Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m booking March 12, 2022 as soon as it’s released. 

When is Odyssey supposed to get released?  Thought it would have been this week with the other 7 week Caribbean.  

We ended up booking Oasis for March break...but refundable so can always change.

Just now, LuCruise said:

When is Odyssey supposed to get released?  Thought it would have been this week with the other 7 week Caribbean.  

We ended up booking Oasis for March break...but refundable so can always change.

Early December.  I’m not looking forward to seeing the pricing.  The 8 day for March break was just over $5000 CDN for the balcony I wanted.  Good thing the kids will be in university.

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Early December.  I’m not looking forward to seeing the pricing.  The 8 day for March break was just over $5000 CDN for the balcony I wanted.  Good thing the kids will be in university.

Lol...helps when booking for just 2.  But yeah, being the new ship and 8 days, not surprised.

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It that is truly what they are charging, we will not be seeing you on that cruise.  We would love to, but paying for 4 instead of 2 would kill us.  We only need an inside cabin, so hopefully it will not be anywhere near that price.

8 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

It that is truly what they are charging, we will not be seeing you on that cruise.  We would love to, but paying for 4 instead of 2 would kill us.  We only need an inside cabin, so hopefully it will not be anywhere near that price.

Still pricey, 4 in an inside was around $5300 CDN 

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Same with the 7 night for Harmony and Symphony.  Prices are insane this year.  Same March break week is $5768 CAD for inside non-refundable .  Add another $210 for refundable and you're just under 6K.  And the insides are 149 sq ft.  Promenade rooms, which at least at 194 sq ft are over 6K for non-refundable. Hence, we went with Oasis which is at least, is more affordable.  I do wonder what we'll do when we come to the time where we cannot get away with all of us in a room.

15 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Same with the 7 night for Harmony and Symphony.  Prices are insane this year.  Same March break week is $5768 CAD for inside non-refundable .  Add another $210 for refundable and you're just under 6K.  And the insides are 149 sq ft.  Promenade rooms, which at least at 194 sq ft are over 6K for non-refundable. Hence, we went with Oasis which is at least, is more affordable.  I do wonder what we'll do when we come to the time where we cannot get away with all of us in a room.

It’s not as bad as you might think.  Once you start booking 2 in a room you can get into group space with a TA.  You must be close to getting a balcony discount.

The difference between 2 Central Park balconies (refundable)with a D discount and one CP view (non refundable) room with 4 in it is only $800 on the March break 2022 sailing 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It’s not as bad as you might think.  Once you start booking 2 in a room you can get into group space with a TA.  You must be close to getting a balcony discount.

The difference between 2 Central Park balconies (refundable)with a D discount and one CP view (non refundable) room with 4 in it is only $800 on the March break 2022 sailing 

Thanks.  Great to know!  Yeah....including all of our booked cruises we won't be far off to D (and if we end up booking a short summer cruise with next release, we'll be there).  At that point, 2 full teenagers. that $800 would be worth it.

20 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks.  Great to know!  Yeah....including all of our booked cruises we won't be far off to D (and if we end up booking a short summer cruise with next release, we'll be there).  At that point, 2 full teenagers. that $800 would be worth it.

Yep, definitely worth it.  Our 2021 cruise we will be back down to one cabin with us and my son....not sure I’m looking forward to going back to a single cabin. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yep, definitely worth it.  Our 2021 cruise we will be back down to one cabin with us and my son....not sure I’m looking forward to going back to a single cabin. 

We have 2 on Anthem, but then the next bunch are back to single.  We mix and match and manage...for now. Depends on pricing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks Ken.  If flight costs are the same as they currently are for March 2020, then that will cost about $10,000 for 4 in an inside cabin.  OUCH!!!!  May book it anyways but will definitely be booking refundable rate and will look at other ships, itineraries, and CRUISE LINES to see if they are more reasonably priced.  May be time for a land vacation instead.  Probably can fly 4 to Aruba or Curacao for a full week for less.

2 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Thanks Ken.  If flight costs are the same as they currently are for March 2020, then that will cost about $10,000 for 4 in an inside cabin.  OUCH!!!!  May book it anyways but will definitely be booking refundable rate and will look at other ships, itineraries, and CRUISE LINES to see if they are more reasonably priced.  May be time for a land vacation instead.  Probably can fly 4 to Aruba or Curacao for a full week for less.

Not sure if you’ve been watching flights for 2021 but Air Transat released March 2021 over a month ago.  Some sub $400 rates were available depending on the day travelled. 

Start watching them in Sept for 2022.

12 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

So I've followed this thread but must have missed it... Why hasn't Odyssey  2022 been released and what about any 7 departures from Galveston?  

Galveston itineraries will be released in December ! Allure will be in Galveston week of November 10 , 2021 ! Last Port Canaveral loop will be October 31 - November 6 and then on to Galveston for most likely schedule adjustment November 10 to November 14  !   Sunday to Sunday 7 days should begin November 14, 2021.

Edited by ssb

15 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Isn't it slowly time by end of 2021 to get rid of Empress, the ship is by then more than 30 years old. I really do not understand why Royal will keep ships older than 30.

Cruise Lines are keeping ships longer now they previous Gen, many main Cruise Lines have ships about same age. Even Majesty(Sov Class) and several Carnival's were designed over 30yrs ago. But they dont start Cuba Cruise, which probably wont think Empress will be gone in couple yrs

Edited by ONECRUISER