Crism said:

There is NO DRINK LIMIT in the Diamond Lounge, even on Adventure.  We spoke with the Concierge in May, and she stated 5 ships were selected for an internal audit which requires them to swipe for every drink.  It's for tracking purposes ONLY and does NOT use your 3 nightly drinks.  My first hand experience can deny this claim.

That is EXACTLY correct! We were on the May 18 Indy cruise out of Southampton and were given a heads up about this on the previous T/A. As stated for Inventory Purposes ONLY!

Teri

There are some ships that have problems with "sneak ins"...friends, relatives of Diamonds that have not attained that level, or just walk ins behind members.  In that case, I believe it is easier for them to just ask to see your card in the pretense of "having to run it"...but it is really just a clever way to enforce the Diamonds only rule.  I have no problem with it.  Saves more seats for those that actually belong in there.  

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, island lady said:

There are some ships that have problems with "sneak ins"...friends, relatives of Diamonds that have not attained that level, or just walk ins behind members.  In that case, I believe it is easier for them to just ask to see your card in the pretense of "having to run it"...but it is really just a clever way to enforce the Diamonds only rule.  I have no problem with it.  Saves more seats for those that actually belong in there.  

On my August '18 Anthem's cruise, they must have had interlopers on previous sails sneaking in from the Music Hall.  Not only was the D L Concierge asking to see your Sea Pass, but also the waiters wanting to see proof before taking your drink order.  This went on for the 1st few nights and then stopped. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, island lady said:

But on Adventure it's not just checking your card - they are actually taking your card and scanning it for every drink you order in the DL. This was happening in May when we were on and it was for every drink for every person.

So they've been scanning cards for drinks in the DL on Adventure since April but the OP is saying since June 1st they are scanning your card and limiting you to 3 drinks only in the DL. This is something entirely different on this ship if this is true.

3 minutes ago, The Sunset Glow said:

But on Adventure it's not just checking your card - they are actually taking your card and scanning it for every drink you order in the DL. This was happening in May when we were on and it was for every drink for every person.

So they've been scanning cards for drinks in the DL on Adventure since April but the OP is saying since June 1st they are scanning your card and limiting you to 3 drinks only in the DL. This is something entirely different on this ship if this is true.

Does it affect getting drinks outside the DL if one drinks the quota (3) in the DL.

30 minutes ago, The Sunset Glow said:

Just curious, where were they scanning your card?  Did they use the bar-code or mag-stripe?

33 minutes ago, nelblu said:

On my August '18 Anthem's cruise, they must have had interlopers on previous sails sneaking in from the Music Hall.  Not only was the D L Concierge asking to see your Sea Pass, but also the waiters wanting to see proof before taking your drink order.  This went on for the 1st few nights and then stopped. 

I am happy to see them do that, I have no problem with it.  It's a shame they have to...but it becomes necessary when some pax try to cheat the system.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, steveru621 said:

Just curious, where were they scanning your card?  Did they use the bar-code or mag-stripe?

When getting a drink from the waiter they take your card when you place your drink order and return your card when they bring your drink. Adventure also had a make shift bar in the lounge and they took your card to scan when ordering there. I didn't look closely at the scanning machine but assumed it was similar to what they use at other bars.

35 minutes ago, The Sunset Glow said:

I seriously doubt they are limiting to three drinks, but even if they are scanning your card...more power to them.  It proves where the drinks are actually being served and to whom,  and keeps the interlopers out.   Staff is just protecting the perks you have earned.  

• Like 2