Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

On 11/25/2019 at 6:55 PM, MADflyer said:

Since Adventure is going to Europe for 2021 and is also getting the 'Royal Amplified" revitalization, I guess the work would be done at Cadiz, Spain. It then becomes interesting to know if they will do it prior to the Baltic season or at the end of the Baltic season. This may affect at which end there will be a transatlantic and to where. 

I have not found any port booking yet for Adventure to give any clues. Anyone else? 

Adventure would be the largest ship ever for RCCL to offer the Iceland transatlatic and also worth it, since it's the most popular and highest yielding transatlantic they have on offer.

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

Adventure would be the largest ship ever for RCCL to offer the Iceland transatlatic and also worth it, since it's the most popular and highest yielding transatlantic they have on offer.

Solarium🥶🥶

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Adventure has been found having a call at St. Maarten on the 7th of November 2021,  which could be a transatlantic following a revitalization at Cadiz, Spain.  No other port bookings have been found yet. 

I have some experience doing several transatlantics and I would say my 14 day Oslo to Iceland sailing on Legend would have been the lowest yielding of them all due to a number of factors. The ship died at 11 PM and venues were closed. Shore excursions in many ports were cancelled and refunded due to weather and arrival issues. The overnight at Reykjavik was a tremendous experience but all the other ports posed weather risks. 

5 hours ago, MADflyer said:

I have some experience doing several transatlantics and I would say my 14 day Oslo to Iceland sailing on Legend would have been the lowest yielding of them all due to a number of factors.

Not sure what happened since then but the Radiance class ships doing that route recently have had crazy high prices.

Biker, who was on a 16 day Legend TA via Iceland which had $400 interiors.

• Like 1

I was chatting to the Next Cruise manager on Adventure the day before yesterday. She says that the Odyssey Thanksgiving cruise for next year is heavily booked already, with interiors and ocean views being close to sold out.

47 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I was chatting to the Next Cruise manager on Adventure the day before yesterday. She says that the Odyssey Thanksgiving cruise for next year is heavily booked already, with interiors and ocean views being close to sold out.

Dread to think what prices will be like for Odyssey in the Med! 😱🤭

Edited by little britain

15 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure what happened since then but the Radiance class ships doing that route recently have had crazy high prices.

Biker, who was on a 16 day Legend TA via Iceland which had $400 interiors.

Still patiently waiting for that fall 2021 TA to get posted for booking.  Assuming RCI even offers that north Atlantic Greenland/Iceland route? Any guesses?  I have heard week of 12/9...but I think that was just a guess maybe?  Will be on Harmony next week...hoping to book then with Next Cruise...or just book online on the ship. 

Edited by island lady

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Still patiently waiting for that fall 2021 TA to get posted for booking.  Assuming RCI even offers that north Atlantic Greenland/Iceland route? Any guesses?  I have heard week of 12/9...but I think that was just a guess maybe?  Will be on Harmony next week...hoping to book then with Next Cruise...or just book online on the ship. 

I would not attempt to book online on the ship.

10 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

I would not attempt to book online on the ship.

Why is that?  I have my own laptop...is there a problem I am not aware of?  Most of the time, however, I simply research the ship, date, and cabin I want...then take that info to Next Cruise to book it for me.  Just worried about how fast that Fall TA when sell out.  😮 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Read the previous posts about the Adventure, as a Radiance-class ship won’t be doing the Iceland/Greenland TA. I was also waiting for that cruise, but from what others have posted about Adventure and a possible dry dock in fall 2021, it is looking doubtful. However, check this week’s new releases to find out if and when Adventure will be in the Northeast.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Do this next week. @FloridaCruiser99 suggesting that you don't book may have been referring to the PCs at RCOnline.

OK..thanks!  Will check with NC when we board next Sunday to find out if they know anything about launch dates for that TA.  Still anxious to find out if they are doing that route...and which ship.  

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, NancyIL said:

Read the previous posts about the Adventure, as a Radiance-class ship won’t be doing the Iceland/Greenland TA. I was also waiting for that cruise, but from what others have posted about Adventure and a possible dry dock in fall 2021, it is looking doubtful. However, check this week’s new releases to find out if and when Adventure will be in the Northeast.

I couldn't find anything listed yet.  Just TAs from Barcelona.  😞 Have been checking daily.  

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Why is that?  I have my own laptop...is there a problem I am not aware of?  Most of the time, however, I simply research the ship, date, and cabin I want...then take that info to Next Cruise to book it for me.  Just worried about how fast that Fall TA when sell out.  😮 

I was just onboard HR and all the RCI booking sites were blocked

I am confused about the Harmony 2021 TA from Barcelona.  It's the normal 2-week long TA but only has one port stop (Malaga, Spain) instead of the normal 3 or so.  Is the ship just sailing back to North America really slooooowly, or has anyone ever seen seen a situation in these cases where port stops are added later?  It just seems so odd.  

Edited by Tiggerontheseas