Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

5 minutes ago, Florida_cruisers said:

Any idea on what that could mean? 

China itinerary roll outs are unique and not sure any history can be used to predict future schedules.

All of this will likely be discussed in the existing 21-22 deployment thread.

I am waiting for 2021 itineraries out of Cape Liberty to be released to the Caribbean and Bahamas.  I assumed that would be this week.  I see someone said not until week of December 2nd because cruises out of that port are considered Northeast.  That doesn't sound right to me. I always thought it was based on where the ship was going?  Any insight? Cause if I can wait 2 weeks instead of checking 3 times a day that would be great. lol 

2 hours ago, eel said:

We are considering the Celebrity Reflection TA out of Rome for Fall 2021.  

The only possible Royal TA from Rome in that time frame is Odyssey but I think that won’t come out for a few more weeks.

The Reflection prices are about the same as the Connie prices.  However, the ports on the Connie ports include three that we have never been to.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Florida_cruisers said:

I see that in a few weeks the China schedule deployment will come out. However I see that it says “phase 1.” Any idea on what that could mean? 

I am hoping to book for Summer 2021 out of Shanghai/Hong Kong to Japan. 

We did a wonderful Japan and China cruise that included 5 ports in Japan, Shanghai, Taiwan and ended in HK.  That was on Celebrity Millennium.

We had done a three week tour of China with Vantage World Travel that was awesome.  I would advise to do China right, plan on a land tour.

2 hours ago, eel said:

We are considering the Celebrity Reflection TA out of Rome for Fall 2021.  

The only possible Royal TA from Rome in that time frame is Odyssey but I think that won’t come out for a few more weeks.

I spoke with Maritza at Royal C. about Odyssey and she said that it would not be going out of Rome for a TA.

I was a bit shocked by the prices for the three day cruise from Rome to Barcelona  as well as the TA from Barcelona home.

11 minutes ago, TimeToGetNauti said:

I am waiting for 2021 itineraries out of Cape Liberty to be released to the Caribbean and Bahamas.  I assumed that would be this week.  I see someone said not until week of December 2nd because cruises out of that port are considered Northeast.  That doesn't sound right to me. I always thought it was based on where the ship was going?  Any insight? Cause if I can wait 2 weeks instead of checking 3 times a day that would be great. lol 

Cruises from Cape Liberty, no matter where they're headed, are usually included in the Northeast release. 

4 hours ago, mets123 said:

Not true about the Voyager class. I was on the Voyager or Explorer from Cape Liberty about eight years ago and we went to Key West.

This doesn't sound right. Key West was tested only once (Mariner of the Seas) in 2012.

They didn't/couldn't dock... got there, turned around and headed away.

Unless I missed it on this forum, Voyager Class never tried this again.

Here's the original link with photos from the webcam of that test

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1552118-voyager-class-to-test-key-west/page/3/

1 hour ago, little britain said:

What prices? 

little britain,

I just checked the Royal C. website for the 3 day cruise from Rome to Barcelona and the 13 day TA from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale.  The prices are far lower than what Maritza told me over the phone.   The 3 day is little over $500 for a balcony and the TA is $1399 for a balcony, which happens to be about $1900 for 16 days.

It is a hundred dollars more than the 15 day TA that I booked with Celebrity.    Maritza quoted me $1200 for the three day in a balcony and $2800+ for the TA.   I didn't check the website because I had her on the line (that was yesterday).  Amazing.

54 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

little britain,

I just checked the Royal C. website for the 3 day cruise from Rome to Barcelona and the 13 day TA from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale.  The prices are far lower than what Maritza told me over the phone.   The 3 day is little over $500 for a balcony and the TA is $1399 for a balcony, which happens to be about $1900 for 16 days.

It is a hundred dollars more than the 15 day TA that I booked with Celebrity.    Maritza quoted me $1200 for the three day in a balcony and $2800+ for the TA.   I didn't check the website because I had her on the line (that was yesterday).  Amazing.

I don't see Odyssey in Europe on the .com or .co.uk sites

2 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

This doesn't sound right. Key West was tested only once (Mariner of the Seas) in 2012.

They didn't/couldn't dock... got there, turned around and headed away.

Unless I missed it on this forum, Voyager Class never tried this again.

Here's the original link with photos from the webcam of that test

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1552118-voyager-class-to-test-key-west/page/3/

I stand corrected. It was the Grandeur out of Baltimore.

4 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

We did a wonderful Japan and China cruise that included 5 ports in Japan, Shanghai, Taiwan and ended in HK.  That was on Celebrity Millennium.

We had done a three week tour of China with Vantage World Travel that was awesome.  I would advise to do China right, plan on a land tour.

I have been to China before on a land tour and it was amazing! This time we want to go in a cruise to Japan with a group of family and friends. 

25 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Any hints yet about what Ovation is doing after her Alaska season?  Was hoping to hitch a ride to Hawaii.

Hawaii ports have started just showing port bookings 18 months in advance now, so it is difficult to confirm routes. Ovation is definitely booked for the Australian season with ports showing scheduled stops in 2021-22. 

8 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

I spoke with Maritza at Royal C. about Odyssey and she said that it would not be going out of Rome for a TA.

I was a bit shocked by the prices for the three day cruise from Rome to Barcelona  as well as the TA from Barcelona home.

Wow, that would be a surprise!  It is supposed to be home ported in Rome.  They would have to have a one way to another port like Barcelona and then start the TA there. Thanks for letting us know!

I think the price on Reflection has already gone up!  We may have to look more closely at Connie.

By the way, in 2017 we did a cruise out of Rome and then did a one way flight on Vueling from Italy to Barcelona that was pretty cheap.  Short flights in Europe on discount carriers are always a reasonable option.  No need to cruise from Rome to Barcelona!

Edited by eel
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Makes sense since they just refurbished Quantum for the International market, though I'm still hoping for a 2nd additional seasonal ship!

2 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

It still doesn't make sense. Short Caribbean cruises weren't supposed to be released until December 16th, 2019. Yet I see Symphony's 5-day sailing in December, but no 6-day sailing in August! Why?

The release dates are supposed to be for the whole ship, not specific sailings.  This phase was all the ships that primarily do 7+ day sailings.  They may also do some shorter sailings, but they are the exception not the rule.  The Short Caribbean release is for ships that primarily do 3-5 day sailings.  I know that still doesn't explain why there are certain sailings that haven't opened for sale yet, but it's not because they are specifically waiting for the Short Caribbean release date.