Teens and CocoCay Water Park

Reading on another thread that kids under 18 require an adult to gain entry to the waterpark.

Have already bought 2 passes (while on sale) for my kids.  Neither DH or myself want to use the waterpark (and I did not read the fine print).  Were you forced to buy an adult pass at the park.  If yes, what was the price and were you able to use OBC (charge it to your seapass?).

My kids are 12 and 13 but both look much older, if that matters.

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

The water park employees aren't babysitters so it should be the parents who watch them. I do think the age of 18 requirement is a bit high and should be lowered.

Yeah. It should be 16, similar to Solarium. For example, a person must be 16 year old could to watch a person who is 13 years old or over, and 18 years old to monitor a person 12 and younger. 

3 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

I think this is a ridiculous way for RCI to get money. They knew that kids would be the sole user of the Thrill Waterpark, so they followed what Atlantis (their closest competition) did.

uh no.   its not an extension of the  Kids club programing so a parent or other adult  needs to be there watching.  and I bet there are plenty of adults who will partake.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, spookwife said:

uh no.   its not an extension of the  Kids club programing so a parent or other adult  needs to be there watching.  and I bet there are plenty of adults who will partake.

Um...no. I absolutely despise Royal's meticulous here. They already charge those who are 13 years old or older as adults, so if they are being charged as adults, and not kids, why aren't they considered adults in the waterpark? Additionally, in the waterparks on the ship, adults are not required to supervise their kids, so why are they here? I agree with @Ourusualbeach, they should have discounted rates, for those who just to stay in the Thrill Waterpark to observe their kids. If you can name a single parent, besides yourself, who would rather be observing a kid waiting on long lines for hours over drinking and relaxing on the beach, then I will drop my argument.  

Not a parent.  And just take a look at the thread asking about leaving the kids on board while the adults sight see.  Plenty of mortally offended parents who shamed any other parent who thought that was an okay thing to do.  As for on board.. umm, pretty sure you Are expected to be in the vicinity.  It may not be as rigidly enforced, but the smaller venue means the 1-2 lifeguards on duty can keep an eye on all things easier.  

No different than Disney charging 10 year olds as an adult yet not allowing them in the park without a parent until they are 12.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

I think this is a ridiculous way for RCI to get money. They knew that kids would be the sole user of the Thrill Waterpark, so they followed what Atlantis (their closest competition) did.

I'm sorry, but why would only kids use the water park?  Also, Most parks today require an adult to be with the kid.  12 and 13 need to be supervised.  As a matter of fact, I believe kids can't do anything on their own for any excursion or activity off the ship.

2 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

I'm sorry, but why would only kids use the water park?  Also, Most parks today require an adult to be with the kid.  12 and 13 need to be supervised.  As a matter of fact, I believe kids can't do anything on their own for any excursion or activity off the ship.

Although I see your point, I just find it as a ploy for RCI to make more money. I just hope RCI includes a bar in the area and a place to sit like on the beaches. 🙄

I have no problem being inside to watch my kids, but I have no desire to use the slides and should not have to pay just so my ticket-bearing teens can gain entry.  

I get that there should be a cut-off age, but 18 is ridiculous.  Once they are old enough to sign in/out of the kid's club on their own (or if you have to pay the adult fee for them to sail)- they should be considered old enough to behave responsibility.  I would not want a 6 year old unattended to, but I'm fine with a 13 year old.

I think there is a far greater risk of an unattended child at the swimming pool than there is of an unattended teen at the water park.

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They should also have a cheaper pass for adults that are just watching their kids but not using the rides.  Atlantis offers this as do several other major water parks. 

Atlantis does not offer this.

I think if you are old enough to come and go from the teen club, you should be allowed in without a parent. Teens on cruise ships use waterslides on cruise ships without parent supervision all of the time. All of my kids were babysitting by 13. 

14 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Atlantis does not offer this.

I think if you are old enough to come and go from the teen club, you should be allowed in without a parent. Teens on cruise ships use waterslides on cruise ships without parent supervision all of the time. All of my kids were babysitting by 13. 

Sorry but I have been to Atlantis numerous times and they certainly do offer this.  You can buy an admission to grounds only for half the price of the water park pass.

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry but I have been to Atlantis numerous times and they certainly do offer this.  You can buy an admission to grounds only for half the price of the water park pass.

If you are not a guest, there are 3 passes, Aqua adventure for everything, beach/aquarium for access to the beach/aquarium (not allowed in the pool/slide area), or just an aquarium pass.

19 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

If you are not a guest, there are 3 passes, Aqua adventure for everything, beach/aquarium for access to the beach/aquarium (not allowed in the pool/slide area), or just an aquarium pass.

We have been able to book the beach /aquarium pass and wander around the slides area without issue. 

Can anyone explain the process to me of how this park works?  

Do you have to wear a wristband?

If yes, are these delivered to your cabin?

When/where/how do you sign the activity waiver or is it one waiver for all activities on/off the ship?

Is your wristband checked before you enter the "thrill" side or as you get on a ride?

Who is monitoring to make sure only those with paid passes enter the park?

48 minutes ago, Queen of Oakville said:

Can anyone explain the process to me of how this park works?  

Do you have to wear a wristband?

If yes, are these delivered to your cabin?

When/where/how do you sign the activity waiver or is it one waiver for all activities on/off the ship?

Is your wristband checked before you enter the "thrill" side or as you get on a ride?

Who is monitoring to make sure only those with paid passes enter the park?

There are no wrist bands. They scan your sea pass card, which has the excursion loaded on the card, when you enter the water park.

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They should also have a cheaper pass for adults that are just watching their kids but not using the rides.  Atlantis offers this as do several other major water parks. 

Rare. Last 20yrs I go to watch young/newborn Kids and Grandchildren at Disney, Amusement Parks, Water Parks and never use anything Always Full Price for me...

Edited by ONECRUISER

15 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Why is it ridiculous to make it mandatory for a parent to supervise their kids? Kids should be supervised on every single area on the cruise.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Why is it ridiculous to make it mandatory for a parent to supervise their kids? Kids should be supervised on every single area on the cruise.

There is a huge difference between the supervision of a 6 year old vs. a 16 year old. 

• Like 2