What night for the Steakhouse?

Gettys84

33 days until our Bermuda cruise on the Sunshine.  It is a 7 day cruise out of Charleston with overnight stay in Bermuda.  If you had to pick a night to go to the steakhouse (the fist time we have tried in 10 cruises) what night would you go?  We do not drink so do not care about the "wine deals" on the first night.  Any opinions are welcome!  

We did the first night and the second sea day.the wine is nothing special o get better wine at my local Aldi's for 2.49 a bottle.if you like to dress nice dont expect others to do the same.it bothers my wife to feel over dressed/ under dressed so we don't bother.id rather eat at my local Texas Roadhouse .it's one of those you have to try it yourself one time.it may suit you just fine. Lots of people love it.

4 hours ago, Gettys84 said:

It is a 7 day cruise out of Charleston with overnight stay in Bermuda.  If you had to pick a night to go to the steakhouse what night would you go?  We do not drink so do not care about the "wine deals" on the first night.  

Hi Gettys84 ☺️

My wife & I enjoy the steakhouse during the 2nd formal/elegant evening of a voyage. 

🍷

We usually pick a port day that we depart early.

This time it is Grand Turk which we leave at 2:30, Plenty of time to get ready.

No better way to spend the day at Jack Shacks and then to follow up with a nice dinner.

Oh, and it and it happens to be my 60th that day....

• Like 1

I do not like wines YUK! However my DW does and we did the Steakhouse the 1st night on our last cruise, as for the free bottle of wine my wife was YUK! Now our Panama Canal trip in February I have talked my wife into going again night #2, and she hates spending money. I just hope she will upgrade to a better selection of wine, she deserve it.

On 8/26/2019 at 7:11 PM, Gettys84 said:

33 days until our Bermuda cruise on the Sunshine.  It is a 7 day cruise out of Charleston with overnight stay in Bermuda.  If you had to pick a night to go to the steakhouse (the fist time we have tried in 10 cruises) what night would you go?  We do not drink so do not care about the "wine deals" on the first night.  Any opinions are welcome!  

We usually do the second night ( free wine / kids club not available first night) and the last night (last hurrah before heading home).  

For me, it's whatever night the MDR menu is the most blah. The steakhouse experience is the same every night. The only wild card is if you want the wine deal (which I don't). I actually enjoy quite a few entrees from the MDR, but it probably wouldn't sit well for me if I missed filet mignon night in the MDR and went to the MDR on a night where nothing sounded that good.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

For me, it's whatever night the MDR menu is the most blah. The steakhouse experience is the same every night. The only wild card is if you want the wine deal (which I don't). I actually enjoy quite a few entrees from the MDR, but it probably wouldn't sit well for me if I missed filet mignon night in the MDR and went to the MDR on a night where nothing sounded that good.

I agree.  Check the MDR menu everyday and go to the steakhouse when nothing in the MDR appeals to you.

Our experiences in the steakhouses on the Magic and the Breeze have ranged from very good down to ok but not worth the extra charge.  Atmosphere and ambiance and service have always met expectations.  Food has been hit or miss.  

1 hour ago, havanadaydreaming said:

unless there were specific entertainment shows that evening we really wanted to see

Why can't you eat at the Steakhouse and see a show. We have done this many times, make your reservation around the show.  Everyone exaggerates dining time in the Steakhouse. We are usually done 1-1 1/2 hours. 

3 hours ago, Gettys84 said:

Thank you guys for the replies.  I think we are going to see what night we don't see anything that interests us in the MDR and book that night.  Now just have to figure out what to order!

47 minutes ago, coevan said:

That's what we do, never been turned down.

3 hours ago, Gettys84 said:

Thank you guys for the replies.  I think we are going to see what night we don't see anything that interests us in the MDR and book that night.  Now just have to figure out what to order!

Good idea. it's too hard to predict what night will work best for you at this point. 

We've never not been able to get in either.

18 hours ago, tkportersat said:

We usually do the second night ( free wine / kids club not available first night) and the last night (last hurrah before heading home).  

The kids club not being open the first night explains why there were screaming kids on either side of us the first night we went.  We went 4 of the 8 nights on our last cruise and the first night was the only night kids were there.  

3 hours ago, brandibit said:

The kids club not being open the first night explains why there were screaming kids on either side of us the first night we went.  We went 4 of the 8 nights on our last cruise and the first night was the only night kids were there.  

Yeah, some parents apparently think they can take their kids everywhere with them and everyone just needs to deal with it.  We don't have that mindset.  Our son is 9 now so we could take him and he would be quiet and polite; last time we cruised he was 6 and not ready for sitting and behaving that long.  So at the time, we went when the kids club was available 🙂 I mean, it is supposed to be a nice/enjoyable dinner-for everyone.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1