Le Petit Chef menus — photos — 9/2019

cruisestitch

Thanks for posting these. We had heard that the menu was changed during each cruise , this is first confirmation anyone has posted showing the menus. We booked LPC on day 3 and day 6 of an upcoming 6 night cruise. Plan to cancel whichever is not the lobster menu!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Thanks for posting...

What is a roasted half lobster?

We like the menu but not the animation or group dining  concept..so we'll pass on it.

Split lengthwise so that you have half a tail and one claw. We had that menu on the Infinity LPC and it was excellent! 

image.thumb.png.bb3aeee8861bad359b3c3043a7f2b3ed.png

Edited by vtcruising

In my opinion - aside from the cartoon novelty /frivolity --  MDR menus - a not so fine dining experience  for $55 per head. Tried it once , but the menu needs to be of Murano standard for a return for us at that price .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hammo said:

In my opinion - aside from the cartoon novelty /frivolity --  MDR menus - a not so fine dining experience  for $55 per head. Tried it once , but the menu needs to be of Murano standard for a return for us at that price .

Totally agree.  We ate there once on our Infinity trans-Atlantic cruise in May.   The food was very average, definitely not up to the standard of the other specialty restaurants  and although the novelty aspect was good as a one-off experience we certainly wouldn't go there again.  Probably most suited to family groups.  

20 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Split lengthwise so that you have half a tail and one claw. We had that menu on the Infinity LPC and it was excellent! 

image.thumb.png.bb3aeee8861bad359b3c3043a7f2b3ed.png

Interesting..but roasted?

Not sure we have eaten roasted  lobster?  Looks smallish...

3 hours ago, hcat said:

Interesting..but roasted?

Not sure we have eaten roasted  lobster?  Looks smallish...

Pan roasted in butter/sauce briefly after steamed and removed from shell, most likely. It was very good, however they did it. It is a smallish lobster (looking at it again more closely, it looks like we only got the tail only on the Infinity), but with the bouillabaisse, filet mignon (with potatoes and broccoli) and chocolate sundae, it was more than enough. 🙂

image.thumb.png.a6a9740a5b00d4497b9a2299216bfe2f.png

image.thumb.png.fa6623fa5b10f6c01d908be7476cf9ee.png

image.thumb.png.c68cb115439ddf96d19bc277a8e11a58.png

Edited by vtcruising

15 hours ago, hammo said:

Agreed. We went last week on our Reflection Baltic cruise.  I thought the price was reasonable on the sea day lunch special: 2 for $55. It is definitely not up to Murano standard. I would not pay full price for this experience. 

9 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Pan roasted in butter/sauce briefly after steamed and removed from shell, most likely. It was very good, however they did it. It is a smallish lobster (looking at it again more closely, it looks like we only got the tail only on the Infinity), but with the bouillabaisse, filet mignon (with potatoes and broccoli) and chocolate sundae, it was more than enough. 🙂

image.thumb.png.a6a9740a5b00d4497b9a2299216bfe2f.png

image.thumb.png.fa6623fa5b10f6c01d908be7476cf9ee.png

image.thumb.png.c68cb115439ddf96d19bc277a8e11a58.png

Yum yum yummy...

We,ll see how things go on EDGE!

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

Yum yum yummy...

We,ll see how things go on EDGE!

There's a different menu on the Edge. Food not as good, IMO, but still a good time.

We will hopefully have the same menu as above on the Infinity for our FPC and even though will be in Luminae, we still will do LPC just for the food and ambiance (we love going there with our FPC friends). 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

We've seen LPC 3X. If you're hung up on the food you're kind of missing the whole point. Our waiter explained the technology behind this experience. I mean heck, you're seeing 3D characters on your plate that takes about a million dollars to achieve this effect. Also the animation takes about 24 hours to create each 5 seconds. If we got a grilled cheese sandwich as our dinner we would have been happy enough. This is amazing technology with genius storytelling. The last time we saw it the entire room was applauding at the end. Awesome stuff!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, katiegirl1264 said:

We've seen LPC 3X. If you're hung up on the food you're kind of missing the whole point. Our waiter explained the technology behind this experience. I mean heck, you're seeing 3D characters on your plate that takes about a million dollars to achieve this effect. Also the animation takes about 24 hours to create each 5 seconds. If we got a grilled cheese sandwich as our dinner we would have been happy enough. This is amazing technology with genius storytelling. The last time we saw it the entire room was applauding at the end. Awesome stuff!

Totally agree. They need to do a better job explaining the complexity of this. For goodness sakes there's plenty of food on the ship. This is a dining experience. Friends of ours just saw this in Napa and it was $200 per person. For us the $55 felt like a bargain. We've traveled the world for 30 years, LPC is the top 5 dinners we'll always remember. We had a ball. Our favorite night.

• Like 1

Yep , I'm hung up on the food - and certainly dont feel I'm missing the point . After all this IS a dining experience - the food should be the hero - ,   As for Genius Story Telling .. and being happy with a grilled cheese for $55 .....  really ? 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/7/2019 at 3:26 AM, DebInAntigua said:

Thanks for posting these. We had heard that the menu was changed during each cruise , this is first confirmation anyone has posted showing the menus. We booked LPC on day 3 and day 6 of an upcoming 6 night cruise. Plan to cancel whichever is not the lobster menu!

That is what  I would do.

On 9/8/2019 at 7:29 PM, katiegirl1264 said:

It is a novelty.  Add good food and I will go more than once.