Heavy and Hot Bedding

Carl Nival

The bedding that Carnival uses is way too warm, and the rooms can get stuffy at night.  I've woken up drenched in sweat before because their comforters are better suited for survival in Antarctica rather than a tropical cruise.  So I created this handy-dandy note to give to the room steward.  It worked too!  Arvin, our room steward, replaced that heavy, hot bedding with something light and refreshing.  

Too Hot minus names.jpg

44 minutes ago, molme said:

We always ask to have the heavy covers taken off our bed and replaced with a blanket.  I don't like the heat or the weight of the bedding.

After reading on Cruise Critic that guests request a light blanket, we asked our room steward for one when we were on the Miracle. He replaced it quickly. We plan on asking for a light blanket instead of the heavy comforter from now on. 

On the Sunrise earlier this month,  I asked for a blanket, as I, too, find the regular bedding way too heavy and hot.   The steward brought me a fleece blanket, which was a bit of an improvement.  But fleece is warm, too.  That blanket would have been great during January in here in Wisconsin, but not so much in the Caribbean in June.   I adapted, often using just the top sheet and the top sheet-like layer that is over the duvet, grabbing the blanket if I felt a little chilly, then taking it off when I got too warm.  I have come to expect a heavy duvet on cruise ships and in hotels, and I make the best of it as I love to travel.

Well I agree with Coven, I love the bedding, and never have a problem with it being to heavy or warm for me.  Anyone who shares the room with me, I have never heard them complain as some of you have stated on here that the bedding was too warm or heavy for you.  But then..................everyone's body is different! 🙂

• Like 1

I always wonder why they have the heavy armour.....we also can't tolerate all that heavy bedding plus it does make you hot especially since the ac doesn't get as low as we are used to sleeping.  I always asked the cabin steward to get me a regular blanket and keep the top sheet, or use two sheets.

I can understand the heavy bedding if we are traveling in Alaska but the Caribbean its crazy!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We always turn the air conditioner way up and snuggle under the covers.   Good sleeping.😴💤

We turn our a/c all the way DOWN and it never gets cooler than 75 on the 9 Carnival ships we have sailed. Which ships have you sailed that get the cabins cold, we'd like to book one!

5 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

We turn our a/c all the way DOWN and it never gets cooler than 75 on the 9 Carnival ships we have sailed. Which ships have you sailed that get the cabins cold, we'd like to book one!

My room actually got cold on the Conquest. So much so I was wrapping a blanket around me during the day to!

8 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

I don't really recall not being able to get our cabins cool enough. I'm a very hot natured person, too.

10 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

A few years ago aboard the Conquest, our room stayed quite warm, even with it set as cool as it’d go. The couple we were cruising with were in a cabin directly behind us and theirs stayed very cool without having to turn it all the way up. Both were interiors. 

On the the other hand, last year aboard Glory, our cabin always stayed quite cool without having to turn it up to max. After all the experiences I’ve read, it seems like a crapshoot.

I love sleeping in a cool room. I can always cover up more. I can’t sleep when I’m hot.