Yes they leave you.....

Saw that video on FB.  Not a surprise to those of us that have cruised more than a few times, but I have never seen anyone left.  The fake hand really surprised me.  It's kind of taunting them and seems unprofessional.

3 minutes ago, BND said:

The fake hand really surprised me.  It's kind of taunting them and seems unprofessional.

Looking at angle I think they were waving at the people on the other ship in port. The crew member was kind of turned towards the aft well past couple on dock. We saw a woman left once her husband was on ship with kids. 

• Like 1

I've still never seen that (hand) before.  But, for anyone who thinks they will just come back to pick you up, from the video, you can see how close they are and they keep leaving.  There are multiple videos on Youtube of people being left or almost left.  Almost left, we have seen.

I have seen the giant hand waved from other RCL ships more than two dozen times. This has nothing to do with people missing the ship.  Sounds like someone was having a slow day and needed something, anything to hand in; made up or otherwise.

• Like 2

We were in St. Lucia and several people missed the ship and they had a speed boat deliver them to the ship.
I never want to be in that position, but a part of me thinks it'd be really cool to speed up to a cruise ship and hop on. I also realize it's probably way cooler in my head than in reality.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

I never want to be in that position, but a part of me thinks it'd be really cool to speed up to a cruise ship and hop on. I also realize it's probably way cooler in my head than in reality.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah.  They don't put out the gangway for you.  Usually you climb a ROPE LADDER from the speed boat to a doorway much higher on the ship.  😮  😮  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yeah.  They don't put out the gangway for you.  Usually you climb a ROPE LADDER from the speed boat to a doorway much higher on the ship.  😮  😮  

Yeah, that doesn't change my "that would be pretty cool" thinking. If they made it an excursion I bet people would sign up for it!

30 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Yeah, that doesn't change my "that would be pretty cool" thinking. If they made it an excursion I bet people would sign up for it!

I've done it many times, and I do think its pretty cool.  Then again, I'm still in decent shape and being it was work related, I had no booze in my blood.  :classic_biggrin:

53 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Until they hit you with the bill for this little excursion. 

• Haha 1

Good reason to make sure you have your passport with you! I imagine it would be difficult flying to another country island (unless they are lax about that with island hoppers, I don't know.)

And I'm surprised to hear that RCI allows speedboats to deliver late passengers. I can only imagine the potential liability with a delivery like that. And what would it cost? I suppose whatever you negotiate with the speedboat owner unless they do it out of kindness and adventure. Does Royal ding you as well?

3 hours ago, Aquahound said:

I've done it many times, and I do think its pretty cool.  Then again, I'm still in decent shape and being it was work related, I had no booze in my blood.  :classic_biggrin:

I would pay money to WATCH you do it, Aquahound  😉

BTW, I was in Key West yesterday, and thought of you and missed you.  😞 

35 minutes ago, Zephanor said:

Good reason to make sure you have your passport with you! I imagine it would be difficult flying to another country island (unless they are lax about that with island hoppers, I don't know.)

And I'm surprised to hear that RCI allows speedboats to deliver late passengers. I can only imagine the potential liability with a delivery like that. And what would it cost? I suppose whatever you negotiate with the speedboat owner unless they do it out of kindness and adventure. Does Royal ding you as well?

At least sometimes, it has been an official boat, like a pilot boat.

4 hours ago, smplybcause said:

Then you would definitely adore the excursion that I proposed to Royal Caribbean when the first drawings for the Oasis were released in 2007.  (or was it 2008?  whatever)

Let the people in the Boardwalk Balcony cabins book an "excursion" where they get a paintball gun and can shoot at the zipliners.

That would have made them A LOT of money!  😄😄😄😄

• Haha 1