Be ware problem with cruise history

cruisinmeme

My cruise history has never been a big issue. Someone ask me how many cruise’s i had been on. I went to my history and here starts the issue. First off i realize i was getting close to platinum plus so yes, i need to make sure all cruise’s are logged. I had returned from a cruise June 9th and it was not listed.  In a paragraph under the history that said your cruise will appear within 48 hours after you return. I waited and waited and nothing.  Well i called a week ago and thus was told they had done some computer update and they would make a note to latitudes to make sure it appeared. Well still not on there. Something about it still showed open (like it hadn’t taken place yet). Hello i am back home.

anyway if it happen to me it may of happen to many people (especially in the early June timeframe) you do just have one year to add any missing cruise’s BTW.

My husband and I cruised June 1-8 on the Joy to Alaska.    That cruise is not showing up in our cruise history either.    All of our other cruises always posted to our history within a day or two post cruise.    I called regarding this and was told they were backlogged.    I plan to just keep checking to make sure it gets posted.    

I would be concerned if I were about to take another cruise and the previous cruise had not been figured into my loyalty status.  Happened to us with Royal Caribbean, we got off a cruise on 5/7/18 and boarded another on 5/31/18 without a loyalty update.  Fortunately they have a loyalty officer on the ship, got upgraded with a new card in 5 minutes.  Hopefully NCL could do the same if it came down to boarding a cruise without the update.

• Like 1

Ah thx - that explains something .. So its still is not working - just back from the Pearl 2 weeks ago and still nothing showing. Sure they'll get around to it. We should be moving to Platinum with this so I'll keep an eye on it.

Just started the Trip report.

Edited by ighten

I have the same issue. We returned from our cruise on June 17 and nothing is showing up as of today. Glad I saw this post. I had tried calling but was on hold for over 15 minuets then came on here and saw the post. Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. I will keep checking on my NCL log in page. 

Same issue with our cruise which returned 6/22.  I'm not planning on cruising again soon, so it's not a huge issue -- but I'm hoping it will show up before I forget about it and lose the points.

Sign on to your account, near the bottom you can send them a message. Its really no big deal. They are moving things from one computer system to another. Mine was corrected in about 5 days.....

Dear Mr. 

Thank you for contacting Norwegian Cruise Line with your below inquiry. 

Please note that we've recently done a system migration and unfortunately we are encountering a glitch, that is affecting the automated process of changing the status of reservations to reflect that the cruise has sailed.  This is the issue that is affecting your Norwegian Escape June 9th reservation and why you are not seeing the earned Latitude points on your MyNCL Account.

Our Technical Support Team is working diligently to identify and fix the issue and update the affected reservations.  We are looking to have this completed within the next couple of weeks.   I have placed a reminder on my calendar to follow up with the team early next week.   As soon as the issue has been resolved and the normal process of updating the cruise history is functioning, I will let you know.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused and thank you for your understanding and patience while we work on this issue for you.

We appreciate your continued loyalty of Norwegian Cruise Line.

Sincerely,

Ana Rodriguez | Sr. Manager, Support Services & Automation Support

Still not fixed I noticed today (Back 3 weeks now) - In fact they aren't even responding to the "report missing cruises" - can only assume its a huge backlog or they havent worked out a fix.

On 6/30/2019 at 9:46 PM, cjcluvs2cruz said:

My husband and I cruised June 1-8 on the Joy to Alaska.    That cruise is not showing up in our cruise history either.    All of our other cruises always posted to our history within a day or two post cruise.    I called regarding this and was told they were backlogged.    I plan to just keep checking to make sure it gets posted.    

Good advise. It appears, right now, for whatever reason NCL is behind in a lot of postings or, if you call, slow to respond. Can we say "short of help" 

ah that explains why my 2 June cruise wasn't showing.  I logged it twice as a missing cruise and eventually sent them an email.  They responded quickly and it's now added to my history.  Now Silver! 🙂

OP.....I would keep an eye on your NCL account to get it corrected, also.

But, going from Platinum Latitudes to Platinum + isn’t a huge jump in perks.  Ambassador is a huge jump (with a free cruise).  But, that level is pretty high up there to achieve.

4 hours ago, Misself said:

ah that explains why my 2 June cruise wasn't showing.  I logged it twice as a missing cruise and eventually sent them an email.  They responded quickly and it's now added to my history.  Now Silver! 🙂

I never found an email address.  I have called 3 times and they claimed they sent an email for me. Still nothing.  

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

OP.....I would keep an eye on your NCL account to get it corrected, also.

But, going from Platinum Latitudes to Platinum + isn’t a huge jump in perks.  Ambassador is a huge jump (with a free cruise).  But, that level is pretty high up there to achieve.

I called again yesterday (3rd call). They said sending email to latitudes for me.  It is really taking awhile.  Been a month.

I had this issue with my grandmother. I called them and come to find out they had her down as a 1-year-old, hence why it didn't come up. I had to call 3 different people to get to the bottom of it. Just keep calling. 

19 hours ago, cruisinmeme said:

I never found an email address.  I have called 3 times and they claimed they sent an email for me. Still nothing.  

I sent it to latitudes-europe@ncl.com which I found in the 'contact us' section of website.  They replied within a couple of days.  

On 7/2/2019 at 1:40 PM, suntangirl said:

I have the same issue. We returned from our cruise on June 17 and nothing is showing up as of today. Glad I saw this post. I had tried calling but was on hold for over 15 minuets then came on here and saw the post. Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. I will keep checking on my NCL log in page. 

My travel agent called Norwegian Cruise Line and was able to get our points earned from our cruise added to our account. Hopefully they have now fixed things. 

• Like 1

Nothing here - No responses to the normal button and no responses to the emails - The backlog must be bigger than anticipated - just hope they sort it before the next cruise as its a level change. I'll give it a cpl more weeks then ring.

• 4 weeks later...

I reported a missing June cruise several weeks after disembarking.  As of August 8, it has not been added to my cruise history.  I will report a second time and give NCL another several weeks.  If it is still missing in September, I will report it a third time and so on and so on.

I highly recommend everyone with this issue be persistent to send in requests and get a response back saying that shows they have problems and say they are working to correct it.  Save that message and your booking receipt and your end of cruise folio statement.  With those three you have enough to appeal if a year goes by and it isn't corrected.

After 60 days it is worrisome that that haven't fixed it and gotten back on track, and knowing how IT system conversions go it does not surprise me they are missing data.  I will be watching carefully in October - that cruise gets me to Platinum.

My daughter is shirt a cruise from years ago. They promised that once she became an adult her history would update. It never did. I have recently requested a reply but have heard nothing. I don’t think that she will ever get credit for it. Her brother is gold and she is silver based on the exact same vacations (we never went without them)z unfair. Don’t “not worry” about it. Be persistent.