Error in Deluxe Beverage package pricing?

I remember one airline had a "glitch" something like ny to fla fir $24. When airfares were running $100. It was reported on the NEWS that those that booked would have price honored. 

If our drink packages are not honored, take to the news. 

How come a drink package can't be marked down to 1/4 the price, while prices of cabanas are raised 4 times original posting price. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, suesnake2002 said:

How come a drink package can't be marked down to 1/4 the price, while prices of cabanas are raised 4 times original posting price. 

Totally agree, Royal has dynamic pricing, there is no "regular" price.  Any price should be valid.  Otherwise what stops them from cancelling packages that were purchased for $38 at some point, and just say it was a glitch?

• Like 10

1 minute ago, SaltyButSweet said:

Anyone else think it was someone’s last day of work and they just screwed around with prices to stick it to the man?

😬😂

If so, it was a good one!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SaltyButSweet said:

Anyone else think it was someone’s last day of work and they just screwed around with prices to stick it to the man?

😬😂

If not, it should be someone's last day at work.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Totally agree, Royal has dynamic pricing, there is no "regular" price.  Any price should be valid.  Otherwise what stops them from cancelling packages that were purchased for $38 at some point, and just say it was a glitch?

Has Cruise critic addressed this with Royal? This would be a perfect opportunity for Cruise critic to go to bat for the clients.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TMO3CCO1 said:

I bought it st this price and it is already showing cancel in little red letters next to it. 🙁

The red word “cancel” is what you would click to cancel your purchase. It doesn’t mean it’s been canceled. If you click the blue “view order details,” you will see what was purchased and the price paid. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Did you read your contract when you booked your cruise?  

I agree their IT has a history of issues and all the more reason to know this was likely a error “glitch”. 

Literally no one is questioning whether they are entitled to correct for glitches.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Anger Management 

lmao, is that your go to response in this thread?  Anger is an emotion, that we are allowed to feel, especially when we feel we have been wronged.  Nobody needs you being the Emotion Police, quoting cruise contracts and suggesting anger management to people.  

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, SaltyButSweet said:

😬😂

Love it, from School of Rock?

12 hours ago, WVHillbilly said:

Saw this on FB , yelled for the DW to grab my wallet and snatched it up for our Feb 2020 HOS and Sep 2020 GOS.  

We were doing the exact same thing at the same time. 

7 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

I think it was supposed to be for the Refreshment Package... 

Not sure if it is a kid, an intern, or a lil ole lady with bad eyesight 🙂

I think it was someone who was intending to type 18 into the gratuity % field but the cursor was in daily rate. I mentioned “kid” as well...basically a figure of speech. Everyone is capable. What’s crazy is how long it took to resolve. They’re on social media calling it an error hours before it’s taken off the site. Not difficult to imagine a new kid in the office, but it could have been anyone.

3 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

I think it was someone who was intending to type 18 into the gratuity % field but the cursor was in daily rate. I mentioned “kid” as well...basically a figure of speech. Everyone is capable. What’s crazy is how long it took to resolve. They’re on social media calling it an error hours before it’s taken off the site. Not difficult to imagine a new kid in the office, but it could have been anyone.

I’m thinking that the gratuity is something that applies to more than just this item and would be controlled at a higher level so that one change to that would affect everything that had a gratuity attached to it.  The $18 is the correct “sale”  price for the refreshment package so I also believe that’s where the mistake initiated.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m thinking that the gratuity is something that applies to more than just this item and would be controlled at a higher level so that one change to that would affect everything that had a gratuity attached to it.  The $18 is the correct “sale”  price for the refreshment package so I also believe that’s where the mistake initiated.

I get that it can be a "glitch" but the fact that my receipt/email confirmation says Special Offer makes me believe this was like a one time flash sale that too many people took advantage of and Royal's profit margin isn't liking the fact that so many people got this special offer.  So I think now Royal is back pedaling on their special offer and falling back upon their catch all cruise contract.   Just really made PR for the company. My cruise planner still says my package is valid but I am not getting my hopes up. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

... The $18 is the correct “sale”  price for the refreshment package so I also believe that’s where the mistake initiated.

Sounds about right.

56 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

I remember one airline had a "glitch" something like ny to fla fir $24. When airfares were running $100. It was reported on the NEWS that those that booked would have price honored. 

If our drink packages are not honored, take to the news. 

$95 for water park in September,  it was $39 two weeks ago

• Like 1

I think all of you social media users need to vent BIG time.  I am so sick and tired of company's "rotten customer "circus".

I have been bamboozled by the best of them,  Apple, Airbnb etc and I have to say I am quite over them and ready to take my business elsewhere.

I have four cruises on Royal  this year and there are other cruise lines available.

"I'm mad as hell and not going to take it anymore,'  from Network.